7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Borla Exhaust in development!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2009maxima sv-sport
if i cant get one now im not going to get one at all this year no need to get it in the winter
Trust me it will be worth the while to get one.

Last edited by KillaKam; 06-23-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 PM

i cant wait till i get one.

Last edited by 2009maxima sv-sport; 06-23-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM

i hope i can afford this when its out any group buys.

Last edited by 2009maxima sv-sport; 06-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM

hope you enjoy your new exhaust.

Last edited by 2009maxima sv-sport; 06-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM

i hope i can afford this when its out any group buys.
I am going to try to see what I can do like always for everyone..

hope you enjoy your new exhaust.
Thank you... I hope to see you at Maxus and share the product with everyone.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:16 PM

if i cant get one now im not going to get one at all this year no need to get it in the winter
Wow Winter must come early for you...
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Wow Winter must come early for you...
yes it does when you live on the east coast and it gets cold in oct and all are car shows end in aug
Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 PM

yes it does when you live on the east coast and it gets cold in oct and all are car shows end in aug
oh no, the NYCMaximas crew meets all winter long... yes, it's cold
Old 06-23-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by k757
oh no, the NYCMaximas crew meets all winter long... yes, it's cold
you got that right keith lol
Old 06-23-2010, 06:34 PM

btw any word on pricing yet for the final production versions?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM

W/ the permission of Alvin I give the unboxing pictures of the Borla Exhaust system To be installed later today to be follow by more photos as well as a video so you hear her perrrrr.

Enjoy!

Last edited by KillaKam; 06-23-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Fixed broken URL
Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 PM

Wow can't wait dude!! Ur a lucky a man lol. I live in central jersey and looking to come up to the big event this weekend pretty much just to see and hear this exhaust in person. However due to sucky work schedule I have to work this weekend, are u gona showcase this awesome exhaust Friday by any chance?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 PM

All we need now is a high quality video of sound it produces!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by whtdvl
Wow can't wait dude!! Ur a lucky a man lol. I live in central jersey and looking to come up to the big event this weekend pretty much just to see and hear this exhaust in person. However due to sucky work schedule I have to work this weekend, are u gona showcase this awesome exhaust Friday by any chance?
Thanx I am very excited about this product and can't wait to get it on my car tomorrow. I will be at Maxus this weekend and will be entering into the show to showcase the product. I will be starting up the Max and reving the engine all day. Hopefully you can stop by if not how far do you live from the track? Depending on how far maybe i'll drive and meet you somewhere so you can get a chance to see it if you can't make it down.

Originally Posted by Ricko
All we need now is a high quality video of sound it produces!
I will be sure to do my best... I am going to use the best camera that I have maybe even my iPhone just to get the sound.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=KillaKam;7614355]Thanx I am very excited about this product and can't wait to get it on my car tomorrow. I will be at Maxus this weekend and will be entering into the show to showcase the product. I will be starting up the Max and reving the engine all day. Hopefully you can stop by if not how far do you live from the track? Depending on how far maybe i'll drive and meet you somewhere so you can get a chance to see it if you can't make it down.

I'll most likely just be able to make the meet and greet on Friday. Even though I have no clue when people will be arriving lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=whtdvl;7614374]
Originally Posted by KillaKam
Thanx I am very excited about this product and can't wait to get it on my car tomorrow. I will be at Maxus this weekend and will be entering into the show to showcase the product. I will be starting up the Max and reving the engine all day. Hopefully you can stop by if not how far do you live from the track? Depending on how far maybe i'll drive and meet you somewhere so you can get a chance to see it if you can't make it down.

I'll most likely just be able to make the meet and greet on Friday. Even though I have no clue when people will be arriving lol.
Thats cool just let me know... I'll be down there with everyone.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Well got it installed today and it is freaking amazing You guys are going to love it. Here are a few photos. I will try to get a video posted while at Maxus and I will also have plenty more pictures for everyone.

