7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mjambrose
Just got my 2012 maxima white with charcoal interior premium package, and technology package. I really like the car. I'm still debating if I like the navigation. Before I bought the car I was using a garmin which I loved. I am still trying to figure out a way to get the voice controls to work with less steps.
SETTING ALTERNATE COMMAND
MODE

This mode enables the operation of the display
and audio through Voice Recognition. When this
mode is active, an expanded list of commands
can be spoken after pushing <TALK >, and
the voice command menu prompts are turned
off. Note that in this mode the recognition
success rate may be affected because the
number of available commands and ways of
speaking each command are increased.
This mode can be turned on or off.
How to set
1. Push <SETTING>.
2. Highlight [Others] and push <ENTER>.
3. Highlight [Voice Recognition] and push
<ENTER>.
4. Highlight [Alternate Command Mode] and
push <ENTER>. A confirmation message is
displayed. Highlight [Yes] and push
<ENTER>. The indicator illuminates, and
Alternate Command Mode switches to ON.
5. Push <BACK> to return to the previous
screen. Push <MAP> to return to the
current location map screen.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just bought a new 2012 Limited Edition (Silver) last week. Dealer had $6500 in discounts and gave me $6000 for a '03 SE with over 120K and some damage on both bumpers.

Liking it so far, the CVT is taking time getting used to. MPG is creeping upward, I'm in the mid 20's. Feels much bigger & heavier than my old SE but I doubt that will last, it's just tight. This is my 4th Max (93, 97 SE, 03 SE) and probably the last.

Don't mind not having all the bells & whistles... the car is actually almost more fun in it's "raw" state, more grounded in what the personality of Maxima was meant to be.

Running premium in it for at least the first few thousand miles during break-in. Going to put new tires on it next month (the Goodyear Eagle's are TRASH but I found a buyer, another Max LE owner). Probably Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions... not sure, the car won't be driven much or far in winter.

The car gets the looks though, especially from other Gen 7 owners...
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have had my 2012 Premium for about 2 weeks now. I love this car and I am very happy with my decision to go Maxima. I have the white version with the dual panel roof, so I get a lot of looks when driving on the road. And just like Maxima2012LE, Nissan owners pay closer attention to it. My friends really enjoy riding in it as well. It is a pretty decent vehicle.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima2012LE
Just bought a new 2012 Limited Edition (Silver) last week. Dealer had $6500 in discounts and gave me $6000 for a '03 SE with over 120K and some damage on both bumpers.

Liking it so far, the CVT is taking time getting used to. MPG is creeping upward, I'm in the mid 20's. Feels much bigger & heavier than my old SE but I doubt that will last, it's just tight. This is my 4th Max (93, 97 SE, 03 SE) and probably the last.

Don't mind not having all the bells & whistles... the car is actually almost more fun in it's "raw" state, more grounded in what the personality of Maxima was meant to be.

Running premium in it for at least the first few thousand miles during break-in. Going to put new tires on it next month (the Goodyear Eagle's are TRASH but I found a buyer, another Max LE owner). Probably Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions... not sure, the car won't be driven much or far in winter.

The car gets the looks though, especially from other Gen 7 owners...
Welcome, glad your enjoying your new ride!!! Hey, if you get the bridgestone pole position 970 tires please let us know how you like them (or not) . My 2010 SV premium just broke 20K and I have the Eagle RSA's as well. I'm still a ways away from purchasing new tires but have been looking at the Potenza's as well. Reviews indicate very positive for most all categories but a few mention a MPG decrease which is my only concern.
Thanks,
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Car Addict

