7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Locking Lugs for OEM Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Locking Lugs for OEM Wheels

My dad has been to a couple of auto stores trying to find Locking Lugs for his OEM Wheels. Has anyone done this here yet? If so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scrappy
Old 10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Love my '09

Don't know of a "local source" but easily available on line. (See accessories thread)

Mine came with them installed.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM

Unless Nissan has changed the lug threads on the '09 (unlikely), wouldn't the same locking lugs used on earlier generation Maximas (available at any Nissan dealer) work?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Love my '09

Dingdingding, we have a winner here. Light is right on the money and it was sooo obvious, I didn't even think of that.

Guess it shows I'm of the "internet generation" as I look there first....

hahahahaha
Old 10-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Dingdingding, we have a winner here. Light is right on the money and it was sooo obvious, I didn't even think of that.

Guess it shows I'm of the "internet generation" as I look there first....

hahahahaha
It was thought of, but besides the actual car who buys anything from the dealer anymore
Old 10-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Love my '09

UAV, actually I was referring to ME for not thinking of it. I've had several "blond moments" in the last few days. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep, too much work this last week.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by uavscrappy
It was thought of, but besides the actual car who buys anything from the dealer anymore
For major accessories, I might look around. But I have bought locking lug nuts from my dealer for every Maxima I have purchased in the last fifteen years. The last set I got from him was in 2004, and he charged either $25 or $35 bucks. The quality has always been excellent.

With gas scarce at times around here, and with the price of gas around where I live way above the national average, I now usually shop at the nearest source, and my Nissan dealer is only four miles away. Of course there are certain Nissan dealers I would not patronize even if they were within walking distance.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
UAV, actually I was referring to ME for not thinking of it. I've had several "blond moments" in the last few days. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep, too much work this last week.
I hear ya on the work situation, call me crazy but I am trying to get out of my 21 dollar an hour Contractor Job and get in to working for Navy Depot for 17.60 an hour. The difference? Navy Depot is Civil Service where all my military time will come in to play. It will be painful for a while but I have to look at long term future for my family and I. But I did see the lugs on the accessories link yall had up so thanks to whoever had that posted. I did my job told my dad I would find them and I did lol. Now I can go back to my 6th Gen site again lol.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM

All of the new Maxima's that I have seen already come with wheel locks on them. Light: I'm surpised you got those locks so cheap. I went to the dealer last month for some locks and they tried to sell me some for 80 something plus tax. I laughed in their face and walked out....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMAK99
All of the new Maxima's that I have seen already come with wheel locks on them. Light: I'm surpised you got those locks so cheap. I went to the dealer last month for some locks and they tried to sell me some for 80 something plus tax. I laughed in their face and walked out....

Maximas leave the Smyrna assembly plant with nothing in the way of wheel locks. Locking lug nuts are another in that long list of things dealers add while prepping the car once it arrives on their lot, then charge triple what the additions cost them.

The price I paid was 4 1/2 years ago, and I'm sure it has gone up. But EIGHTY DOLLARS? I honestly feel that is a blatant ripoff.

Hold on a second . . . Your post has jogged a faint memory in the back of my head. I seem to remember that the Maximas sitting on both my dealer's lots have an entry listing locking wheel lugs at an additional charge of $200 on that little window sticker they always add beside the official Nissan sticker. I never let that register, because I always tell my salesperson I will pay them $25 (maybe $35 last time) for the locking lug nuts, and if that isn't enough, they can swap them back for the regular lug nuts. So far, they have argued only briefly, then agreed.

I have never tried to buy the locking lug nuts (and coded wrench socket) straight off the shelf. But I would feel there is no way those should cost the dealer anywhere in the $80 area. But that is just my opinion.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 AM
SuPeRmOd

go with gorilla.

a quality full set will run you up to $80. but you could just buy 4 for way cheaper.

i learned my lesson from buying ones at PepBoys in a hurry for cheap.