7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage door Opener???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Garage door Opener???

Anyone ever get the garage opener on the mirror to work? I cant seem to get mine to cooperate!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jixxxer
Anyone ever get the garage opener on the mirror to work? I cant seem to get mine to cooperate!

Yep Mine works fine.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM

I actually had to get the garage door opener mfg a call to get mine to sync up correctly but the process they walked me thru worked great.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:08 PM

don't call anybody

program the homelink from the remote first. at this point it WONT work. then have a friend press the learning button on the garage door opener, then press THE SAME homelink button you already programmed 2-3 times, .5 sec a piece.

enjoy your garage door opening abilities!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM

ive tried to set it a few times also, and i cant get it to work. i know on some garage openers, there is a mfgr over ride you need to switch off, so that the mirror can sync up like mentioned above.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 AM

he could always read the "rolling code" section in the manual as well
Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by shdwonthsun
he could always read the "rolling code" section in the manual as well
Perhaps,
But on mine, even though it would work with my old 300M, wife's Jeep, and wireless remote, it would not sync with the Max until I got with the garage door opener mfg who walked me thru some "not in either of the manuals" steps.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by LtLeary
Perhaps,
But on mine, even though it would work with my old 300M, wife's Jeep, and wireless remote, it would not sync with the Max until I got with the garage door opener mfg who walked me thru some "not in either of the manuals" steps.
hmm. perhaps its based on the generation of the garage door opener?

what were those steps?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM

I read the directions in the owners manual. Took a couple times cause there is a precise way to do it. Mine works great...
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by shdwonthsun
hmm. perhaps its based on the generation of the garage door opener?

what were those steps?
Pardon my poor memory, it was about 2 years ago, but they ran me thru some reset procedures that were NOT in the garage door's owner's manual (even stayed on the line with me as I went thru their process!) After that, pairing(re-pairing) the various homelink devices in the Max, Jeep, and wireless opener went without a hitch. The standard reset/learning procedure in the supplied manual (although worked for the Jeep and opener) did not do the trick!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:35 AM

Mine worked with no problems and I have a "rolling code" opener. Make sure it's in "learn" mode.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Love my '09

Both my Garage and the gate opener programmed just fine. Now if I could only find something for the 3rd button!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a situation where I could get both of our homelink-equipped cars to work, but not at the same time. When I programmed Car2, Car1 quit working. When I went back and re-programmed Car1, Car2 quit working. I went back and forth several times that way.

I finally called the the garage door opener manufacturer and they said the opener can only store a certain number (6?) of codes and if you try to program an additional one it will overwrite the last one. The suggested fix was to reset the opener to wipe out all the codes and start from scratch. Kind of a pain, because we also have a couple of handheld wireless transmitters plus a wall mount wireless that all had to be re-programmed, but it did the trick. Both homelinks work now.

-randyjpe
Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Both my Garage and the gate opener programmed just fine. Now if I could only find something for the 3rd button!!!!
use the button to turn out the outside lights of the house when it dark
Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 PM

You don't have three garage doors? How can you afford a Maxima?

Actually, I have only two garage doors and one gate to open. Living out in the middle of a seven acre field in a rural area, I have six pairs of floodlights around the outside of our home that are motion-activated, and lights inside the home that stay on 24/7, so three buttons on the mirror is exactly what I needed.

A home in the county where I live was broken into this morning, the four occupants were hogtied and the home robbed. Living out of the sight of neighbors is sort of scary in these days of extremely high unemployment. Even though we have the best security system we could find, by the time the alarm brought help, we could both already be dead. I always hide my Maxima keys in a place in the home nobody would never suspect. Take my life if you will, but never my Maxima.

It is bad enough that copper thieves have taken the tubing out of hundreds of AC units in this county (destroying them) this year, but now they are cutting major phone cables and pulling them from the ground along the highway (for the copper). And this is supposed to be the best-policed county in Georgia. Thank goodness for cell phones.

If you travel through the Atlanta area, be extremely careful on the interstate system. Metal thieves have stolen hundreds of grate covers along the emergency lanes, and you could find your car in freefall.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM

Homelink short video guidng you:
http://www.homelink.com/program_video.php

Directions on programing:
http://www.homelink.com/program_instruct.php

Worked fine for me! Goodluck
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Take my life if you will, but never my Maxima.

spoken like a champion!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Love my '09

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
You don't have three garage doors? How can you afford a Maxima?

