6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima/Altima confusing annoying

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Maxima/Altima confusing annoying

I'm outside cutting my grass and the kid across the street comes up to me and goes ha now what sucka my mom has your car. I go I didn't know I had a Altima he goes yeah same car as yours dummy so I opened the garage and he saw the back of mine points and goes oh I thought mine was that one yours is a Maxima.

Name:  Untitled_zpsf82cfc45.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  602043_161021630756278_712240275_n1_zps6a60fbae.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  62.7 KB
Then the same day a guy in the neighborhood goes nice Altima or is that a Maxima. I hear this on a weekly basis.

my car at the top random Altima at the bottom

What's the resemblance where are they getting these two cars confused?

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:20 AM

altimas are nice cars too... and the styling is very similar on 6th gens to someone who isn't super focused on the nissan lineup.

dont be insulted, the people mistaking your car just arent 'car people'
Old 09-23-2013, 11:33 AM

I can see it actually, same cabin flow on each car. Most people see cars as an "appliance", don't read too much into it really.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM

When people ask me that question, I tell them its actually the Versa. Most of them don't know the difference.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 PM

hahahahahahah i'm gonna tell them mine is a Sentra.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:40 PM

They look the stinking same for the average joe..

Last edited by george__; 09-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The doors, windows, and roof lines are all very similar between the 4th gen Altima and 6th gen Max. I get confused sometimes too, and also with the rear shot of the new models.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM

Headlights, taillights, and front grill are really all that look different between the two. From a distance they look even more alike. Ticks me off that nissan chose this route, however who am I to complain right. To the OP, debadge and get a body kit. Really all you can do.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 PM

Some kid calls you a sucka and a dummy, so you decide to open your garage and come up with explanation. But we see that he learned his lesson, and he probably won't do this to you anymore. We are proud of you, brother!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM

It's funny that you made this thread because this always happens to me so I decided to make a little skit on Instagram a while back just to get a little laugh outta it.

Name:  SPARTA.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  78.1 KB
Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by acercomp71
Some kid calls you a sucka and a dummy, so you decide to open your garage and come up with explanation. But we see that he learned his lesson, and he probably won't do this to you anymore. We are proud of you, brother!
LOL, these were exactly my thoughts after initially reading the post.....
Old 09-24-2013, 05:28 PM

I feel you. it hasn't happened to me yet, but if it does i would feel some type of way. I don't want me max confused with that thing, especially here in nyc where every damn cabby is in a damn altima, almost just as much as a camry. them cars have lost there luster in my opinion like every car cabby's use....smh.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 AM

lol yall are crazy man, I like the responses. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 AM

I had a friend confuse my 01 Maxima with 01 Altima. People just do not know/do not care much about cars.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:23 PM

Post from------------>acercomp71
Here is the message that has just been posted:
This entire thread is just bunch'o bull$$it about some kid, who won't let him cut the grass, calling him a whacko or sucka, or whatever because he thinks it's an Altima. Then some Chinese dude who can't read or speak tells him its Altimizia. I mean, question to OP: what city and state is this whole story taking place in? Is it like North of country or South or where? I see some nice homes and condos in the background on picture, must be decent neighborhood. Just curious!

__________________________________________________ _______________________
Boy nobody made up any stories his mom just bought a white Altima because she totalled her 05 Tahoe. And this is Texas but hopefully relocate to Los Angeles soon. And yeah the dude at the store was lost in space like the kid too!

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM

terrible, even happens to me in tire shops.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM

Kryogen You get the big Altima/Maxima mixup all the time too? I give up on the mixup too I just call it a Maxi-tima
Old 09-25-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
hahahahahahah i'm gonna tell them mine is a Sentra.

Looks like Central Texas, my stomping grounds. You want to leave Texas for LA? Are you from California originally?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:23 PM

Post from------------>acercomp71
Here is the message that has just been posted:
This entire thread is just bunch'o bull$$it about some kid, who won't let him cut the grass, calling him a whacko or sucka, or whatever because he thinks it's an Altima. Then some Chinese dude who can't read or speak tells him its Altimizia. I mean, question to OP: what city and state is this whole story taking place in? Is it like North of country or South or where? I see some nice homes and condos in the background on picture, must be decent neighborhood. Just curious!

