6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Allow myself to introduce...my self

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM

Allow myself to introduce...my self

Good afternoon Maxima.org. I come to you as a new to me Maxima owner, my first Maxima, first Nissan. I picked up an '07 SE with 70k on it, service history and the like. No problems as of yet so just introducing my self and the car in question. The p.o. was a bit of an audiophile so the entire car is covered in a dynamat type material, has been lowered maybe .5", I haven't taken the wheels off yet to see what they are but a quick glance through the wheels shows me a light grey spring, full tint, aftermarket wheels that I'm still not sure that I like yet, normally not my style but they'll do for the time being, also has a billet upper and lower grill, again, not really my style so I'm on the look out for a Nismo grill.

A little about me I guess. I have a 2000 BMW 528iT right now that has been my pride and joy but it's getting a little long in the tooth so it's been sold. I've been a German car guy for a long time, but I'm getting older (36), have a family, soon to be wife has an Accord, two kids...blah blah blah. I needed something reliable,my BMW feels like I'm driving a time bomb. I feel like everytime I'm in it, it could break down on me. I've had 5 Jettas, last of which was APR Stage 2 tuned, 6 speed, APR exhaust, Carbonio, H&R coilovers and so forth and so on. Also had an '02 Passat W8 which was wrecked after 3 days. I hope to be an informative member on this board as well as learn everything possible from you guys.

On to the pics, these are all dealer pics as I've not had a chance to snap my own.

Last edited by evertoconquer; 10-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Very nice pick up man. Good luck with it. Do you have any other plans for it?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM
oem ftw!

Looks pretty clean! Welcome to the site, this is a very informative place where you will learn just about everything about your car.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:28 PM

Welcome, see you got an injen intake as well. with all the other stuff that is a real good find. you may know this but be sure and look up lowering. you could run into issues there. pretty good info in it over at my6thgen.com
Old 09-15-2013, 10:11 PM

This car looks just like one I have seen rolling around here in Washington. Very clean, those wheels need to go. I wouldn't even roll with those in the winter. Track..... maybe... welcome to the org non the less.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by chris85487
Very nice pick up man. Good luck with it. Do you have any other plans for it?
Thanks. I'm not liking the wheels too much so probably that will be the first thing to go after I change the grill to something better.

Originally Posted by CRiME
Looks pretty clean! Welcome to the site, this is a very informative place where you will learn just about everything about your car.
Thank you

Originally Posted by incubus0111
Welcome, see you got an injen intake as well. with all the other stuff that is a real good find. you may know this but be sure and look up lowering. you could run into issues there. pretty good info in it over at my6thgen.com
I wasn't sure about the intake, I've never had a true CAI before, these things were frowned upon in the BMW world. I am worried about driving in the rain but it looks like it has a bypass on it so no water will be suked into the intake.

Originally Posted by po8pimp
This car looks just like one I have seen rolling around here in Washington. Very clean, those wheels need to go. I wouldn't even roll with those in the winter. Track..... maybe... welcome to the org non the less.
The carfax shows it being registered in Billings, Montana for the majority of it's life, all service was done at the dealership there, then I bought it, so might be a different car. The wheels aren't my favorite for sure, but they'll do for the time being.

I had actually considered buying a Camry before this car came along but the interiors on those are so boring, plus I could only find 4 cyl SE models and they are just slow as *****. Plus, the people over at ToyotaNation have 0 sense of style, I hope and pray that this forum has style.

Last edited by evertoconquer; 09-16-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 AM

Welcome. You will find a lot of useful info here. Enjoy your Maxima and your time spend on the forum.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Why don't the bmw guys like CAI's? You will be fine in the rain. It's standing water you have to worry about. Don't let the filter get fully submerged. Injen sells these lil hydro shields you can buy.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM

Nice car. Funny, I got onto a Maxima for similar reasons. We just had a baby and married, and old, and yea, you get it! We've had our Max for 6 months now and we love it.