Enjoy!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM

looks great...well worth the wait. Now let's hear it
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by lake985
looks great...well worth the wait. Now let's hear it
With getting ready for Maxus and all I really didn't have time to type anything out but I plan on getting it done tomorrow after I get all settled in at the hotel and at the meet and greet thing or w.e. i'll have my laptop on me and get to work on it. I have the information but I would like to wait to see if and what Alvin is going to give you guys; he said that he might pop in and put up a post but I will pretty much write a story and first impressions and test drive impressions (drive down to Maxus). It will be well worth the wait and i'll also have the price for everyone tomorrow as well
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 AM

With getting ready for Maxus and all I really didn't have time to type anything out but I plan on getting it done tomorrow after I get all settled in at the hotel and at the meet and greet thing or w.e. i'll have my laptop on me and get to work on it. I have the information but I would like to wait to see if and what Alvin is going to give you guys; he said that he might pop in and put up a post but I will pretty much write a story and first impressions and test drive impressions (drive down to Maxus). It will be well worth the wait and i'll also have the price for everyone tomorrow as well
ok, fine, I'll see it today!

wouldn't it be great if there was an initial price offering that was at a HUGE discount
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Thanks for posting the pics Kam. I love the looks of this exhaust. Just need a sound clip to seal the deal. No pressure......
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM

holy crap battman!!! that exhaust looks amazing! i am definitely in to buy. can't wait for sound clips. and i can't stop drooling!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is Alvin from Borla Performance in California. Thanks to MaxLoverAz & KillaKam for all of their help in making this product for the Maxima community.

We are excited to hear your positive feedback and we look forward to hearing from everyone in attendance at Maxus this weekend. Let us know your thoughts in the design, fit, and sound of this awesome product. Stay tuned as Borla will post the official release on our website.

To confirm KillaKam statements, we plan to build a pilot run at our R&D facility then shift into production at our manufacturing facility in Johnson City, TN. These systems will be available for purchase direct from Borla (MSRP) or through a Borla Dealer.

Have a great time at Maxus!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 PM

If you guys want to check out the system at the show tomorrow i'll be the Silver 7th Gen. No front license plate and I will have the Borla decal on my car so be sure to check out the system at the show. If I'm not near my car cause I am going to also be walking around the show some you can either look for the guy with the Borla hat on or you can call me at 860.712.4572
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 PM

If you guys want to check out the system at the show tomorrow i'll be the Silver 7th Gen. No front license plate and I will have the Borla decal on my car so be sure to check out the system at the show. If I'm not near my car cause I am going to also be walking around the show some you can either look for the guy with the Borla hat on or you can call me at 860.712.4572
I took a good look at it. It's very sexy. We'll get some side by side videos of OEM -vs- Borla for some video comparison.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 PM

I took a good look at it. It's very sexy. We'll get some side by side videos of OEM -vs- Borla for some video comparison.
Ya that sounds like a plan... Maybe we can do that tomorrow and people can kinda look at that and compare it between the two to hear and see the difference

BTW are you leaving with the 1st Caravan or the second?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Ya that sounds like a plan... Maybe we can do that tomorrow and people can kinda look at that and compare it between the two to hear and see the difference

BTW are you leaving with the 1st Caravan or the second?
yeah

don't know anything about multiple caravans. I'll just go outside around 8, put a little spray detailer on and be ready to roll
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 PM

Alright guys just as I promised here is some updated in formation for you.

COMPANY BACKGROUND:

BORLA® is committed to providing world-class exhaust products which surpass the expectations of our customers. To that end, our facility is complete with a state-of-the art test and development center where we are continually improving our manufacturing efficiency and standards. We have pioneered a variety of improvements in the design of performance exhaust systems. Alex Borla currently holds several US patents for innovative exhaust system technology, and the company has won numerous "Best New Product" awards in the industry. Every BORLA® Cat-Back™ system, Header and Rear Section is made from austenitic stainless steel (superior to 409 or aluminized steel) <--(The Best Part About It) employing mandrel-bent tubing, all-welded construction, and is designed for accurate fit and easy installation. More then 30 years experience and special merge collector technology provide the ultimate in power and endurance.

The performance advantages of a BORLA® are widely recognized. The top engine builders in the racing world rely on BORLA® exhaust for maximum performance. In fact, BORLA® is at the forefront of the movement toward responsible racing with our full line of patented, award and race-winning racing mufflers that not only maintain a race engine's power, but in some instances actually add power. This technology is incorporated into BORLA® exhaust for the street, providing 7-10% increased horsepower and torque when you plant your foot, and improved gas mileage at cruising speeds.

BORLA(R) offeres a Million Mile Warranty on their products. Click HERE for more information.

