6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

07-08 6.5 Front Lip.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
Just an update.. what I said before was a THOUGHT... I didn't say I am going to trade in my car... it was just a thought abt doing it.. just so ya know I'm keepin my 6.5 so I'm fully well still into this lip =)
Good to know dude.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by RAZ76
$33.50 is your down payment and subtracted from the total price, it's not a donation. You put this money down to purchase the materials necessry to make the lip and the balance of the money owed will be due at the end. 10 people are necessary for him to start making this. Someone backs out, we need to replace him or this gets put on hold. As long as 10 people will buy 10 lips at the end, that's what matters. If someone backs out and you want to buy 2 or 3 lips, then you can do that.

I do this for people that I paint stuff for. If I tell them that it will cost 150 to pain the front bumper. I expect 75 up front and 75 when Im done. Same here, except he is only charging to get the lip and bumper and get this going.
NO WAY!

With all due respect, when we were compiling the list, I did not see anything about this $33.50 being a DEPOSIT or a DOWN PAYMENT or COMMITMENT. And you guys use those words on a lip that we do not have a time frame of production?

Ask all the 10 members that contributed and let me see if I am the only one who got this wrong.

Question: Everyone that paid $33.50, is it a DEPOSIT, DOWN PAYMENT and a COMMITMENT to purchase the lip? Can the members on the list share their opinion?

Look at posting #274. 13LaZeN agreed with me because he had the same thought like me about the lip. Let the other people on the list chip in on whether they consider their payment of $33.50 as a COMMITMENT or a FREE WILL DONATION.

When I paid my $33.50, it was my wish to give my money for FREE to see a lip completed. Some people want to see the end product and would maybe buy a lip. Same for some of us who contributed. And if I like the end product, I will like a discount. BUT IF I AM NOT OFFERED THE DISCOUNT, I will not even raise an eyebrow to anybody.

So, my $33.50 is a free donation for the lip. So, if you do not share my idea, keep my name on the list, and give my money to anyboy who wants to commit. Yes, I said it. And when the lip is completed, and I wish to own one, do not extend the discount to me. PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME. Trust me.

I have money to contribute for a good cause like this. But I know I have not committed myself to buying the lip. I will make a decision when I see end product. And I will not depend on the discount to purchase the lip. But if I get the discount, good. If not, no qualms.

Looking forward to the completion of this lip.

And last question. Since you say it is a commitment, can you please be nice to tell the members how much they owe as balance? That way people would like to save for it. Or for someone like me, if I see the balance and would like to pay the money, I can start paying bit by bit into his account, like $40.00 or $50.00 every 2 weeks and would have paid it before completion of the lip.

Last edited by PetitFrereMaxima; 04-10-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cali
pretty much...the $33 is to get this going...the 10 people IS a commitment. once the lip has been modified and is ready to have the mold made, then i'll ask everybody to send another deposit, probably $100 or so; (mostly to make sure we still do have 10 people, e.g. the example above)

once the pieces are ready to ship i will ask for the balance and shipping. (sorry i can't do free shipping)
I appreciate you doing this lip for the group. But I have a question. Just trying to make sure I am not confused. Someone who wants to buy this lip has already paid $33.50. And then later, another deposit of $100.00. That is $133.50.

Can you tell us what the balance would be? Or are you going to be adjusting the the price according to production and materials needed and used? And if that is the case, can you give an approximate figure of how much the lip would be?

Would it finally cost (including the $33.50 so far) like $300 or more? And that is before shipping. I know shipping would differ depending on zip code. But I know cost of lip would not differ. So, I am asking only about cost of lip when completed. How much would it be?

So, if it is not much to ask, "What would be an approximate cost?" I am asking to find out if I should commit or not. For, right now, I am not committed to buying the lip. You can let someone take my money as his own commitment. I will not be mad. I know myself too well. I gave this as a free contribution to see the final lip. I consider it as I paid the money just to contribute to see a lip completed. If I am wrong, then use up the money for free. As that was my intention from the word go.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 AM

I wish i wouldve read this sooner.. im in as well....
Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM

Im not Cali but I think once he gets the lip and bumper, he will have a better idea on time frame. I've seen his GB before and they do not take long, definitely not a year, not even 6 months.
yea i know ur not cali raz. lol