SETTING ALTERNATE COMMAND
MODE

This mode enables the operation of the display
and audio through Voice Recognition. When this
mode is active, an expanded list of commands
can be spoken after pushing <TALK >, and
the voice command menu prompts are turned
off. Note that in this mode the recognition
success rate may be affected because the
number of available commands and ways of
speaking each command are increased.
This mode can be turned on or off.
How to set
1. Push <SETTING>.
2. Highlight [Others] and push <ENTER>.
3. Highlight [Voice Recognition] and push
<ENTER>.
4. Highlight [Alternate Command Mode] and
push <ENTER>. A confirmation message is
displayed. Highlight [Yes] and push
<ENTER>. The indicator illuminates, and
Alternate Command Mode switches to ON.
5. Push <BACK> to return to the previous
screen. Push <MAP> to return to the
current location map screen.
I will try and set that up tomorrow night. Thanks for the info. I read about this in the owners manual. It was a little overwhelming even though I consider myself a tech guy. The car is still so new to me. I'm sure after a few hours setting my locations everything will be easier. I was really hoping that the navigation could just recognize the addresses in my contacts on my iPhone. That would make Nissan nav 100% more user friendly.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Red face

i have had my 2012 limited edition for over 3 months now and i love my car! this is my first nissan and i drive for two jobs at an average of over 85000 miles per year for work....this car made driving fun for me again!

i have not ran premium gas but i have used branded gas and i have not seen to much of a difference, the power has seemed to drop a little, the car is nice but man did they take the luxuary away in this trim package! No usb ports? thought that was common, i know bluetooth but the charging ports are located in silly spots and if you dont get the nav system the speedometer lights dont match the stereo and temp control panel lights....love the car hate the package i picked! should of spent the money for the upgrades into the grandma grandpa style!

but hey that is what aftermarket is for right?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 PM

First time Nissan owner and loving it!

Bought a '12 Maxima last month with some sick rebates and am very happy with my first Nissan. Tons of fun to drive. Looking forward to doing a few mods.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

edited. srry
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Ya'll I just copp a 2010 Maxima SV, fully premium package!! I LOVE IT!! The only problem, i can't find the AUX input, can anybody help me? Thanks Or send me a private message
Old 12-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by maddman23
Hey Ya'll I just copp a 2010 Maxima SV, fully premium package!! I LOVE IT!! The only problem, i can't find the AUX input, can anybody help me? Thanks Or send me a private message
Not sure which connection you are looking for, but there are a few in the front side of the center console box.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM
PGM

should be around 30
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
PGM

2010 Nissan Maxima has been the best Ride yet
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by maddman23
Lift up your console and in the front there should be some A/V plugs on the right and on the left there is a little plastic flap covering the USB port. Plug in your ipod hit source to cycle through to ipod and enjoy. Also you can buy an external hardrive and connect to that port.I believe a previous post in a different thread mentioned that the limit is 128 GB. But that's alot of music. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM

Hi everyone!! i just got an 09 maxima today as a matter of fact, had to drive it about 2 hours to get home. I absolutely love it and the fact that my phone will sync to the bluetooth but i don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a AUX cord. It came with an iPhone/iPod adapter in it, but i have...neither.

also, my floor mats are scraped to all hell and my right fog light is busted. other than that, it was a great buy!!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by LindseyH
Hi everyone!! i just got an 09 maxima today as a matter of fact, had to drive it about 2 hours to get home. I absolutely love it and the fact that my phone will sync to the bluetooth but i don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a AUX cord. It came with an iPhone/iPod adapter in it, but i have...neither.

also, my floor mats are scraped to all hell and my right fog light is busted. other than that, it was a great buy!!
Yea Nissan changed over to a regular USB port for the 2010+ Maximas'. So if you got a 2010+ you could play your music through a flash drive and some Android phones. Should be able to find a used older iPod for cheap on ebay if you wanted one.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
RR5

Originally Posted by Car Addict
Yea Nissan changed over to a regular USB port for the 2010+ Maximas'. So if you got a 2010+ you could play your music through a flash drive and some Android phones. Should be able to find a used older iPod for cheap on ebay if you wanted one.
This is great information, here I was looking to picking up an 09 SV to replace my aging 02.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM

i have an 09 max, i just ordered a 4th generation iPod for the car. its just an inconvenient mess trying to figure out how the input works in that car. there are 3 different ports and i've never seen an aux jack like that, its always been 1 cable that connected to the car and to the phone.

