7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Do You Find the Traffic Feature Handy?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Do You Find the Traffic Feature Handy?

Guys,

I live around the NYC area and the Traffic feature on the Navi is horrible. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it never appears to identify any traffic blockages or jams. I see random pink strips never on my route but some side roads/areas.

Have I set it up incorrectly, or is XM's service just that bad? I'm assuming it's being serviced by XM.

thx
Old 01-03-2009, 06:35 PM

Yes it is. My guess is that your area is too "cramped". If you read the fine print on the Maxima brochure under XM, you will see that Nissan expects one to have difficulty with the Nav system if they are navigating through a city with tall buildings(which I assume NYC is full of). The same rule applies if there is inclement weather. My second guess is that the free version of XM doesn't cover as many areas as the full version does.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM

by free version you mean with the trial subscription? how do i get full version when I sign up for xm?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by netjack
by free version you mean with the trial subscription? how do i get full version when I sign up for xm?
I dont beleive that there is any actual difference between the trial sub and the "full" sub as far as the traffic goes, same with the radio service.

There could be a number of things that are contributing to the fact that you are not getting accurate readings for the exact route you are driving. You may want to call up XM and ask them about it, I know for us traffic usually only works on the main highways as the traffic service I do not beleive is available everywhere on every road.