Just an update.. what I said before was a THOUGHT... I didn't say I am going to trade in my car... it was just a thought abt doing it.. just so ya know I'm keepin my 6.5 so I'm fully well still into this lip =)
sorry if u took it the wrong way i was just asking. glad to hear ur not trading it in though
Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 PM

09 lip looks nice! i want it
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 PM

1. Raz76
2. slvrmax7
3. maxima07
4. BOOTZ
5. maxed_out_saloon
6. lblackonblackl
7. Coldmaxima
8. hero782
9. I3LaZeN
10. nyana107
11. slmax07
12. PetitFrereMaxima
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 AM

Ya im agreeing with petitfreremax... puttin down 33.50 shouldnt be a COMMITMENT to buyin the lip cuz none of us know what it looks like.

Thats like payin the dealership 5gz for the 2015 maxima n the 5gz means you HAVE TO buy it..

The 33.50 should be a contribution/donation to get this lip done & after its completed.. whoever wants 1 can buy 1.

There's no incentive at all for the first 10/12 ppl who contributed $$ to get this done is there? If you look at every group deal ever posted ... the first w.e amt gets a deal over every1 else who buys it later.. is this not gunna be the case for this lip?

Trust me i want a lip for my 6.5 gen but i aint committing my self to getting it once its completed cuz i have no idea how it'll look. Also what material will it be in & will it be primered, painted, flat black, etc?

Anyway.. where do we stand right now? Does cali have the bumper and lip already?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 AM

I'm 99% sure I will be purchasing this lip, what other lip would I choose from!?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM

This is a forum GB, you didn't enter a legal document that Cali is going to sue you if you don't buy this lip. Everyone needs to chill and by everyone I mean petitfreremax, always jumping the damn gun. Of course that you wont be blind folded until 267 is collected, use your heads guys. Once all 33.50 is collected, he will get the lip and bumper. Mold the lip and show us how it looks. If we like it, he will produce and rest of the cash will be collected. What's the problem???
Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

body kit for sale

if anyone is interested i have a body kit for sale. its for a 2004-2006 nissan maxima. its made by stillen. i live in the Bronx Ny so is for pick up only, anyquestions hit me up. later
STILLEN Maxima Body Kits & Aero Components
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dpuntier
if anyone is interested i have a body kit for sale. its for a 2004-2006 nissan maxima. its made by stillen. i live in the Bronx Ny so is for pick up only, anyquestions hit me up. later
This is not the FS thread buddy.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by dpuntier
This is not the FS thread buddy.
Nor is this a thread for 04-06 dpuntier.. post in the right section.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 AM

This is a forum GB, you didn't enter a legal document that Cali is going to sue you if you don't buy this lip. Everyone needs to chill and by everyone I mean petitfreremax, always jumping the damn gun. Of course that you wont be blind folded until 267 is collected, use your heads guys. Once all 33.50 is collected, he will get the lip and bumper. Mold the lip and show us how it looks. If we like it, he will produce and rest of the cash will be collected. What's the problem???
i have to agree with wat raz said. guys this isnt rocket science when it comes to contributing the 33.50. when the lip is done and u dont like it then dont buy it that plain and simple. and if u dont buy it then u still comtributed to a good cause. lol
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
SHIFT_my stick

couldnt agree more
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM

payment sent
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM

has every1 paid already?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Everyone should chill is definitely what I guess everyone is doing. And this is a forum and we do not expect Cali to sue anyone who backs out. But just because he cannot sue us, does not give us the right to come here and joke and say, "I will buy the lip", and then back out when lip is completed. That would be frustrating to a hardworking man like Cali, I am sure.

When Cali dedicates his time and effort to mold and make something beautiful and know he has a ready market of buyers, but some back out at completion of the project, though he may not be able to sue, he would not be happy. And people's reputation would be hurt! So, though this is just a forum, we still want to believe and trust each others words. So, if anybody says something, we know it to be true to the best of our knowledge and we take it seriously. This is how we build reputation on this anonymous place as the forum.

So, if you say you will buy the lip, great! If slvmax7 says he is 99% sure to buy the lip, great too. You guys motivate people.

This is the process that I have thought of already. If you can collaborate with Cali and adjust these steps for me, maybe it will help some us who are looking forward to the completion of this lip.

(1) Collect money from all SERIOUSLY INTERESTED BUYERS and VOLUNTEERS who donated.

(2) Purchase lip and bumper. Which to my understanding is just one lip and one bumper.

