6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Trans fail¡¡ help mee please¡¡

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Trans fail¡¡ help mee please¡¡

hello pals i replace cam sensors (2) crank sensor, valve body, repair the entire tranny, install the entire kit the 6 shift solenoids and the 3 pressure solenoids from rostra, oil new an the damned code p0744 still hapen intermitently like a 4 or 5 times at day when i go like a 80 mill and when i must stop, i apply the brakes and then the car make te downshift the god damned car puts in limp and estay in 5 spd, if i turn of the car off and on again the car runs fine this fail es more comon when the car is cold like the mornings any one can tell me what was the final solution to this problem in your case, only left me change the tcm or make a molotov bomb and burn the f"%$&& nippon car tnks a lot
this car is like a woman who loves and broke your hart
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM

http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p0744.html This is all I can provide for help right now. You probably already looked at this. I will check when I get home in the Service manual. That won't be for a couple hours though.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by po8pimp
http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p0744.html This is all I can provide for help right now. You probably already looked at this. I will check when I get home in the Service manual. That won't be for a couple hours though.

Yeah man i read that tanks any way, my frustration is because all the possible remedy was done, but that intermittent fail still happen like the night before i leave the car in the tranny shop i hope you can find something in your manuals, this is the list of the repair in that order:

1-valve body changed by one oem new nissan (the shifting is better but the car still in limp mode in aleatory situations always when the car must make the downshift 5spd to 4spd)

2-repair the tranny whit the entire kit and change the torque converter by new one (at first look the tranny look fine only one or two discs appear some burn, any way all its new now)

3-change the front motor mount, rigth motor mount, and the tranny support (the new front motor mount is without the sensor, its only rubber was installed without the sensor to be cheap the technician said never mind let off the sensor would not affect anythingin the same way was disconnect the sensor connector in the Rear motor mount which does was not change)

4-was installed the 3 pressure solenoids kit and also the kit with the 6 shift solenoids by rostra, (the shifting now es like brand new car but the $#$%ing p0744 still in the same ways and circunstances

5-I changed the 2 cam sensors and the crank sensor to by a genuine nissan sensors

I dont know but last day the tecnician told me the tranny fluid used by the shop was castrol import transmax multi-vehicle an dont the matik k fluid

I want to know What is missing?

tanks a lot¡¡¡¡
Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM

well I don't recommend using anything other than matic k fluid to begin with. I will sift through the manual here in a minute and see what I can find. Need to finish eating
Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

well I don't recommend using anything other than matic k fluid to begin with. I will sift through the manual here in a minute and see what I can find. Need to finish eating
yeah I had read something about not using anything other than nissan matic k,

ok pimp tnks a lot for your help
Old 11-06-2013, 07:48 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs.../autotrans.pdf here you go, recommend starting on page 511. Looks like there is a procedure to do, and a solenoid C to check. Everything you need to do that is described in here. Hope this helps, if you have any questions along the way let us know.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs.../autotrans.pdf here you go, recommend starting on page 511. Looks like there is a procedure to do, and a solenoid C to check. Everything you need to do that is described in here. Hope this helps, if you have any questions along the way let us know.
pimp thanks I had already downloaded the manual and the technical followed all procedures and apparently everything was fine just left me drain all the fluid whit matic k or change the tcm