Weird noise I canít figure out - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008)
Reload this Page >

Weird noise I canít figure out

6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi there, Iíve been having an issue for months where a weird bumping noise is coming from the front of my car. I was told by the dealership I got the car from in July that it was a starter (definitely not). I thought maybe power steering because it happens when I turn my wheel but it doesnít happen when I turn to the left, only the right. Itís a really hard noise to describe. Itís kinda like a big object in a plastic tube filled with water and thatís bouncing up and down hitting the lid. I tried replacing all the fluid and that didnít change anything. Itís not hard to steer at all. Just the noise is maddening. Sometimes itís not there sometimes itís there. Mostly right after it starts when I first start driving. During the summer it was going away after a few minutes of driving. Now itís getting a lot more constant. I attribute it to the cold weather because whenever itís warmer itís not as noticable. I should probably take it to a mechanic but Iím stubborn and like fixing things myself. Any ideas are welcome. Other than that I love the car.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:54 AM

possible cv axle on passanger side or could be strut or stabilizer link, lift I up and look at both axles to be on safe side.