__________________________________________________ _______________________
Boy nobody made up any stories his mom just bought a white Altima because she totalled her 05 Tahoe. And this is Texas but hopefully relocate to Los Angeles soon. And yeah the dude at the store was lost in space like the kid too!
OK you decided to repost to make this thread even more ridiculous than it was before. Yea, I forgot to see you are in TX, and decided to delete the post. Now we all see it is, in fact, some hole in Texas where people can't read and call each other whacko and dummy just because they think you are driving an Altima. Did you finish cutting your grass that day or can it wait till you move to Los Angeles?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM

OK you decided to repost to make this thread even more ridiculous than it was before. Yea, I forgot to see you are in TX, and decided to delete the post. Now we all see it is, in fact, some hole in Texas where people can't read and call each other whacko and dummy just because they think you are driving an Altima. Did you finish cutting your grass that day or can it wait till you move to Los Angeles?

Ouch man! Texas is a great place, don't knock it till you try it~!

Last edited by TexasTex; 09-25-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:34 PM

acercomp71 you're not hurting anybody's feeling especially mine by showing out in the forum i'm up here laughing. If you don't like my post keep moving simple as that because i'm sure everybody who reads this is gonna agree with what i'm saying. If you wanna have fun stick around if not then go find something else to do get a life dude stop hating i'm sure your parents raised you better than that right? or maybe you've been hurt or your life or been through things but be civil. the way you're acting is not impressive so be cool and have fun with everybody you can do better than that.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:39 PM

TexasTex from San Antonio

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 PM

TexasTex from San Antonio
Ah, I remember. Why you wanna move to LA? That place is a cesspool man. I thought you were going to flight school or something? What happened?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:50 PM

TexasTex How you been guy how's your 02 running? I'm waiting to hear back from Southwest Airlines tommorow for a phone interview i'm gonna be working in flight operations and a pilot position.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 PM

TexasTex How you been guy how's your 02 running? I'm waiting to hear back from Southwest Airlines tommorow for a phone interview i'm gonna be working in flight operations and a pilot position.
Ih I see, good for you man. Everything is smooth as always, knock on wood!

SO you've already had you're initial interviews? I hear that's a great company to work for.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:54 PM

acercomp71 you're not hurting anybody's feeling especially mine by showing out in the forum i'm up here laughing. If you don't like my post keep moving simple as that because i'm sure everybody who reads this is gonna agree with what i'm saying. If you wanna have fun stick around if not then go find something else to do get a life dude stop hating i'm sure your parents raised you better than that right? or maybe you've been hurt or your life or been through things but be civil. the way you're acting is not impressive so be cool and have fun with everybody you can do better than that.
I am not trying to hurt your feelings boy. And FYI I am a trained professional with a degree, and I get paid a lot of money for what I do and I have a life, thank you very much. I was just asking why are you wasting bandwidth with your ridiculous posts. Who cares about some kid who lives across the street and calls your car an Altima? And then OK you got some "moderator" privileges and decided to make a fool out of me by putting my post back. Did you get paid this month by admin for your sorry a$$ moderator's work? Or are you a sorry **** admin here, perhaps? And let me ask you one more time- did you finish the most important part of your day that day- did you cut the grass or did you spend all that day explaining someone what make, year, and model your car is?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM

I am not trying to hurt your feelings boy. And FYI I am a trained professional with a degree, and I get paid a lot of money for what I do and I have a life, thank you very much. I was just asking why are you wasting bandwidth with your ridiculous posts. Who cares about some kid who lives across the street and calls your car an Altima? And then OK you got some "moderator" privileges and decided to make a fool out of me by putting my post back. Did you get paid this month by admin for your sorry a$$ moderator's work? Or are you a sorry **** admin here, perhaps? And let me ask you one more time- did you finish the most important part of your day that day- did you cut the grass or did you spend all that day explaining someone what make, year, and model your car is?
Congratulations.

Bandwidth? Are you serious?

