6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Best Satellite radio aux/usb adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM

Best Satellite radio aux/usb adapter?

Just bought my second maxima, an '05 Maxima SL with 121k without bose/navigation, are there any kits that add usb/mp3 functionality? Or just an auxilliary input?

Are the FM adapters better? I'd like to avoid a whole new aftermarket stereo if I can just get aux in

Recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited by filthysanchez09; 05-21-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
4 Maximas and counting

At the time that I made a change in my 2005, I couldn't find something like that. I ended up replacing the Bose (no nav) with an aftermarket head unit, and over all, I regret it.

I have bluetooth (which was the #1 priority) and can play MP3s via USB and have iPod access, but the radio is terrible, and HD radio is incredibly hard to tune on that model (in Philly at least). I think that I'm going to put the Bose back in, use something like a Parrot for bluetooth, and give up MP3/iPod access.

I did find a solution for my wife's 2006 Honda Accord at this site : www.pac-audio.com
There are more Maxima solutions now, but I haven't sorted through them yet. There may be something there now.

Originally Posted by filthysanchez09
Just bought my second maxima, an '05 Maxima SL with 121k without bose/navigation, are there any kits that add usb/mp3 functionality? Or just an auxilliary input?

Are the FM adapters better? I'd like to avoid a whole new aftermarket stereo if I can just get aux in

Recommendations are appreciated.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM
4 Maximas and counting

Did a bit of a search in the forum. Another site to investigate:

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=4153

Originally Posted by philpoe
At the time that I made a change in my 2005, I couldn't find something like that. I ended up replacing the Bose (no nav) with an aftermarket head unit, and over all, I regret it.

I have bluetooth (which was the #1 priority) and can play MP3s via USB and have iPod access, but the radio is terrible, and HD radio is incredibly hard to tune on that model (in Philly at least). I think that I'm going to put the Bose back in, use something like a Parrot for bluetooth, and give up MP3/iPod access.

I did find a solution for my wife's 2006 Honda Accord at this site : www.pac-audio.com
There are more Maxima solutions now, but I haven't sorted through them yet. There may be something there now.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm about to go with a GROM in mine. It plugs directly into the satellite/AUX port in the back of the factory radio which came in 05-08 maximas and *some* 2004 models. You can plug your phone or a USB drive/External hard drive to it with all the MP3's it can hold. You can also add optional bluetooth to it as well.

I had one in my grand cherokee a few years back with the add on bluetooth and I loved it. Worked perfect with iphone or droid or a little flash drive and the bluetooth was very clear.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html