6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Ambient Temp Sensor reading 131°F Vents blowng cold air

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Create From Nothing

Ambient Temp Sensor reading 131°F Vents blowng cold air

Recently had to replace my driver's seat due to broken supports. I swapped the BCM from the old seat to the new seat and now my outside temp reads 131°F, and my vents blow nothing but cold air. I've already replaced the sensor thinking it was just bad. What else can I try to fix the temp and the sensor.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:37 PM

sounds like you got the wrong BCM. You could have damaged something during the install as well. The BCM on this car is very touchy. Voltages can't be messed with in these cars. LED mods are proof of that. They cause a lot of headache. I would at this point take it to nissan for a diagnostic. Otherwise you are just throwing money at it. Unless you can get your wiring diagrams out and start testing voltages coming from the BCM. This is a pain in the rear, but can be done. A consult tool will pinpoint your problem though. Sometimes nissan will hook up the tool for free. At least mine will. They take real good care of me here. Good luck sorry I can't help out better. Well if you do plan to go the route of checking wiring, I can provide diagrams from the service manual. Let me know. PM is best.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Create From Nothing

Originally Posted by po8pimp
sounds like you got the wrong BCM. You could have damaged something during the install as well. The BCM on this car is very touchy. Voltages can't be messed with in these cars. LED mods are proof of that. They cause a lot of headache. I would at this point take it to nissan for a diagnostic. Otherwise you are just throwing money at it. Unless you can get your wiring diagrams out and start testing voltages coming from the BCM. This is a pain in the rear, but can be done. A consult tool will pinpoint your problem though. Sometimes nissan will hook up the tool for free. At least mine will. They take real good care of me here. Good luck sorry I can't help out better. Well if you do plan to go the route of checking wiring, I can provide diagrams from the service manual. Let me know. PM is best.
I have the FSM my mechanic and I are going to try the diag procedures tomorrow
Old 12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Create From Nothing

quick update...

Turns out that the wiring to the sensor got ripped and were exposed and touching. Got up under the bumper found the wires and reconnected them...and the sensor started working without any issues