(3) Mold the lip and show us how it looks. If we like it, he will produce the lip.

(4) ........ (I don't know), ..... Is it collecting the rest of the cash from SERIOUSLY INTERESTED BUYERS?

So, from these steps, we know he is working with just one lip. And step 3 is the most important where you yourself agree "if we like it, he will produce the lip."
Old 04-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by maxed_out_saloon
i have to agree with wat raz said. guys this isnt rocket science when it comes to contributing the 33.50. when the lip is done and u dont like it then dont buy it that plain and simple. and if u dont buy it then u still comtributed to a good cause. lol

Maxed_out_saloon, while it is good to know you agree with Raz76. If you have a look at his posting on #276, you will see he states this is a DOWN PAYMENT! Which we all know, a down payment is a commitment to buy something. And if we respect each others words, that means you really do not have a choice. It is basically a mutual agreement stating if we do not like the lip, sadly, we still have to pay for it because we already committed to paying for the lip. But I do not agree with that. That is why I have posted all these postings. I agree with him now changing his mind and saying when it is completed, if you like it buy it.

So, what do you agree with? He said first, everybody who contributed is committed, for the $33.50 is your down payment(Post #276)! (That is what I do not agree with. Do you agree with that?) Now he says when it is completed, if you do not like it, do not buy it.

It would have been good for you to address his posting #276, before agreeing with this posting #290, which I do agree with too. So, me and, I am sure, 13LaZeN agrees with this his posting (#290). So, you are joining us to agree with him, for truly, it is not rocket science. But it is when they tell you, you are committed to something you know you are not committed to.

Now, back to the lip. We are waiting for everyone to take their time and make their payments so that production can begin... Thanks again to Raz76 and Cali, and all contributing to see a 6thgen lip produced.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 PM

You bad mouth me and then thank me,,,,wtf is wrong with you??? Are you on ****ing meds??? Im tired of your complaining, seriously. Just shut up dude, for real. Yes it's a down payment because it's part of the final price but nothing else. Even if I say it's a commitment, does that mean that you must not gas up your ride to pay for this?? No it doesn't, you don't like, you don't buy.....fooooockkkk!!!! I don't know why you continue talking when this is not even your deal, you are like everyone else, a buyer. Myself and Cali are the ones doing this so just STFU!!! You are worst then a woman. I don't know about everyone else but Im getting a headache reading your posts. Im about to just refund your cash just so I don't hear your whining anymore. Can you do that, just shut up until this lip is done?? Or I can just talk to Noel and have him refund your cash and I'll pay for both spots and you can go on your merry way. Im starting to regret doing this because of you. When did you say you are coming to Oklahoma City???

Last edited by RAZ76; 04-12-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 PM

RAZ calm down. thats no way to treat anyone that is trying to help out. Just relax man. all he is doing is reitirrating the steps.. He just keeps saying that the up front money is a down-payment more than a contribution, whereas it is both. lets all just understand that.

now, whoever hasnt sent their contribution/down payment in, get it in so this can get rolling.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:38 PM

Don't tell me to calm down, this ahole has been the only one to constantly talk out of his a$$ when everyone is just chilling patiently, that's what he should be doing. He's not helping, he's complaining and don't talk to him like what??? I'v had enough of his whining, sorry. Im actually pretty nice to him right now. Im very close to just say fock it! At this point, there's nothing further to discuss. Everyone needs to wait until this lip is done.

Last edited by RAZ76; 04-12-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 PM

then just take it as him bumping the thread. Either way, he is helping out. so just chill man. no need to get so angry.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Im not angry, just feed up with his insecurities.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM

lol. i can understand that. lets just do our best ot try to keep it civil. cool?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Raz76, from your choice of words and my choice of words, all it tells me is that we have different personalities, but drive the same type of car.

Nismo4life07, nice of you. We should always be civil towards each other.

Well, this is a forum. And if I choose to contribute, I will. But if I use foul language against you or anyone else, please, ask the moderator to band me. Which I know too well not to use obscene language on here. For mutual respect and show of maturity.

Oh, about Oklahoma, I am coming to the grand meeting. If you choose to meet me, it will be my pleasure. We live in a free country, don't we? America was built on freedom of speech. If you look at the history of our country, you will see very many examples of how great people used words, not foul language or violence, to pass their points or messages across.

