6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor

Sorry if this has been discussed, I have been unable to find anything relevant.

While attempting to replace the camshaft position sensor, Bank 1 I believe, closest to the firewall I pulled off the pigtail connector. The shop has had little luck tracking one down at a junkyard and apparently the dealership can only order the entire harness, for around $430 more, and there is no ETA on the product; they have no idea when the part may come.

I guess my question is, does anyone know where I can get one? Perhaps someone knows how I can reuse the old one; I pulled it off the wires so that two of the three wires' boots are still stuck inside the pigtail, while one is still on the wire.

The car is currently at Pepboys, NOT the dealership.

Thanks,

Lee
Old 04-30-2017, 03:33 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Originally Posted by hueritoloco

While attempting to replace the camshaft position sensor, Bank 1 I believe, closest to the firewall I pulled off the pigtail connector. The shop has had little luck tracking one down at a junkyard and apparently the dealership can only order the entire harness, for around $430 more, and there is no ETA on the product; they have no idea when the part may come.

I guess my question is, does anyone know where I can get one? Perhaps someone knows how I can reuse the old one; I pulled it off the wires so that two of the three wires' boots are still stuck inside the pigtail, while one is still on the wire.

Thanks,

Lee
First thing you do is tell me the part number for the sensor and the harness,then we can see what other cars have that harness then you need or the pigtail. That pigtail may be in many different nissans even i could have the plug or another member has it.

Do not pay the $430. Picture would be good to.Also what color is it blue ,green?

Last edited by krismax; 04-30-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:03 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Thanks,

Lee
Ok found two on ebay one should be it or they may be both the same .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322299067278...MakeTrack=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262884709993...MakeTrack=true

The first listing has many nissan part numbers just match your cam pos sensor up with one of the part numbvers in the first link . I think it is it. But it may be the same as the second one. which is in US

Last edited by krismax; 04-30-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by krismax
First thing you do is tell me the part number for the sensor and the harness,then we can see what other cars have that harness then you need or the pigtail. That pigtail may be in many different nissans even i could have the plug or another member has it.

Do not pay the $430. Picture would be good to.Also what color is it blue ,green?
Thanks Krismax. The autoshop does not know the parts number of the harness, there is apparently none for the pigtail itself. I will ask the dealership tomorrow when they are open about the numbers.

The part is green and I have ordered one of those from ebay as a contingency plan; it won't be here until between May 15-25. The shop called me today and said that they found a broken part that might work, but I'd definitely rather have a good part. I'll try and send you a picture tomorrow as well, but the part is still at the shop and I'll have to take it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Lee
Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Thanks Krismax. The autoshop does not know the parts number of the harness, there is apparently none for the pigtail itself. I will ask the dealership tomorrow when they are open about the numbers.

The part is green and I have ordered one of those from ebay as a contingency plan; it won't be here until between May 15-25. The shop called me today and said that they found a broken part that might work, but I'd definitely rather have a good part. I'll try and send you a picture tomorrow as well, but the part is still at the shop and I'll have to take it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Lee
the one is from the US might get it sooner.If you take a pic of the plug you can match it with the ones on ebay . They are 3 wire i am very sure it is it. Do not pay the $480 or have them put a broken part on. they can just soder the ebay pigtail on.

Oh by the way the ebay ones aren't color matched ,which means is they just pick a color it doesn't have to match your color to be the right plug. The gray one will work to.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by krismax
the one is from the US might get it sooner.If you take a pic of the plug you can match it with the ones on ebay . They are 3 wire i am very sure it is it. Do not pay the $480 or have them put a broken part on. they can just soder the ebay pigtail on.

Oh by the way the ebay ones aren't color matched ,which means is they just pick a color it doesn't have to match your color to be the right plug. The gray one will work to.
I cannot get ahold of the dealership to get the parts number at this time. I don't have internet at home so that's why the spotty replies.

I went ahead and ordered the part you showed me in hopes that it will get here sooner and work.

I appreciate your help and will post once problem has been resolved, or if I am still in need of help.

As I said, I have no internet, which has compounded the difficulty of the situation. I do appreciate your help, on what may seem like simple tasks.

Lee
Old 05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The dealership gave me 240117Y000 as the parts number for the DGI Harness, which is the only way they will sell me the part I need.

Hopefully one of the parts I've ordered will work.

Lee
Old 05-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Father of the 00 VI

The dealership gave me 240117Y000 as the parts number for the DGI Harness, which is the only way they will sell me the part I need.

Hopefully one of the parts I've ordered will work.

Lee
I called a huge dealership in texas that does alot of internet business and they said that part is dicontinued.

But i noticed the ebay sellers, who sell the plug say to match it up first. Then if you have something different they can get it for you.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Discontinued like in "you have to junk your car and buy a new one"?
Old 05-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

So, I received one the parts yesterday but it did not fit. I've got two more coming; one, hopefully, by the end of the week. I'll post these pics in hopes that they can help out, but they are of a broken connector that the shop had; they seem to have lost the original that I broke off.
Attached Thumbnails Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor-img_6865.jpg   Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor-img_6866.jpg   Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor-img_6867.jpg   Pigtail for Camshaft position sensor-img_6868.jpg  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Father of the 00 VI

So, I received one the parts yesterday but it did not fit. I've got two more coming; one, hopefully, by the end of the week. I'll post these pics in hopes that they can help out, but they are of a broken connector that the shop had; they seem to have lost the original that I broke off.
If you search "you pull it junk yard"s in your area . you can go in find a 6 gen max and cut it off.

I will be going to one soon tell me if you still need the plug.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So, I finally got everything fixed. After I initially got the part the original shop spliced it on and did a poor job and my car was not reliable. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, in fact they claimed there was nothing wrong with it. I finally took it somewhere else and they identified that the original shop didn't know what they were doing.

Long story short, my car currently works well.

Thanks for your help.