6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Help me out guys PLEASE!!!..with kyb gr2's with Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Help me out guys PLEASE!!!..with kyb gr2's with Eibach Springs

i just installed new Kyb Gr2's struts/shocks with Eibach Springs. i did it by myself marked everything nd its the way it was before. but now im hearing a popping noise from front left side . i put the new mounts and the bearings too but its still there. it only does when i pull in driveway or when i turn more like making U turn. i wanted to take to the nissan dealers so see if they can fix it but i know they are charge me alot. so before i go there anyone here have picture of the set up or what it causing it. i took to me sears auto center they didnt even find out what the problem is. some alot me its cuz of its lowered and some cars cant be lowered i dont knw guys its really freakin me out. so i have to go back to my stock springs which i dont really wanna go back to..
Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 AM
KC's FINEST

WHAT THE SEARCH BUTTON IS FOR

Click the link
Old 11-21-2009, 02:04 PM

i did par its still doin it how can i find out if da endlinks are bad
Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Deep007
change it and see if the noise goes away....most likely it
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 PM

If it did not make that sound before, how do you know it's the endlinks? Something was missed during installation process. Springs not seated properly, bumpers, bolts not tightened to torque specs. Double and triple ck. everything.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 AM

hmm, good thing i found this thread because i'm having similar issues. i just had my progress/kyb installed this past friday and there's a popping noise on the driver side front tire whenever i'm doing a turn. everything is bolted tight...i shall check the endlinks now though. it's driving me crazy.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Guys make sure that there is a gap between then end of where the spring sits and the end on the plate of about .5 inches. Also I have installed extra rubber tubing covering the entire spring coil because as you know lowering springs are progressive and therefore the top coils are closer together. When your car goes over a bump they may move up and down wich may creat a bit of a poping noise. Sometimes that noise will go away after one week too just enough time to let the whole thing settle.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
Guys make sure that there is a gap between then end of where the spring sits and the end on the plate of about .5 inches. Also I have installed extra rubber tubing covering the entire spring coil because as you know lowering springs are progressive and therefore the top coils are closer together. When your car goes over a bump they may move up and down wich may creat a bit of a poping noise. Sometimes that noise will go away after one week too just enough time to let the whole thing settle.

do you any pictures of ur setup?..i think do i have to turn da bearing plate around? thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM
MadMax in The City

I had the similar problem when I installed my eibachs with oem struts. It turned out to be the plastic sleeves on the springs. They were not installed at the very top of the springs which would prevent metal to metal contacts. After that, never heard the sound again. Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 AM

oh wow...guess we all have the same problem....poppin noise from the driver side. I installed eibach pro-kit springs too and it makes that poppin sound when I pull out of my drive way and doing turns. It didnt make any sound till like a week later tho. So I pull out the driver side struts and redid and recheck my work. Everything was normal. So I install everything back and now it only makes that poppin sound when i pull out of my driveway. When I buy some new shocks and struts, Im going to take xorbitman and jamaxin97 advice to check those things out when installin the shocks and struts..
Old 12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

do you any pictures of ur setup?..i think do i have to turn da bearing plate around? thanks
Wrong Way:

Right Way:

Old 05-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

HELP!! Eibach issue

I am having the same issues. I had the eibach pro kit installed a couple months ago with OEM struts on my 06 maxima SE. I usually only drive this car after work and on the weekend and after a few days i noticed a popping noise coming from what i thought was the passenger's front, but it seems to be both sides now.

After talking to Eibach they sent me some pics of how it should be set up because there is a known issue with this setup. The pics are the same as xorbitman posted, but they told me the white marks should NOT line up so the bearing sits flat like the first picture shows, maybe the tech was wrong?!

I had the garage replace both strut bearing and verify the installation was correct, but same issue. I brought it to another garage and even after speaking with eibach they can't find any issues, but the noise is still there.

They are telling me it might be my struts, but I don't want to dish out the money if I don't need to. This car only has 34k on it!

I'm really getting frustrated as I haven't been able to drive this car on a regular basis because the noise has me worried.

xorbitman mentioned putting a plastic sleeve on the top of the spring, where can I get something like this?

I REALLY don't want to go back to stock springs, but if I have to I will.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon