6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

A/C leak inside the car

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM

A/C leak inside the car

Hey guys I need some help with my weekend project, My A/C clutch took a dump last November. I recently replaced the compressor and I got cold A/C again. The problem I'm having is what I think is condensation off the A/C is coming into my car instead of draining out through the firewall. Has anyone else had this issue,I tried searching and didnt see anything on the forum. I did see some other vehicles that had the same issue the had a drain tube that was clogged at the firewall. Now I didnt have A/C all winter and spring so it could be clogged but from I can see on the firewall I cant find a drain tube or hole that would drain this water. The leak is coming through on the passenger side floor board from like right behind where the radio sits. If anyone has an ideas or has had this issue before please offer some advice on a good solution.

Thanks in advance Jason
Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same thing happened to mine.. its a small tube that leads from behind the radio to a hole on the floor.. problem is that its flimsy and short so any nudge and it knocks it out of place. I solved this by putting a small clamp and also ran additional rubber hose to the outside of the car that way I know its going out. I had to remove the carpet because my car was all moldy on the bottom, so I took off all the insulation because of it. maybe later I will replace the carpet. It was an all day job
Old 06-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by royal maxima
Same thing happened to mine.. its a small tube that leads from behind the radio to a hole on the floor.. problem is that its flimsy and short so any nudge and it knocks it out of place. I solved this by putting a small clamp and also ran additional rubber hose to the outside of the car that way I know its going out. I had to remove the carpet because my car was all moldy on the bottom, so I took off all the insulation because of it. maybe later I will replace the carpet. It was an all day job
Thanks Royal Maxima I'll have to take a look at this tomorrow, so you were able to access this hose from just pulling out the radio? I won't have to remove the dash?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jperez77
Thanks Royal Maxima I'll have to take a look at this tomorrow, so you were able to access this hose from just pulling out the radio? I won't have to remove the dash?
Nope, nothing with dash. The only thing you need to take off is the panel on the passenger side, in the footwell. Behind there is where you can access the line.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry for late reply
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by royal maxima
Sorry for late reply
No problem I got it looked at this weekend, had a bunch of leaves and trash in the hose so it was stopped up. I pushed a wire hanger through it then blew some water through the tube. Finally secured the hose with a zip tie.