6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6th Gen Jet MAF Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

6th Gen Jet MAF Sensor

OK many of my Max brothers and sisters are adding performance parts and some of you may not have known about the Jet MAF sensor which is designed for the increased airflow through the intake. I ordered mine from JEGS. Took me 5 minutes to swap it out, turned the key and the car started faster with a stronger sound, I'll test drive it to work tomorrow and give you my impression.

Anyway, here's the 411 (Cost $134.00)
Jet Part Number: 69138
Fits: 04-08 Nissan Maxima 3.5L SE or SL

Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 PM

subscribed...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Titan guys have had this exact part for a while:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...-sensor-4.html
Old 10-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanks for posting this Chern! I will probably order it soon!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
The Titan guys have had this exact part for a while:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...-sensor-4.html
I've seen many threads on this and I'm not looking for any significant HP or TQ gains since my car is tuned to new mods, I'm hoping more for a MAF that won't throw codes with any Max that's pushing pass 300whp+ which the OEM ones tend to do. Ask anyone with headers! This post is not an endorsement, it's more of an R&D test on my dime.

We'll never know unless someone tries it... I'm curious...

Last edited by chernmax; 10-28-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
I've seen many threads on this and I'm not looking for any significant HP or TQ gains since my car is tuned to new mods, I'm hoping more for a MAF that won't throw codes with any Max that's pushing pass 300whp+ which the OEM ones tend to do. Ask anyone with headers! This post is not an endorsement, it's more of an R&D test on my dime.

Very curious to know your findings... subscribed!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Hmmm... wonder if this would help with the lean codes a bunch of us are getting after installing the Cattman headers... Keep us updated, at least on the "feel" of it...

***Edit***

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ml#post1474549

I think I'll pass then. lol

Last edited by Oolatec; 10-28-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It appears that the product is aimed towards turbo and NO2 applications. The gains for N/A appear to be nominal at best. Anyone who has lean codes from headers should get TS dyno tune. I have consistent pinging after adding my 3" exhaust. Im due for a tune as well.

With that said, Im looking forward to hearing Cherns feedback.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM

I'll eventually fork over the $ for an UpRev Osiris tune. There's a local shop that'll do it.

When I'm due for an emissions test, I'll have to get the tune. Sometime next year I think.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
Hmmm... wonder if this would help with the lean codes a bunch of us are getting after installing the Cattman headers... Keep us updated, at least on the "feel" of it...

***Edit***

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ml#post1474549

I think I'll pass then. lol
Actually based on your post it may be exactly what I need since I'm boost. I give no guarantees or endorsements, just info on how it works for me. I do hope someone with a CAI would try it also and see if it lives up to it's claim, I know for a fact I will be pushing more air over it. Not all cars are created equal!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 AM

OK preliminary test were impressive on the low end power and TQ. I'm not however happy with the high end, seems my engine had a 4.5K RPM cutoff that it did not want to go pass and the car was having problems going pass 80 mph. I'm not sure if it's an ECU learning issue or a tuning issue but right now I'm flat-lined that this product is good for our MAXes! More will follow...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 AM

Actually based on your post it may be exactly what I need since I'm boost. I give no guarantees or endorsements, just info on how it works for me. I do hope someone with a CAI would try it also and see if it lives up to it's claim, I know for a fact I will be pushing more air over it. Not all cars are created equal!
Totally understood!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Update: OK I unhooked the battery for several hours to reset the ECU, again car starts strong and again low end power and torque are evident (No B/S). My check engine light is out and did not come back on during the spirited drive home. Stops and launches felt impressive but again it felt like at higher speeds and RPM the car was building boost and a signal was sent that's holding it back from my usually midband thrust forward.

It's also as though the car is manually shifting (I know it sounds crazy for an Automatic) so when I take my foot off the gas the waste-gate dumps, I get another surge of power then slows so I dump, another surge, dump, etc (Surge stops close to 4.5-5K rpm). I'm off tomorrow and will test drive it some more as well as contact Jet about my findings.