oh well, i won't have to worry about that once the iPod gets here.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2012 Slate

Just picked up my second Maxima - 2012 S in Metalic Slate ( previously had a 2005) and love it. Have it for about 1.5 month now with about 2000 miles on it. Getting tints in a week, adding spoiler for now. Taking my time to figure out exactly what I want to do with. Seen a lot of great things from headlights, body kits, etc. Love everything about this car. The comfort, ease of drive, etc. I'm currently getting 19.5 MPG's and consistently rising.
Attached Thumbnails OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Blackrob; 01-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Banned

We need those drivers on the ORG filling us in on their experiences.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2009 maxima sv sport and absolutely love it. Glad I found this place full of maxima owners who love the car as much as me. I previously had a 07 maxima se before that for about a year and a half. I couldn't take not driving the newer body anymore and found a 09 and sold the 07 off to grandpa lol. Best car I've ever had......I've recently had a funny noise when my steering wheel is turned kinda like a vibrating feeling, and also my gearshift sticks when I go into reverse from park to the point I have to yank it sometimes. But other then that its been the best car I've ever owned, and really am looking to get ideas on what to do to change the appearance of it
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sporty!!

After a few weeks I am impressed. I did test drive several other cars from different companies and the Maxima just felt better. I wanted something used so a 2011 is what I got. Its a SV and very nice. I was finally abel to take it out on the freeway after a few weeks and I enjoyed driving it. To me after owning a GMC envoy the maxima seems very sporty and fun to drive.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just bought my second (after driving my first, a 2000 I bought late in '99 up until I traded it in on this 2013) and am loving it so far. It definitely brings back memories of picking up my first one and how much fun it was after driving a big pickup truck. I'm still a littly iffy about the CVT but have been going easy on it during the break in period so I'll reserve judgement until I can open it up a bit more.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Purchased my 2010 yesterday. This car is absolutely amazing. Bought is certified for $25,000. with every option except navigation and paddle shift. Would like to have bought one with every option, but too much money! You can't beat this car interms of build and quality for your money but having said that, I do think at $40,000 plus for a brand new Maxima, that's too expensive. I have a buddies that beat me to the punch but it cost them $15,000 more. The care handles like a dream for a large care and the power is fantastic. It truly is the four door sports car. This body style is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see how Nissan will try and top this with the next generation.

Last edited by darkryder1000; 04-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 PM

i've had mine for about 2 months now love the car. i think it should only be 2 packages the s should have a color screen no navi or anything and the sv should just be fully loaded ..
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by darkryder1000
Purchased my 2010 yesterday. This car is absolutely amazing. Bought is certified for $25,000. with every option except navigation and paddle shift. Would like to have bought one with every option, but too much money! You can't beat this car interms of build and quality for your money but having said that, I do think at $40,000 plus for a brand new Maxima, that's too expensive. I have a buddies that beat me to the punch but it cost them $15,000 more. The care handles like a dream for a large care and the power is fantastic. It truly is the four door sports car. This body style is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see how Nissan will try and top this with the next generation.
Maxima's are highly discounted and Nissan offers generous rebates to move the car. I bought my 2012 SV for $8,200 below MSRP. You can do better at end of year clearances. So to me a new car was a no brainer.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by smooth703
i've had mine for about 2 months now love the car. i think it should only be 2 packages the s should have a color screen no navi or anything and the sv should just be fully loaded ..
I agree the S should be dropped though. It should be SV with leather heated seats and steering wheel, Nav, HIDs and 18s. Then it should be sport plus tech and then premium.

Sent from my iPad using MaximaOrg
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 AM

I picked up a 2012 Premium with every option but the rear spoiler back in July. Worked a 39 month lease, 15,000 miles per year, regular maint included, oem lock lugs, Bruins plates, 2 free details. Gave the dealer the title to my '03 GLE that had a trade in value of about $2200, no money down, $409/mo
Residual will be about $21,000 if I decide to keep her, which I'm leaning towards.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi all. I'm a new owner. 2009 Maxima SV with nav and rear controls. Thanks to this group, I've already pulled the steering lock fuse.

