6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Lets make nissan accountable for the crappy transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Lets make nissan accountable for the crappy transmission.

This problem has gone to far without Nissan acknowledging it.

1. File a complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs IMMEDIATELY 800-647-7261. They will probably deny your request for help, but it is imperative that these issues be documented. First I was told that they were not aware of an issue. Then I was told that they have not had enough complaints to address to address the issue.

2. File a complaint with the NTSB immediately http://www.ntsb.gov/. If Nissan will not take action on it's own, with enough complaints the government will force them to do so.

3. File a complaint with the www.bbb.org/

If there are enough complaints filed, eventually someone will listen and take action.

I got this from this site:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...#ixzz131bGLWEq

someone posted the number and links so im just passing the information along, ultimately it is up to you if you want to file or not, but if you have time to post in this forums and do as much research as most of us have done on this tranny thing, you should have time to file a simple complaint.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 PM

I don't owne My 04 Maxima anymore But I've been a member of this forum for over five years and I've heard the storys regarding the transmissions failing not to mention the timing chains something should be done
Old 10-21-2010, 07:34 PM

We are working on it, check this link:

http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...n-lawsuit.html

On 10/18/2010, a law firm that specializes in class actions suits gave us hope for a case. We'll see what happens, but at least we have taken the first step. FYI, this firm is in the middle of suing BMW and BMW, apparently in the meantime, improved the warranty on the faulty parts. Hopefully we will have a similar outcome.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:37 PM

I wish yall luck on the cause.....I've heard of too many people that have issues with their trannies.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
I wish yall luck on the cause.....I've heard of too many people that have issues with their trannies.
This is one of the reasons why I bought an extended warranty that does cover engine or transmission failure. These 6th gen Maximas are not built like the 5th gen. My 5th gen was solid up to the time I sold it at 130k+. At 54k no issues yet with the 06, but I am watching and waiting and looking for these early warning signs of possible problems down the road based on what other org members have experienced. When the extended warranty is near the end I will probably think about getting rid of the car, but for now I have plenty of time to think about that. However I do agree that Nissan so do something about these transmission problems so many people have having or at the very least extend the warranty. Not every one has an extended warranty and they have to pay big $$ for repairs.

Last edited by Redstone; 10-24-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Lets do this guys...i have the same problem with my 04 max...i keep this car clean and well maintained for something like this to happen at only 45000 miles...it suxxxx...im doing my part, please do urs n lets c what happens...
Manny reporting from Jersey, GWB area. 1