Understand also I have a piggy back computer which controls A/F so Tuning may be my problem, this may not necessarily affect a light/mid modded Max (CAI, spacer, Y-Pipe, UPD, Headers, full cattback etc). But thumbs up on the low end power and TQ feel, I know my car and do feel a difference. I'll be doing more testing and making calls! Peace all..
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 PM

Installed the Jet MAF today and took a couple of test runs, there is definately a great deal of improvement on the low end! Since doing my mods I noticed that I had a lag time off the line at WOT, it almost seemed as if the car was starving for fuel until the rpm,s climbed. With the JET maf this lag time is drastically reduced and the car does not lag like it did prior. I have a Fujita CAI and I replaced the Fujita filter with a better qaulity filter, unfortunatly I lost that distinct Fujita roar. After installing the JET MAF it definately gave me back some of the old sound. I will post tommorow after I have had a chance to get on the freeway to see what the performance feels like at higher speeds, hopefully I won't have the same experience but for $134 it seems to a good investment.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by cmccort
Installed the Jet MAF today and took a couple of test runs, there is definately a great deal of improvement on the low end! Since doing my mods I noticed that I had a lag time off the line at WOT, it almost seemed as if the car was starving for fuel until the rpm,s climbed. With the JET maf this lag time is drastically reduced and the car does not lag like it did prior. I have a Fujita CAI and I replaced the Fujita filter with a better qaulity filter, unfortunatly I lost that distinct Fujita roar. After installing the JET MAF it definately gave me back some of the old sound. I will post tommorow after I have had a chance to get on the freeway to see what the performance feels like at higher speeds, hopefully I won't have the same experience but for $134 it seems to a good investment.

What filter are you using? I almost pulled the trigger on this one but after reading about it in the Titan forums with conflicting reviews I had second thoughts

Last edited by Gollum67; 10-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:26 PM

I spoke with Speed Force Racing yesterday (Turbo Tim) and he feels it may be a tuning issue with me since I have a piggy back computer and the new MAF has different parameters which may be affecting the high end performance. I'm going to tuning soon but bringing my old MAF just in case!!! Overall I'm still sold on the improved low end performance gains I continue to feel (No B/S)!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 AM

Does it make sense to buy that MAF sensor for a stock car? The only thing I have is a K&N filter. On the side note, should I just clean my existing MAF sensor? Have 92K on the car and it has never been cleaned.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ubersl
Does it make sense to buy that MAF sensor for a stock car? The only thing I have is a K&N filter. On the side note, should I just clean my existing MAF sensor? Have 92K on the car and it has never been cleaned.
Thanks
At this time your stock MAF should work great, If you're going to clean it I recommend SeaFoam Deep Creep, it works awesome and sensor safe, and I would never tell you that if I have not used it myself!

http://www.seafoamsales.com/deep-creep/index.html
Old 10-31-2009, 02:40 PM

At this time your stock MAF should work great, If you're going to clean it I recommend SeaFoam Deep Creep, it works awesome and sensor safe, and I would never tell you that if I have not used it myself!

http://www.seafoamsales.com/deep-creep/index.html
Thanks for the advice. I actually went out and bought CRC MAF Cleaner. Now just have to drive and see if it actually made any difference.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by ubersl
Thanks for the advice. I actually went out and bought CRC MAF Cleaner. Now just have to drive and see if it actually made any difference.
I use that stuff and it is awesome. The seafoam that Chern described not only cleans the MAF, but it cleans out the intake/intake manifold/plenum/throttle body and valve. This is needed because of the oil and gas that is recycled through the intake from the valvecover vent tube. Gas and Oil going back into the intake is supposed to help in MPG by not wasting the gas that made it past the pistons. Also keeps from gas buildup in the valvecover that could be potentially dangerous. Either way the oil and gas and dirt that goes back into the intake builds up and needs cleaned out. If you have allready cleaned the MAF, I still recommend doing the Seafoam. There is a video on how to do this thanx to chern. You can also do your oil and gas. I personally have only done the intake. I have done this on a couple of my vehicles and have seen a big difference. I think Walmart Service center does this service too. They charge $20 to do it. I don't believe they use Seafoam, but it is the same process.

Last edited by po8pimp; 10-31-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 AM

Ok so I got my Jet MAF Sensor & installed it in my 08 6.5 Gen. When I first put it in, I didn't reset my ECU... I drove around a little bit & it felt the same.... then I went ahead & resetted my ECU & DAMN WHAT DIFFERENCE!!!!!
The car picks up real fast.. there's no lag in the low rpms...
I met up with Nas [ZZZNIGHTMAREZZZ] on the highway & we were side by side.. he told me to pull off & so I did.. he said the car pulled off real quick & that's exactly what I felt...

Overall I'm definatly satisfied with the power gains & I would definatly recommend you guys getting it.

**Sorry about the post from before... I posted it from my G1 & have no clue what it did lol
Unfortunatly I can't dyno a cvt but its pretty good imo.. the pick up is crazy quick!

Last edited by I3LAZEN; 11-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 AM

^^ dude I had a very hard time understand you
Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 AM

Need a real dyno anyway. Placebo effect always influences "mods" like this.

