6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

o2 simulator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 PM

o2 simulator?

I have an 04 se and was curious which o2 sims are recomended for my car? Also, what is the install like?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by jay3250
I have an 04 se and was curious which o2 sims are recomended for my car? Also, what is the install like?
Thanks
Never could get them working with my '04. Hacking the wiring harness is a bad idea IMO... I know from experience.

You may want to consider non-foulers/spacers. I actually have a few different types that may work for you... if you're doing what I think you're doing...

But keep in mind, these will not work for your primary a/f sensors in the header manifolds. Those need to be in the exhaust stream. These are strictly for your secondary o2 sensors that would go in the y-pipe etc.

That's a picture of the two different kinds I have. I have a pair of each. Either set would work.

What these do is keep your o2 sensors spaced far enough away from the exhaust stream, thus tricking your ECU into thinking you have secondary cats that are working. There should be no need for splicing/soldering into your harness... that can potentially be very costly if anything bad happens.

PM me... I'll get back to you later today (Friday)...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 AM

Basically Oolatec, I am going to give these racingline guys(Joe) until next week eith their precat project and if I dont hear from them then I am going to fix my car myself. By that I mean hollow out the second cat and treat it like a header install. I was asked by racingline 2 months ago to be involved in the testing of their precat project( I agreed) via the automatic transmission. Since then it has been like pulling teeth to get any info out of these guys. Keep in mind that I am not driving my car, just waiting for parts instead.I had made up my mind that I was going to go with their precats and their ypipe and maybe a grounding kit and traction rod setup( all recingline parts)......However like I previously stated I cant even get these guys to respond to my emails this week and Ive about had it. I cant believe that this company does not want my business(maybe they do but I have not heard from them after numerous emails this week) so I will wait until next week and if I dont hear from them then I guess I will be buying parts from a diff. company. like cattman and finally getting my car fixed. Is the spacer idea for the secondary o2 sensors a better idea than using simulators? Where do you get sims and how much do they cost? I mean no disrespect to racingline performance, just that their customer service could use a little help in my particular case. I would still like to use their parts just cant get ahold of them.
Thanks,
Jay

Originally Posted by Oolatec
Never could get them working with my '04. Hacking the wiring harness is a bad idea IMO... I know from experience.

You may want to consider non-foulers/spacers. I actually have a few different types that may work for you... if you're doing what I think you're doing...

But keep in mind, these will not work for your primary a/f sensors in the header manifolds. Those need to be in the exhaust stream. These are strictly for your secondary o2 sensors that would go in the y-pipe etc.

That's a picture of the two different kinds I have. I have a pair of each. Either set would work.

What these do is keep your o2 sensors spaced far enough away from the exhaust stream, thus tricking your ECU into thinking you have secondary cats that are working. There should be no need for splicing/soldering into your harness... that can potentially be very costly if anything bad happens.

PM me... I'll get back to you later today (Friday)...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 AM

Hmmm... I may be willing to ship you the header cats... they are very heavy, so I'm not sure how much shipping would be. Hopefully Joe gets back to you though. Not sure what's going on. I've never had a problem with them. Good luck with that!

Spacers for the secondary o2s is DEFINITELY a better idea. Cutting up your wiring harness is too risky IMO. So many things can go wrong, and bam... you're out several hundred dollars, or more for a new harness/ECU etc.

These o2 spacers are easy, and they work 95% of the time. Just screw them into the o2 bungs, and screw in your o2 sensors. That's it. Easy peezy.