A home in the county where I live was broken into this morning, the four occupants were hogtied and the home robbed. Living out of the sight of neighbors is sort of scary in these days of extremely high unemployment. Even though we have the best security system we could find, by the time the alarm brought help, we could both already be dead. I always hide my Maxima keys in a place in the home nobody would never suspect. Take my life if you will, but never my Maxima.

...now they are cutting major phone cables and pulling them from the ground along the highway (for the copper).
Nope, a doublewide garage door. But we don't park in the garage actually. Mine is covered, outside, under the streetlight in the driveway.

I fortunately have lots of neighbors, my alarm is pretty quick. (Too quick actually, just got a nastygram from the county from a patrol visit) LOL And a deputy lives right down the street and keeps his car parked in front on the street, which makes an awesome deterrent. Add all that to being a "castle doctrine" state where it's OK to shoot folks breaking in (and folks do) plus the fact that there's almost ALWAYS someone IN the house 24x7 and I'm not worried about home invasion.

Now, about the a$$Wipes stealing copper and phone cables, that's messed up royally. Thank heavens I'm not using copper from my place to the CP for any of that stuff. Guess Fiber optics isn't a big recycle item.

As far as the other comment about the lights and the switch. I already tried that. The car remote doesn't seem to want to read my X10 control system, and even if it did, I could only program 1 set to it which would make it mostly worthless.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:20 PM

And a deputy lives right down the street and keeps his car parked in front on the street, which makes an awesome deterrent.
One would think so... My father is a sheriff deputy and a couple of times cars have been broken into on their street, even his police car once while he was awake in the living room. He got up to let the dog out and they ran once he opened to door. The gut and lack or respect or morals on the of these (like you put it) a$$wipes now a days is unbelievable.

Btw what's up, long time no chat...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM

I have a two car garage and my setup it is as follows: 1st button for one gate, 2nd for the other gate and the 3rd button opens both gates 1 and 2.

I performed the programing as noted in the manual and it was a flawless setup at the first attempt.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Yea it works for me. Was easy to program also.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:36 AM

Trade my 2002 SE for 2011 S model, and really missed homelink buttons for my door openers. I know SV model is equipped with homelink , probably I can get mirror from SV model, but i don't know will work with S model, or I need some extra stuff.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
zmos

Originally Posted by tommy20020
Trade my 2002 SE for 2011 S model, and really missed homelink buttons for my door openers. I know SV model is equipped with homelink , probably I can get mirror from SV model, but i don't know will work with S model, or I need some extra stuff.
Any will work.

Or you can do this: http://www.mitocorp.com/homelink-aut...g-mirrors.html

I put a auto dim/home link rear view in a 92 chevy blazer...You can pick a mirror up at a junk yard cheap, and install with a little electrical wiring experience.

There are only a couple of manufactures that make them for all cars regardless of brand of vehicle.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:03 PM

Just this week I replaced the Homelink mirror in my wife's Murano with one I had purchased from a wrecking yard. The new Murano had the navigation package thus the mirror did not have a compass in it. I had gotten used to the one in the old Murano and in the Maxima and wanted a mirror with the compass. I tried the one from the Max in the Murano and it worked so I purchased one identical to it. Swapping them was a snap now I have a compass again. If you want the 2011 mirror from the Murano PM me and we can work something out. All you would need is the wiring harness and that probably could be obtained from Nissan or Gentex. The wiring diagram can be found at:

http://mgtmotorsports.com/images/Gen...structions.pdf
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2young2retire
Just this week I replaced the Homelink mirror in my wife's Murano with one I had purchased from a wrecking yard. The new Murano had the navigation package thus the mirror did not have a compass in it. I had gotten used to the one in the old Murano and in the Maxima and wanted a mirror with the compass. I tried the one from the Max in the Murano and it worked so I purchased one identical to it. Swapping them was a snap now I have a compass again. If you want the 2011 mirror from the Murano PM me and we can work something out. All you would need is the wiring harness and that probably could be obtained from Nissan or Gentex. The wiring diagram can be found at:

I don't really need a compass, only Homelink for my openers, what kind of wiring harness will be necessary for Homelink installation? My existing mirror is auto dimming mirror, and there is some wires connected to mirror.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2young2retire

I don't really need a compass, only Homelink for my openers, what kind of wiring harness will be necessary for Homelink installation? My existing mirror is auto dimming mirror, and there is some wires connected to mirror.
Just find two wires, black, and red are connected to my mirror. That probably is ground, and+12 Volt Supply (switched by ignition)
I guess for Homelink I will need +12V constant power from battery.

Last edited by tommy20020; 04-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.