6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

06 max, no start,fans on, no ac control's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

06 max, no start,fans on, no ac control's

Ok I bought this car cheap and I dont know any of the history of what happened. The car cranks over but wont start, fuel pump primes, fans come on after i turn ignition, blinkers work on the outside but not inside, ac controls dont work, and service light does not come on and cant get it to pop up when I do the self test, after cranking on it the security light becomes solid. Whats wrong with it?
Old 10-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Im trying to determine if I need to have key reprogrammed if that could cause all the issues or if I actually have a bad ecm.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

These cars do have problems with computers going bad..
Old 10-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Allnotch
Ok I bought this car cheap and I dont know any of the history of what happened. The car cranks over but wont start, fuel pump primes, fans come on after i turn ignition, blinkers work on the outside but not inside, ac controls dont work, and service light does not come on and cant get it to pop up when I do the self test, after cranking on it the security light becomes solid. Whats wrong with it?
.... ok i bought a new ecm with same number's that were on old ecm, i know the keys have to be programmed to new ecm but i had a locksmith tell me i had to flash new ecm and probably needed the bcm to, whats the process?
Old 10-24-2016, 02:39 PM

.... ok i bought a new ecm with same number's that were on old ecm, i know the keys have to be programmed to new ecm but i had a locksmith tell me i had to flash new ecm and probably needed the bcm to, whats the process?
Has the service light come on with the new ecm? If not, the problem was not with the old (original) ecm. Should that be the case, I'd suggest you check the ecm relay.
Ecm or bcm flash is not required.

Last edited by Costee; 10-24-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Costee
Has the service light come on with the new ecm? If not, the problem was not with the old (original) ecm. Should that be the case, I'd suggest you check the ecm relay.
Ecm or bcm flash is not required.
I dont recall seeing the new ecm kick the light. The theft light is solid but it did that with the old ecm also. Where is the ecm relay? The cover to the fuses under the hood is messed up so im not sure which one is which.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:35 AM

I dont recall seeing the new ecm kick the light. The theft light is solid but it did that with the old ecm also. Where is the ecm relay? The cover to the fuses under the hood is messed up so im not sure which one is which.
The ecm relay is in a box of relays and fuses (called IPDM) by the side of the coolant reservoir. It will be necessary to disconnect your battery when removing the unit.
Edit: It seems the relay can't be removed. You may check the fuses then. The ecm fuse is 15A.

Last edited by Costee; 10-25-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Costee
The ecm relay is in a box of relays and fuses (called IPDM) by the side of the coolant reservoir. It will be necessary to disconnect your battery when removing the unit.
Edit: It seems the relay can't be removed. You may check the fuses then. The ecm fuse is 15A.
Well locksmith showed up and it wont connect to the ecm... replaced the IPDM still no communication. I forget what its called but the white box underneath radio and change in it and alot of it was burnt inside. I read that that is common and can cause my issues.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:52 PM

I forget what its called but the white box underneath radio and change in it and alot of it was burnt inside. I read that that is common and can cause my issues.
The unified meter/AC Amp. Yes, usually caused by coins finding their way through the display screen.