7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Jacked and stoned...my wheels that is.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:19 PM

This has sketchy written all over it.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 AM

These ************ have some ballz bro sorry to hear that about your wheels , if i were u id drop a freakin grenade in that security booth , homeboy had to be in on it if not then hes just to dumb to be there anyway takin up space .
Old 08-28-2011, 09:17 AM

That sucks, on the bright side its time for some new wheels..
Old 08-28-2011, 09:20 AM

Sorry about that, man. Are you in New York? seems I have seen pics of thais happening a lot in New York. Man, watch craigslist in your area. The wheels would be up real soon for sale. He stole it to sell it.

And you are in a gated commmunity? Is your house where one can steal the wheels and jump the fence? And not go through the main entrance? If everybody must go through the main entrance, then how can a thief get into your communtiy without a parking sticker or invitation from a guest? Hence, its the security guard!!!

He drove first time to make sure you were sleep and all in your household was sleep.

Second time to make sure it was save and he got his tools then and dressed in black.

Third time, he came with a buddy, he jacked the car with his buddy and stole all rims and put in his car. Went and let his buddy drive off with the wheels in another car. He let buddy in and out of your gated community.

Fourth time, security guard came around to make sure you were still sleeping and had not come out to raise the alarm yet.

Man, take a day off and follow security guard from morning till night. Satisfy your curiousity. I would.

I am surprised your car did not come with wheel locks from dealer. My 08 Maxima came new when I got it with wheel locks. And when I sold my stock 18s to buy my current 7thgen 19s, I just took my wheel lock and still using it with these 19s.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear about this. If it makes you feel any better, I deal with a new key scratch on my car EVERYDAY (Literally). I thought about spending the $$ on a camera and catch the A hole who does it everyday but I will be moving soon and don't want to go to jail for cutting up his/her face.

I already filed a police report but that got me no where. I have at least 30 keyed scratches on my white max. On the bright side, you can't really see the scratches unless you're within three feet since the car is white.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:26 PM

thanks star

Originally Posted by STARR
Old 08-28-2011, 09:04 PM

You Welcome
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 AM

I don't believe in wheel locks as I've seen one defeated too easily right before my eyes when my friend was proving a point. That was over ten years ago so you gotta figure even if the locks get better, the thieves would be right there with them.

Motion activated lamps? Better get the kind that a thief can't just unscrew the bulb out of!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM

I have two Gorilla wheel locks per wheel. They're cheap and if it causing them to take a few more minutes to remove the wheels that might be the difference with catching them in the act. Oh by the way, did I mention that I have a Glock as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Holy ****, someone would get shot over this is my town lol
Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 PM

hi guys. once again thanks for the sympathetic posts. just a quick update. according to the cops, it was totally "an inside job" by inside he means within the community. we do have security cameras, but again, if it was someone within our community the cameras wont catch anyone unless they carried the wheels out in a pick up truck. otherwise, the cameras would only see cars leaving and no additional info about whats in it. btw, the community probably has about 600 homes total.

the cops are looking into the security, but like someone here said, it would be pretty risky of them . what if the guys were caught and then turned in the security. wouldnt be the first time it happens i guess.

the dealer had a visit from my adjuster from geico. grand total of over $5500. wow, never realized how expensive the wheels were.

i'm def going to get wheel locks. anything i can do to make it a little harder for those bastards i will do.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Ask your neighbors across the street and a few houses up and down if they have security cameras. I'm sure they would be more than willing to help out knowing such a theft happened next to them.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

I told you it was an inside job. Check my post #44. That is my guess. Glad you would get your wheels replaced by insurance. In a gated community, strangers cannot come and steal wheels like that. The lookout on that theft was the security guard. That is my best guess. Your wheels would be up for sale soon for a ridiculously low price. Watchout for it on craigslist!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 PM

You may want to consider a McGard wheel installation kit, I've been using these for years. Whats nice is it comes with 16 spline drive lugnuts and 4 wheel locks. Your common thieves won't have a spline drive socket with them, let alone a key for the locks. The quality of these kits is great.

http://shop.mcgard.com/chrome-spline...action=related
Old 08-30-2011, 07:48 PM

I'm assuming from how nice the house in your pic looks, you have a garage. If you do, I would recommend cleaning it out so you can park you car inside it. That should solve any more potential future wheel thefts.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD
You may want to consider a McGard wheel installation kit, I've been using these for years. Whats nice is it comes with 16 spline drive lugnuts and 4 wheel locks. Your common thieves won't have a spline drive socket with them, let alone a key for the locks. The quality of these kits is great.

