7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Help! I'm new here and have a question....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 04:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Joel4dawgs
Following up, I did pull the step motor and replaced it with one from ebay for about 24$. It's was a lot easier than I imagined. So drop the trans pan and the step motor sits right there on the bottom side of the valve body, you do not have to drop the valve body. Very straightforward. I changed trans oil, external filter, and step motor. Took 5 and about an 1/8 to 1/4 quarts to get it perfect on the dipstick. Cleared up my p1778 code and the issue I was having (getting stuck in higher rpms at higher speeds) is resolved. Hoping this replacement step motor holds up, so good so far.

congrats man I just had P0171 and P1778 and I tried replacing the step motor as well but there was no luck for me. My car’s check engine light popped on as I was headed to Autozone to pick up a brake caliper and started acting like it didnt want to take off until high rpms. I was around the corner from Autozone, so when I got there I had them read the codes which these popped up. On the way back home it went completely stopped at light and I had it towed home. And then began my journey of the CVT deeply smh.… long story short I replaced it with another cvt and will probably be keeping it and looking for the parts to do a manual transmission swap!
Old 10-26-2022, 05:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maxi_me_down
congrats man I just had P0171 and P1778 and I tried replacing the step motor as well but there was no luck for me. My car’s check engine light popped on as I was headed to Autozone to pick up a brake caliper and started acting like it didnt want to take off until high rpms. I was around the corner from Autozone, so when I got there I had them read the codes which these popped up. On the way back home it went completely stopped at light and I had it towed home. And then began my journey of the CVT deeply smh.… long story short I replaced it with another cvt and will probably be keeping it and looking for the parts to do a manual transmission swap!
the p0171 I had was a hole in a crankshaft hose, I assume you found an air leak that caused the p0171.

Yeah that sucks about the trans, I'm hoping mine holds up for a little while. Keep us updated if you do a swap, that may be something I consider if mine starts acting up again.