Good choice and welcome. It's a pretty cool place and as stated, there are a lot of helpful and knowledgable people around here. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Why don't the bmw guys like CAI's? You will be fine in the rain. It's standing water you have to worry about. Don't let the filter get fully submerged. Injen sells these lil hydro shields you can buy.
I've seen Dyno sheets of before and after CAI Installs, there's a power loss after the CAIs have been installed, didn't really matter which brand was installed. I'll have to look into the shields, thanks for the recommendation.

Originally Posted by TexasTex
Nice car. Funny, I got onto a Maxima for similar reasons. We just had a baby and married, and old, and yea, you get it! We've had our Max for 6 months now and we love it.

Good choice and welcome. It's a pretty cool place and as stated, there are a lot of helpful and knowledgable people around here. Good luck.
Thanks
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by evertoconquer
I've seen Dyno sheets of before and after CAI Installs, there's a power loss after the CAIs have been installed, didn't really matter which brand was installed. I'll have to look into the shields, thanks for the recommendation.
Yes there is a low end power loss. There is also a mid-top end gain. I can tell you for sure that it is there. After driving my neighbor's stock 08 maxima i will take an intake any day.

have you been over to my6thden yet?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:51 AM

Well, I was speaking more of the BMW side of things. I drove a stock 6 speed Maxima while I was waiting on my car to be cleaned at the dealership and I can notice a difference in the two so yeah, I get it on these cars.

I've cruised my6th a little, haven't signed up as of yet though.

On a side note. Does the kaptcha box ever go away? Do I have to have so many posts to where it recognizes me so I don't have to put a phrase in to post? That's annoying as hell, lol.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by evertoconquer
Well, I was speaking more of the BMW side of things. I drove a stock 6 speed Maxima while I was waiting on my car to be cleaned at the dealership and I can notice a difference in the two so yeah, I get it on these cars.

I've cruised my6th a little, haven't signed up as of yet though.

On a side note. Does the kaptcha box ever go away? Do I have to have so many posts to where it recognizes me so I don't have to put a phrase in to post? That's annoying as hell, lol.
I think it goes away after you have posted so many times. Might want to ask that in the General Section of the Forums.

As far as a CAI being added to a BMW. Some don't do it because of the noise. The Gains and losses are as mentioned. CAI are designed for mid-high end gains and Low end loss. The reason it is more noticeable in the Maxima is because a lot of the power is low end on this car. BMWs are tuned more for mid-high end. Dynos typically look for power curves in the mid range. BMWs probably wouldn't see gains until high end. If they where boosted, then they would see the difference sooner. The only reason to get one with a Naturally Aspirated BMW would be for looks and sound unless they where boosted.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM

you gota peek my6thgen.0rg man, some beyond fresh 6th gens *eddymaxx*. and welcome to the org!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:05 PM

Are they.....BEYOND FRESH?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
I think it goes away after you have posted so many times. Might want to ask that in the General Section of the Forums.

As far as a CAI being added to a BMW. Some don't do it because of the noise. The Gains and losses are as mentioned. CAI are designed for mid-high end gains and Low end loss. The reason it is more noticeable in the Maxima is because a lot of the power is low end on this car. BMWs are tuned more for mid-high end. Dynos typically look for power curves in the mid range. BMWs probably wouldn't see gains until high end. If they where boosted, then they would see the difference sooner. The only reason to get one with a Naturally Aspirated BMW would be for looks and sound unless they where boosted.
I think most BMW guys are purists in the most **** retentive form imaginable, at least the older chassis people anyway, i.e...e28, e34, e39. Getting a CAI, running chrome wheels, blah blah blah was frowned upon because you know, it's the ultimate driving machine.

Originally Posted by steezmuffin686
you gota peek my6thgen.0rg man, some beyond fresh 6th gens *eddymaxx*. and welcome to the org!
Thanks for the funky phresh welcome yo!

amidoinitright?

Originally Posted by TexasTex
Are they.....BEYOND FRESH?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 AM

Clean..!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Clean..!
Thanks, the wheels have grown on me a little, the grill...not so much. I would like to lower it just a little more, maybe have just a fingers width of gap.

Btw, I signed up over at my6thgen, copy/paste, lol.