P.S. Race Mart has it for $110... but I've never heard of them... and neither has the BBB... and there are no business reviews on Google or anything...

http://www.race-mart.com/items/produ...138-detail.htm

Last edited by Oolatec; 11-06-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM

no dyno, no care
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
Ok so I got my Jet MAF Sensor & installed it in my 08 6.5 Gen. When I first put it in I didn't reset my ECU... I drove around a little bit & it felt the put it in I didn't reset my ECU... I drove around a little bit & it felt the same.... then I went ahead & resetted my ECU & DAMN WHAT A same.... then I went ahead & resetted my ECU & DAMN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! The car picks up real fast.. there's no lag in the low rpms... I met up with Nas [ZZZNIGHTMAREZZZ] on the highway & we were side by side.. he told me to pull off & so I did.. he said the car pulled off real quick & that's exactly what I felt... met up with Nas [ZZZNIGHTMAREZZZ] on the highway & we were side by side.. he told me to pull off & so I did.. he said the car pulled off real quick& that's exactly what I felt... Overall I'm definatly satisfied with the power gains & I would definatly recommend you guys getting it.
you should edit that ... lol...

but.. cliffnotes.. after you installed it felt the same,.. after you reset the ecu with it in it felt great,..

how do you know that if you just reset the ecu without it, you would have had the same *effects*,..
Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM

*Original Post Edited...
There's no lag in the low rpms.. thanks for the gr8 find chern...ill add rep when I get on my laptop!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 PM

Yeah... resetting the ECU even on a stock car would make it feel like there's more low-end.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Why? How do you reset the ecu? Is it just disconnecting the battery terminals from the battery, & waiting like 15 minutes, then put them back on?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by LandsEnd
Why? How do you reset the ecu? Is it just disconnecting the battery terminals from the battery, & waiting like 15 minutes, then put them back on?
Let me explain, YES!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
*Original Post Edited...
There's no lag in the low rpms.. thanks for the gr8 find chern...ill add rep when I get on my laptop!
Do you have acess to a Dyno ?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Do you have acess to a Dyno ?
LOL, yeah all he needs is access to your credit card to pay for it!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM

LOL, yeah all he needs is access to your credit card to pay for it!
Well I like how everyone jumps on something when it hasnt been back up, if your willing to spend money on a performance mod wouldnt you want to test it to see if indeed it works or not ?

not by going by butt dyno, if thats the case I can sell ITBs without doing dynos and im sure everyone would want to purchase a set ?

Dyno $25-35 dollar an hour.

2 pulls one with and without cost less then the JET product itself.

Im sure everyone else wants to see proven results on black and white.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Well I like how everyone jumps on something when it hasnt been back up, if your willing to spend money on a performance mod wouldnt you want to test it to see if indeed it works or not ?

not by going by butt dyno, if thats the case I can sell ITBs without doing dynos and im sure everyone would want to purchase a set ?

Dyno $25-35 dollar an hour.

2 pulls one with and without cost less then the JET product itself.

Im sure everyone else wants to see proven results on black and white.
I'm going in for tuning but my setup is different than most so no added value.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 PM

I think the interest is all about gains. Sure, your setup is pushing out more than anyone here... but if there are no gains, then that pretty much means this product is a gimmick.

Post up your results though!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
I think the interest is all about gains. Sure, your setup is pushing out more than anyone here... but if there are no gains, then that pretty much means this product is a gimmick.

Post up your results though!
My results would mean nothing to anyone since I have a modified tranny, motor, and the ability to tune

Gains will not be fully achieved without tuning. You will feel it at first and then your ECU will become your enemy. This MAF without a doubt does have a more aggressive feel but is not mapped to my tune! A Max that clears their ECU and installs this MAF will feel a distinct difference until your stock ECU learns how to manage it!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 AM

Im still waiting for mine to come in the mail, but one good thing im going to pick up my block off plate in 40 min. Yeah Buddy
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 AM

I have a CVT... a dyno will never be the same... I asked NAS to reset his ecu & let me know if his car is quick in low rpms or if its the same. Ill let you guys know. Ill see where I could get a few dyno runs & how much it'll be.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Chern let me swing by and slap the MAF in my car, run to the dyno and be back with the goods.

haha jk.

For real though keep it up.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 PM

shoot 25-35 for an hour dyno is real cheap. try 60-80 an hour here in Hawaii
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM

Next person who gets one, unplug your battery 15-30 minutes before installing this. Then go drive around. You will notice a little more get-up-and-go from just resetting the ECU.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen Jet MAF Sensor