Wow..this kit is the real deal. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Ask your neighbors across the street and a few houses up and down if they have security cameras. I'm sure they would be more than willing to help out knowing such a theft happened next to them.

This is a great idea! I'm going to knock on houses this afternoon and see. Hopefully someone has something.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 AM

http://www.powerlock.com/wheelsafe.php
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD

McGard is the brand Nissan uses for the OEM locks - they're trash I hate to say it. You can take these off using a $15 socket set from any auto store, hammer on the socket take them off. How do I know? I lost my key and took them off with no problem...I have the Gorilla locks now with the outer shell that spin
Old 08-31-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm assuming from how nice the house in your pic looks, you have a garage. If you do, I would recommend cleaning it out so you can park you car inside it. That should solve any more potential future wheel thefts.
I would love to park it in the garage. My issue is that its a one car garage and I have a motorcycle in it.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
McGard is the brand Nissan uses for the OEM locks - they're trash I hate to say it. You can take these off using a $15 socket set from any auto store, hammer on the socket take them off. How do I know? I lost my key and took them off with no problem...I have the Gorilla locks now with the outer shell that spin
Do you have a link to the one you bought
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM

Ordered a set...hopefully it gets to me on time so that the max isnt home without these. It SUCKS that I'm "scared" to leave my car at home without some kind of extra protection! I want to find these guys and give them a good old fashioned a$$ whooping!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rich007007
Ordered a set...hopefully it gets to me on time so that the max isnt home without these. It SUCKS that I'm "scared" to leave my car at home without some kind of extra protection! I want to find these guys and give them a good old fashioned a$$ whooping!
Sucks you have to be scared when it's your car in a gated community on your property, besides the wheel locks, you can also add a night vision camera and or a motion sensitive light, my car sits outside in a gated apartment complex, I park on a bend that has constant traffic coming in and out, but I added wheel locks when I realized 7th Gens are a rare sight where I live and I'm surrounded by older generations, not to mention the hand print I found on my passenger side front fender, but that was in the 1st apartment I lived in, I have move to a new place thankfully

As for the good old fashion *** whooping, actually after reading and knowing about more then a few unlucky individuals who are in jail for catching petty criminals in the act, I would much rather find these dumbasses and just steal their wheels over and over
Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM

yea as everyone says they just keep casual thieves away and make determined thieves come back with more tools or whatever. at least with the rotating sleeve they cant hammer on a basic socket set and take them off. even if they use the same key might not hurt to get 2 sets of wheel locks, ive hearda people undoing all the regular locks and then twisting/breaking the last one off with the wheel lock on it
Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM

I worked as a tech for more then a few years, I saw plenty of cars roll into the dealer on a flatbed with stolen wheels, 9 times out of 10, aftermarket wheels but stock wheels do get stolen but, if you make something stock slightly harder to steal, thieves will move from your car to the next identical car

Now determined thieves, I know of several instances that wheels theft happened, and considering the circumstances, the area, the amount of security, the timing, and what it took to steal the wheels, I think an application to bestbuy, standing around for a couple weeks would get you the money faster and easier then the obstacles one or several, would have to get around to steal a set of wheels
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM

have you looked into the stones at all? From the pics they looks used, granted whoever stole your wheels might have stolen them as well, but drive around your neighborhood and see if there is a retaining wall or something thing that has these stones missing. 90% odds that's your culprits house, in my experience people are dumb....really dumb.....
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM

I would love to park it in the garage. My issue is that its a one car garage and I have a motorcycle in it.
Sell the motorcycle
Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by vr4z06gt
have you looked into the stones at all? From the pics they looks used, granted whoever stole your wheels might have stolen them as well, but drive around your neighborhood and see if there is a retaining wall or something thing that has these stones missing. 90% odds that's your culprits house, in my experience people are dumb....really dumb.....
You do bring up a good point. There is no way they 100% completely covered their tracks doing this.