*Source: www.borla.com

SYSTEM SPECS:

So as stated above this system is made with austenitic stainless steel which is superior to 409 Stainless Steel (as we all know now Stillens system uses 409 and well we've all seen what happens there). The tips for the exhaust are made of the same material as the whole kit except they are "Polished"

Now here it is; the exhaust pipe is going to be a 2.5" pipe. From the end of that pipe to the mufflers pipe it is going to be 2".

This is a Cat-Back System!!

PRICE!:

For those of you that were interested in knowing the price (Retail) I have that for your finally The retail price for the Borla Cat-Back exhaust system if you chose to purchase directly from Borla is going to be $1,099.99. Now that is a great price for a system of this quality. You do not have to purchase directly through Borla you may at some point be able to purchase through a dealer who can offer the system at a lower price of I can try to set up a group buy for everyone but there is no ETA on that so if you want one of the 6 possible systems by the end of July (Estimated) and be one of many to have the system ordering through Borla is the way to go.

MY REVIEW (First Impressions & Drive):

I have got to say when I saw this thing in the box I was extremely impressed with it. Once it was installed and I saw it in person on the car it was just amazing. This system is beautiful in every way; (sound & look). When you first start the car up I can tell you that it is quiet; alittle louder than stock but nothing like the sound of the Stillen system at start up and IDLE which to some may be a good thing; I personally like it better. When your driving is when this system comes alive. I drove it from CT to NJ today and it was great. To me there isn't that much sound from the inside of the car as there is on the Stillen system but you can defiantly hear the tone of the exhaust from the outside (Video Coming Soon!). The car feels like it has much more power to it than it did stock and also even with the Stillen system; (seems like every time I take something Stillen off of my car its always better, lol).

I would highly, highly recommend this system to anyone that is interested it is a great product and I am not just saying that. If you'd like to see it for yourself look for me at Maxus i'll be at the car show tomorrow and i'll be around on Sunday as well.

*HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY! PICTURES AND VIDEO'S COMING SOON (going to try for tomorrow).

**Not fitment issues found with the Racingline Performance Y-Pipe (Tested by Borla).

Last edited by KillaKam; 06-25-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks KillaKam!

Borla Performance Industries has plans for a (limited) pilot-build at our California facility in July, then shifting production to our manufacturing facility in Johnson City,TN.

Borla will announce this new cat-back for the 2009-10 Maxima on our website next month. We ask that you wait for our website announcement before contacting your Borla dealer as they won't have information about this exciting new product.

This part number is 140386 with a MSRP of $1099.99. You have the choice of buying directly from Borla at MSRP or through a Borla dealer. Shop our dealers for your best price.

Thanks again for your interest!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Hey Kam I live in NY and tried to find out exactly where Maxus is being held and i couldnt find out. What part of the city is the meet?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 PM

Hey Kam..nice talking to u 2day....i LOVE the setup..I think this is the perfect pipe for our gen...
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 AM

That exhaust looks insane!!!! Let us know if we can setup group buy..
Old 06-27-2010, 05:20 PM

SOUND CLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by gordoe
SOUND CLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crap, forgot to do that with Kam

Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM

crap, forgot to do that with Kam

Seriously?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ricko
Seriously?
sorry, Kam and I were too busy racing

KillaKam (silver), k757 (white)
Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 AM

what were your times?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
what were your times?
Sorry for the completely off topic post

I think we ran head-to-head twice and back-to-back a twice and I think I took him 3 of 4 when we compared slips but Kam won his 2nd qualifying race and I lost, so he got further than I did .

We were both completely new to the track so I'm sure things wouldn't play out the same next time, plus the heat was unbearable (cars could never cool down) so I'm sure that affected the times.

I ranged from 14.5-14.8... fun times I hope to photograph my slips tonight and get them posted in a different thread
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM

Sorry for the completely off topic post

I think we ran head-to-head twice and back-to-back a twice and I think I took him 3 of 4 when we compared slips but Kam won his 2nd qualifying race and I lost, so he got further than I did .

We were both completely new to the track so I'm sure things wouldn't play out the same next time, plus the heat was unbearable (cars could never cool down) so I'm sure that affected the times.

I ranged from 14.5-14.8... fun times I hope to photograph my slips tonight and get them posted in a different thread
times are a lil slow, but i guess heat played a big factor saturday
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Here is a video (sorry it was windy when the video was taken but you can still hear it) of the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust taken at Maxus 2010:

Last edited by KillaKam; 06-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New Borla Exhaust in development!!