Name:  69019_10100858905912687_1935640874_n_zpsf492164e.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  36.4 KB
Old 06-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Accord Vs Maxima

Bought a Crimson Black SV with the sport package for the price of a high end Honda Accord. I have a 2006 Accord which is going to a family member and looked at the 2013 Accord because I loved my 2006 and saw all the favorable reviews. I found, drove and bought my Maxima paying about the same price and there really is no comparison. I am sure the Maxima will become my new favorite.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just traded a '10 Wrangler (I've always wanted one) for a '10 Maxima (I've always wanted one of these, too). I loved this car, since the early '90s. I buddy of mine has a gen 6 that I love. Now, I have a Max of my own; and, I do love this car.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just picked up a white 2013 SV with sport package and the tech package. This is our second Maxima and I could not be happier about it. We have missed our 2011 since we traded it for a Pathfinder. I will miss my Tundra, but no room for remorse when you upgrade to a Max. Got a good deal as well. I think I love this car better than the older one.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM

2013 SV white ext/black int sport with tech. Black wheels.

Love it so far. Only a week in but have put 1000 miles on it so far. I'm about a 70k/year driver for work. The Bluetooth works really well and that's my surprise feature so far. Didn't think I'd use or like it, but so far love it. The Nav is really great too. That's another thing I didn't think I'd use. Love the thigh extenders, the xenons, the cooled seats (will never use the heated), the BOSE, the ipod connectivity and the black wheels. Here is to hoping for 5 trouble free years....
Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just got a 2010 Maxima SV, second Nissan ever owned, my first one was a Nissan Gloria Y33 that I had when I was stationed in Japan. I was looking for an Accord, the dealership talked me into test driving a Maxima and then I started looking into them until I found mine. Great vehicles, Planning to keep this one for a very long time.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just retired my 1998 Max with 276000 miles. Still have it.
Now ahve a 2011 Maxima SV with the Sport Package.

Love it, except for all the engine vibration I feel in the steering wheel and gas pedal.

It test drove a few Maxs, and they all had it.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:44 AM

You should not accept the vibration in the steering wheel and gas pedal. This is a classic symptom of front tires out of balance.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My low tire warning came on yesterday. Got the pressure to where it should be and the vibration went away.

F U to the salesman who told me they just checked the pressure.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just got a great deal on a 2010 SV Sport/Tech. Only has 14,000 miles on it, as I did double check the carfax to find out it was a low mileage lease turn in.

This car is a complete blast to drive. I just came out of a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T w R/T pkg, so I knew I wanted something with a bit more performance than most offerings. While the Maxima doesn't possess the outright punch of a Hemi, this thing handles far better! All in all, I am very impressed! Let the modding commence!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Cool 2013 SV Crimson Black

I just bought a new '13 SV. There were some great incentives - not so much on the models with navigation, unfortunately.

I love the car, I love the way it rides, I'm impressed with it's engineering.

I'm not happy with the way the rear bumper, fenders and trunk aligns - gaps differ - almost looks like it was done quickly without precision and pushed off the line. I saw this with other new Max's on the dealer's lot.

Also think memory seats and a telescoping steering wheel should be standard - my $30k Honda EX-L v6 Coupe had them.

Left-foot rest is kinda cheap-o..... could at least be a solid block of rubber.

Antiquated foot activated emergency break is lame.

USB port could be placed somewhere more convenient - as could the power mirror controls.

Overall, this is a great machine and I'm glad I bought it. Just kinda wonder why certain details are so cheap?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just purchased a 2011 maxima sv with 32k and my wife a 2012 maxima sv premium with 19k
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Just got a 2014 maxima sv... The car is great, comfortable ride, quick, and very sharp looking... Defiantly recommend

Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?