For having such hostility here, you're sure worried about this dude's grass. Calm down Donald Trumph.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:01 PM

TexasTex hahaha Trumph got some issues dude when you raised in a house with a Military Boot instructor and with somebody in the field of mental health you see through people he's got some anger problems. He aint about to respond back to a cool dude like you and be cool. I sure wonder what his boss would think if he saw him acting out like that. I'm just 27 and none of stuff bothers me.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:05 PM

TexasTex hahaha Trumph some issues dude when you raised in a house with a Military Boot Camp instructor and with somebody in the field of mental health you see through people he's got some anger problems. He aint about to respond back to a cool dude like you and be cool. I sure wonder what his boss would think if he saw him acting out like that. I'm just 27 and none of stuff bothers me.
Well, that was my life growing up. I'm a fourth genner myself. But not the mental field, my family was just mental!

Good for you man, that's a good outlook. Maybe he's having a bad day...

Last edited by TexasTex; 09-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM

Oh yeah you got some military background on you I dont have nothing against him if he wants to be nice i'm cool with that. Moderator lol? not me. When the 2015 Maxima comes out I hope it looks way different from the Altima.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 PM

Oh yeah you got some military background on you I dont have nothing against him if he wants to be nice i'm cool with that. When the 2015 Maxima comes out I hope it looks way different from the Altima.
There you go! See Ace, now we can all be friends again.

Yea, I agree. It's kind of lame they made two different lines of cars cross. They do look very similar.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 PM

Whoooo they say that 2015 is gonna be hot you probably be the first to get one. From the concept pictures it looks way different than the Altima. Before 2002 you always knew the difference between and Altima and a Maxima
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Whoooo they say that 2015 is gonna be hot you probably be the first to get one. From the concept pictures it looks way different than the Altima. Before 2002 you always knew the difference between and Altima and a Maxima
Haha, we'll see about that!

I need to take a look at the concept pics. Yea man, it was always easy. I like both cars, but i like the Maxima a bit more. The Altima, contrary to facts I guess, always seemed like the less sportier economical choice. IDK, I'll probably get ripped over that but whatever.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:37 PM

^
Originally Posted by TexasTex
Haha, we'll see about that!

I need to take a look at the concept pics. Yea man, it was always easy. I like both cars, but i like the Maxima a bit more. The Altima, contrary to facts I guess, always seemed like the less sportier economical choice. IDK, I'll probably get ripped over that but whatever.
I think not... Altima with the 3.5L engine was fasttttt and loaded enough for me...
Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM

george__ shoot man the 2.5 in a 2010 Altima is pretty quick I can imagine what the V6 is like, the Altima is also lighter too so acceleration is gonna be different. But once you go Maxima you don't wanna go to a Altima.

TexasTex

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by george__
^

I think not... Altima with the 3.5L engine was fasttttt and loaded enough for me...
Haha, that didn't take long!

I guess I was just use to the days before that when they were what I described. My HS GF's mother had one and it just gave me the engrained feeling of a cheaper, more economical car.

george__ shoot man the 2.5 in a 2010 Altima is pretty quick I can imagine what the V6 is like, the Altima is also lighter too so acceleration is gonna be different. But once you go Maxima you don't wanna go to a Altima.

TexasTex
I agree Chris and that's a sharp **** car man.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM

When they kept my SL at the dealership for a week to do the timing chain They gave me a loaner 2010 Altima 2.5S. I wanted to be back in my ride bad. I missed it I didn't like that Altima it was just different! That CVT was about to drive me crazy. It sound like 100 year old bees bzzzzzzzzz zzz zzzz.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM

When they kept my SL at the dealership for a week to do the timing chain They gave me a loaner 2010 Altima 2.5S. I wanted to be back in my ride bad. I missed it I didn't like that Altima it was just different! That CVT was about to drive me crazy. It sound like 100 year old bees bzzzzzzzzz zzz zzzz.
Really? I've only driven one, my buddies in Austin. We were acting young and dumb and tried t top it out. We hit a buck 40 and it got there quickly. I think was around and 04 or 05 maybe?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 PM

02 to 04 is a 2.5L 4 speed automatic The V6 from 02 to 04 was 240 then 05 to 06 250 the S-E-R 260.

is more like sheeps screaming with the 2.5L when you accelerate not as bad as the 07 to 12 with CVT the bee sound the acceleration is louder.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-25-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM

02 to 06 is a 2.5L 4 speed automatic is more like sheeps screaming when you accelerate not as bad as the 07 to 12 with CVT the bee sound the acceleration is louder.
Wow, that's gotta be annoying.

Quick Reply: Maxima/Altima confusing annoying