7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to adjust speedo brightness? and programing the garage door button?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 AM

how to adjust speedo brightness? and programing the garage door button?

most car have a dial or **** to adjust the brightness of the speedo when the driving light is turn on. I don't see any dial/**** on the maxima anywhere. so how do I or anyone adjust the brightness of the speed at night time???
Please don't tell me it's not adjustable as it's a one level brightness.

have anyone try to program the garage door button? i have the rolling code one and want to know how to program it.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by airwolf09
most car have a dial or **** to adjust the brightness of the speedo when the driving light is turn on. I don't see any dial/**** on the maxima anywhere. so how do I or anyone adjust the brightness of the speed at night time???
Do you not just turn the same ****/stick thingy that resets the trip?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM
TBA

Originally Posted by airwolf09

have anyone try to program the garage door button? i have the rolling code one and want to know how to program it.
Speedo brightness control in on the lower right corner of the instrument cluster. It's the same control as the trip reset; just twist the ****.

Programming the garage door is simple. For rolling code you have to set the learn button on the opener itself, then hit the button the car. The instructions in the Quick Start guide and the manual are very clear.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM

ah, didn't realize that reset **** is also use for the brightness control. How silly I am.

I will try to program my garage button this week. Hopefully, I know where the learn button on the opener is.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM

On our garage door opener, it is a large red button on the main unit itself. Very easy to find and program.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 PM

I didn't know this either! Thanks for the info!

BTW, I'm a new owner of a 09 Max SV with Premium Tech pachage - Precison Gray with charcoal interior. I've owned her for 3 weeks and love the car!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Love my '09

Airwolf, let me tell you, when you go to do the programming, have 2 people there. I found it much easier to do that way. Now the community gate was a fixed code remote that I programmed on number II and was super easy.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 PM

garage door

damn thing didnt work for me.

i pushed the button on garage door main unit, the light blinks red, then i went into the car and pushed the button on the rear view mirror 3 times like the manual called for and still the button doesnt open my garage door

am i doing something wrong here?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:48 PM

Unless your Homelink indicates a rolling code (step 5) you do not need to go past step 4. I have two garage doors and they both were programmed the first try. Follow the directions exactly or it will not work. You have to have a handheld garage door opener to be able to program it if the opener does not have a rolling code.

PROGRAMMING HOMELINK
1. To begin, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons (to clear the memory)
until the indicator light 1 blinks (after 20 seconds). Release both buttons.
2. Position the end of the hand-held transmitter 1 - 3 inches (26 - 76 mm) away from the HomeLink surface.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink button you want to program and the hand-held transmitter button.
DO NOT release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.
4. Hold down both buttons until the indicator light on the HomeLink flashes, changing
from a “slow blink” to a “rapidly flashing blink”. This could take up to 90 seconds.
When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. The rapidly flashing light indicates successful programming.
To activate the garage door or other programmed device, press and hold the programmed HomeLink button — releasing when the device begins to activate.

5. If the indicator light on the HomeLink blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns solid, HomeLink has picked up a “rolling code” garage door opener signal. You will need to proceed with the next steps to train the HomeLink to complete the programming which may require a ladder and another person for convenience.
6. Press and release the “smart” or “learn” program button located on the garage door opener’s motor to activate the “training mode”. This button is usually located near the antenna wire that hangs down from the motor. If the wire originates from under a light lens, you will need to remove the lens to access the program button.
NOTE:
Once you have pressed and released the program button on the garage door opener’s motor and the “training light” is lit, you have 30 seconds in which to perform step 7.
Use the help of a second person for convenience to assist when performing this step.
7. Within 30 seconds of pressing and releasing the garage door opener’s program button, quickly and firmly press and release the HomeLink button you’ve just programmed. Press and release the HomeLink button up to 3 times to complete the training.
8. Your HomeLink button should now be programmed.
(To program the remaining HomeLink buttons for additional door or
gate openers, follow steps 2-4 only.)

Last edited by 2young2retire; 06-19-2009 at 08:52 PM.