6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Doors Lock & All Windows go down... By themselves!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Doors Lock & All Windows go down... By themselves!

New Member here. I've been searching for a thread dealing with this issue with no luck. Please direct me to it if it's here.
Starting yesterday morning (3/8/14), the doors locked & all the windows rolled down. It has happened Six times since then. The key fob had gotten wet & was blamed at first, but after disassembling and drying it has continued (even while the key fob was completely disassembled).
I've checked all the fuses (2 panels under the hood & one under the dash on the left side) & all have been tested with a test light & are good. I have a mechanical background & have tested all I can access.
Another forum had a similar issue with the Aultama. It was thought to be a problem with the wires (2) on the switch in the door. I've been looking to find how to access the switch & wires to see if they are exposed or have corrosion on them. Wet conditions seem to be the issue with the Aultama, however it had been 24 hours since this car had been in any rain.
Any imput would be appreciated!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM

To access the Master, or any door switch, insert a thin screwdriver between the outline of the switch (a rectangular box), and gentle pry out. This applies to all the doors.

DO a youtube how to "Replace side mirror" and theres a step by step vid how to remove the door panel.

As to the rolling down windows, try isolating the fob and manually locking the doors to see if the windows continues to roll down. Am of thoughts that the fob is the culprit, secondary to the master door control.

GL
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry.... The key switch.... Not the dome light switch.
The key fob (only one I own) was disassembled and battery out when this happened a couple times. I'm thinking that rules out the fob since it was inoperable, however the control unit in the car may have issues.......
Old 03-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused on the "outline" of the switch (box). I've had the door panel off and was uncertain on how to access the door switch. Is the accuator (spelling?) the switch that would need removed and tested???
Old 03-10-2014, 05:49 PM

try this vid...

Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Les7311. That's not the info I'm looking for. I've removed the door panel successfully. I'm needing help locating the lock switch/acturator that seems to give trouble. Also wanting info on testing the switch.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM

hmmmmm .. you got me thinking again. the actuator is behind the door panel.

The Master door switch is connected to the driver door master buttons- - just pluck master and switch I right there (no need removing the panel).

then the actuator is connected to the cables that open and close the door locks - remove the panel and trace cables from door lock to the unit.

Outside of this area, then you now into fuse and cpu territory.
#amlockedInToHelpingForAsoution#.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Remove the battery from the remote and try just using the key... Most likely the remote is causing the problem. Even though is dry, the damage is done.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:01 PM

This is a safety feature which is controlled by the BCM and keyfob. You should remove the battery terminal for 30 minutes. Take apart your keyfob, remove the battery and take rubbing alcohol and clean the circuit board to remove any contaminates. Let it dry and put a new battery in. Then reconnect the car battery and try again. If you hold the lock button on the keyfob the window roll down. Essentially this is being triggered. If this doesn't work, you might want to take it in to Nissan and make it their problem. They will tell you what is malfunctioning and what to replace. If I remember correctly you can disable the auto roll down function of the windows as well. The alarm shop had an issue with this when they where installing the door unlock/lock feature of the alarm keyfob. Every time the windows would roll down. Cost extra to trick the car into doing what it was supposed to and keep the feature. I opted to disable the feature altogether and save the hundred extra dollars for a useless feature I would never use.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Key Fob is the problem! I took the battery out and nothing happened for 24 hours, I put the battery back in the key fob and the doors locked and windows went down within 2 minutes.
New key fob ordered!
Thanks for the replies! It sure helps to connect with people that have dealt with the same issue.