Raz76, As long as I deem it necessary to comment in a thread, I will. And if I choose to commend you on a good job, I will. But, I will not hesitate to let you know if I have a different opinion from yours.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Im out guys, this guy just wont shut up and Im very annoyed with him. Since he is so helpful, Im sure he will have no problems running the show. So here is your new list, still have enough to get this going. I really don't care anymore, I want to help but when you have an a$$ bag like this guy questioning every move, it's annoying and very hard to continue trying to help. This GB was simple and he turned it in to a circus.33.50 down, get bumper, lip. Make the lip fit, like yes/no, make lip collect 100 more, make the lip, collect the balance and ship. This Fock stick couldn't wait patiently like everyone else, wanted to feel so damn important, well here you go. Get-r-done.

1. PetitFrereMaxima
2. slvrmax7
3. maxima07
4. BOOTZ
5. maxed_out_saloon
6. lblackonblackl
7. Coldmaxima
8. hero782
9. I3LaZeN
10. nyana107
11. slmax07
Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 PM

new update:
still waiting on 2 more people.

1) i3lazen=$33.50
2) maxima07=$33.50
3) hero782=$33.50
4) maxed_out_saloon=$33.50
5) slvrmax7=$33.50
6) BOOTZ=$33.50
7) PetitFrereMaxima= $33.50
8 )Nyana107 =$33.50
9)
10)

guys, this is really simply...$33.50 from 10 people allows me to buy a bumper (since there is no one local whose car i can use) and a donor lip to mod.

now, yes, it is down payment of sorts...by receiving the $33.50 it tell me at least that you're planning to buy the final product...im not gonna put something out that looks like crap and expect people to buy it simply because i already collected some cash from some people...that's just silly.

hell, if you simply dont want to buy it anymore, that's your choice. it's the internet guys, i cant make anybody do anything. however, here is the problem:

after the prototype is done, i still NEED 10 buyers (which is why i would then collect an additional $100 from each person. the cost of producing the mold, etc is really the costly part. if i dont collect the 10 people, then this group buy wont go anywhere and i imagine the people who really wanted it from the beginning would be upset with those who changed their mind, causing everybody to lose their initial investment of $33.50 (which would be a sunk cost by then).

obviously those who sent the $100 would get that back.

not sure what else to say it's as simple as it gets.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 AM

Just out of curiosity, I know we all chose the altima lip instead of the mugen and it might be to late to change gears. But, Wouldnt it'll be cheaper route if we went with the mugen lip instead? Aren't you guys tired of people telling you, wow nice altima you got there. Getting the altima lip is not gonna help change that cause! Let's go mugen! :-p
Old 04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey quick question guys its not front lip related but yeah, would a 2007 -2008 spoiler with led stop light fit a 2006 nissan maxima? thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Saini187
hey quick question guys its not front lip related but yeah, would a 2007 -2008 spoiler with led stop light fit a 2006 nissan maxima? thanks!
Come on man we don't need that in this thread, but to answer your question..YES, I have done this already like so many other 04-06 maximas.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:11 PM
SHIFT_my stick

lol...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 AM

Cali, thanks for not backing out on us!

Who are we waiting on to get this rolling?

Can we get him the rest of this money so we get this thing rolling!!

Having this on before summer is over would be nice!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by nyana107
Just out of curiosity, I know we all chose the altima lip instead of the mugen and it might be to late to change gears. But, Wouldnt it'll be cheaper route if we went with the mugen lip instead? Aren't you guys tired of people telling you, wow nice altima you got there. Getting the altima lip is not gonna help change that cause! Let's go mugen! :-p
Im down for the Mugen lip.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:14 PM

I prefer the 09 lip over the mugen but it doesnt really matter as long as it looks good. Need to get this going.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM

So I guess we're waiting on Coldmaxima and lblackonblackl??
Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM

raz get back on the list man.. chill.... lets get this poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just order the bumper & the lip man...2 ppl = 67$ throwing it down and you'll get it when they pay. Hopefully u already got both items.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 PM

raz get back on the list man.. chill.... lets get this poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just order the bumper & the lip man...2 ppl = 67$ throwing it down and you'll get it when they pay. Hopefully u already got both items.
Never went anywhere..lmao, I was just talking out of my ***.. I'll send mine soon.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:50 AM

just sent money... we should be close now!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:43 PM

come on guys 1 more person and we get this lip going

Quick Reply: 07-08 6.5 Front Lip.