6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

3rd Party Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM

3rd Party Warranty

ok so i been doing some research on cost and coverage so far i got 3 companies which was recommended to me, one which was giving to use from the dealership called Diamond Warranty Corp, the second is called Wynn's which was recommended to me by a local dealership and they also give me recommendation for Interstate National Dealers Services aka WarrantyDirect.com

Now my question is have ANYONE heard or have contract with these guys? am searching for a 3rd party company that is not shaddy, i live NYC btw so am open for options. my car have 87000 miles on it btw, thanks for the help in advance

am a newguy take it easy on me :P
Old 05-06-2011, 01:15 PM
oem ftw!

I bought my car with a Wynn's warranty. They paid for my 1st transmission rebuild, but wanted nothing to do with the transmission after that. Basically, I had my axles replaced a couple of months after the rebuild, and afterwards, the transmission began to act up again. Wynn's refused to even listen to my problem, because they said that it was caused by the new axles (the pictures that they took in their 'inspection' did not match the second inspection, because there were new axles installed).

Never used them for any other repair since I've had the car. Thinking of getting the tensioner whine issue fixed, and will likely see if i can get them to pay it. From what I understand, I can take the car to any licensed repair facility (such as the dealership) and have Wynn's take the bill. How easy of a process will that be? I'm predicting that it will be a long, painful one, and I will probably be better off eating the bill on my own rather than dealing with the warranty headache.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by CRiME
I bought my car with a Wynn's warranty. They paid for my 1st transmission rebuild, but wanted nothing to do with the transmission after that. Basically, I had my axles replaced a couple of months after the rebuild, and afterwards, the transmission began to act up again. Wynn's refused to even listen to my problem, because they said that it was caused by the new axles (the pictures that they took in their 'inspection' did not match the second inspection, because there were new axles installed).

Never used them for any other repair since I've had the car. Thinking of getting the tensioner whine issue fixed, and will likely see if i can get them to pay it. From what I understand, I can take the car to any licensed repair facility (such as the dealership) and have Wynn's take the bill. How easy of a process will that be? I'm predicting that it will be a long, painful one, and I will probably be better off eating the bill on my own rather than dealing with the warranty headache.
Hhmm i will look into to the 2 other possible ones, so far diamond warranty seems promising
Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello I also live in NYC. I have also heard of the wynn one. A dealership in Brooklyn on Pennsylvania ave was offering it to me. I really do have any good advice for you but to say to have a good warranty is good. I bought my 04 max used and have put a lot of money into it so far. I am also looking for a warranty right now myself. The only reason I don't want to get a warranty is because of all the problems the previous post states. Is all the hard time they give you worth it? I had to change a throttle body in my car. Got a tune up, changed brake pads, changed a motor mount, and tranny flush. So far I spent about 2000. I walked into a tranny rebuild spot yesterday just to price how much I might have to spend if something went wrong with mines. They told me around 1500 and all jobs come with a 6 month warranty. So I don't know what to do. Doesn't sound that bad but keep us posted on if you get a warranty and if its a good one because I might get one to.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi I live in NYC and have Warranty direct. They are ok they paid for my tranny rebuild to replace the Valve body on my 06 max. The thing I don't like about them is customer service borders rude. Before any repair is done you need to provide them with computer printed receipts of 3-4 months of oil changes done at 4000 miles. My problem is I go to a friends shop that does hand written receipts. The work also needs to be done at a place that does hand written receipts. So you put your car in the shop the shop calls them you send your records over to them. The next day they send someone the look at the car to approve the work. After approval is done then the shop can start working on your car. After the work is done they come back again to see what was done and inspect the broken parts. At this point they can still deny coverage. After they give the ok then you get your car back. So for example the shop that rebuilt my tranny took 2 days to get the parts and do the work. Warranty direct prolonged everything for 3 days.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Killiandw
Hi I live in NYC and have Warranty direct. They are ok they paid for my tranny rebuild to replace the Valve body on my 06 max. The thing I don't like about them is customer service borders rude. Before any repair is done you need to provide them with computer printed receipts of 3-4 months of oil changes done at 4000 miles. My problem is I go to a friends shop that does hand written receipts. The work also needs to be done at a place that does hand written receipts. So you put your car in the shop the shop calls them you send your records over to them. The next day they send someone the look at the car to approve the work. After approval is done then the shop can start working on your car. After the work is done they come back again to see what was done and inspect the broken parts. At this point they can still deny coverage. After they give the ok then you get your car back. So for example the shop that rebuilt my tranny took 2 days to get the parts and do the work. Warranty direct prolonged everything for 3 days.
oh wow, i got the best quote from them but it was a bit too pricey and wasnt gonna last that long, they wanted something like close to 2k bucks for 100,000 milesage or 2 years, which ever comes first, our car already got 87.2k miles on it, in my opinion that was a bit too pricey and expensive.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM

The thing about extended warranties that scares me is what if the mechanic does all the work and they don't approve the fix. Then you are out a fortune. I'm in this situation right now with the tensioner whine. I wish there was some way to know for sure that the tensioners would be all eaten up once they tear the engine down, but there isn't and it's a $1500 fix. That's why these warranties aren't worth the money.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't know about the 3rd party warranties. Sounds risky.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by awreadie
I don't know about the 3rd party warranties. Sounds risky.
it is and thats why i want other inputs before i jump into one, cause they not cheap either
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You should ask a Nissan dealer you trust which 3rd party warranties they accept and which they consider best before you act. This assumes you want Nissan to do the work. If you prefer an independent shop that you trust to do the repairs, ask them the same question. Many shops/dealerships won't accept more than a few 3rd party insurers.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by lobewiper
You should ask a Nissan dealer you trust which 3rd party warranties they accept and which they consider best before you act. This assumes you want Nissan to do the work. If you prefer an independent shop that you trust to do the repairs, ask them the same question. Many shops/dealerships won't accept more than a few 3rd party insurers.
i did and they gave me 2, but one was kinda pricey and not worth it IMO, dunno and i have yet to get the time to call the other company.