Then again, what was the motive to steal factory wheels? Maybe one of the crooked security personnel either has a Maxima, or a friend that owns one? Or another vehicle that the bolt pattern matches with? If they do try to sell them, they're gonna wait and let the heat die down before they post them up for sale on Craig's List or any other site, if they aren't completely stupid. It's even possible that the thief is trolling this thread laughing his **** off right now knowing how he got away with it.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM

I'll tell you they really did a clean job. Doesn't look like they damaged the car body in any way. I've seen cars at the dealers with the rims stolen and they lais the car on cidar blocks an ****ed up all the side skirts on the car.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM

hi guys. once again thanks for the sympathetic posts. just a quick update. according to the cops, it was totally "an inside job" by inside he means within the community. we do have security cameras, but again, if it was someone within our community the cameras wont catch anyone unless they carried the wheels out in a pick up truck. otherwise, the cameras would only see cars leaving and no additional info about whats in it. btw, the community probably has about 600 homes total.

the cops are looking into the security, but like someone here said, it would be pretty risky of them . what if the guys were caught and then turned in the security. wouldnt be the first time it happens i guess.

the dealer had a visit from my adjuster from geico. grand total of over $5500. wow, never realized how expensive the wheels were.

i'm def going to get wheel locks. anything i can do to make it a little harder for those bastards i will do.
IS GEICO giving the dealer the money or u r getting the money...take that 5.5K and buy some nice Vossen. Glad the insurance taking care of it.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
IS GEICO giving the dealer the money or u r getting the money...take that 5.5K and buy some nice Vossen. Glad the insurance taking care of it.
They pay the dealer directly, they wont make the check out to the individual.

To the person who got the wheels stolen make sure the rims are new! Geico will go the slightly used route first. Make sure you ask. I had the same wheels stolen and they tried to pull that. Also get a full set of locks not just a couple. I went with the Gorilla locks and did one spinning and 4 spline on each tire. It definitely deters because they tried again and gave up after breaking off two locks on one tire!

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by nemesis04

To the person who got the wheels stolen make sure the rims are new! Geico will go the slightly used route first. Make sure you ask. I had the same wheels stolen and they tried to pull that. Also get a full set of locks not just a couple. I went with the Gorilla locks and did one spinning and 4 spline on each tire. It definitely deters because they tried again and gave up after breaking off two locks on one tire!

Good luck!
Depends, the insurance company could give the vehicle owner the money. I think it really comes down to the lien holder. I know with my last vehicle and my wife's, any claims pay directly to us. Its our decision what we want to do with the money. The insurance is there to reimburse you any financial loss associated with the vehicle. Its up to you if you want to keep the money or return the vehicle to original condition, or some combination thereof. If there is still a significant amount of money owed on the car then I would imagine the lien holder would make sure it gets fixed instead of the owner receiving a cash payment. Even if the lien holder required it gets fixed, I would be willing to bet that the OP is free to do that as he pleases (in terms of getting it fixed i.e. after marker or replacement OEM), and can pocket the difference if there is one.

If it were me I would call the insurance company and request the check be made out to me, you might need approval from your lien holder again, and get the stuff you want for replacement. I did that previously when my wife got rear ended, before we finished paying off the car, because I could fix it for 1/3 the price of the estimate. So after our deductible we 'made' a few hundred bucks.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM

Sell the motorcycle
You sooo crazy. lol
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by vr4z06gt

I did. The stones came from the house across the street. The house has been empty for a little over a year.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by nemesis04

Good luck!
Yeah, they are going to be new. Thats the reason they are taking so long.

As for the wheel locks, I am getting 20 locks so hopefully that will make them take a lot longer to get 20 of them off.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/30/387...rocks-hit.html

awesome
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 PM

seriously who carries a crossbow much less can shoot a person from a moving vehicle with one lls
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

man thats not coo at all how they got you for your rims, i can't laugh at that, i hope they catch them, best of luck

Last edited by Dluv; 09-01-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Please tell me you're getting that check for 5500 in the mail. You can get a set of the same wheels with new tires off here for probably 1500 and then use the other 3500 for cool stuff.

Quick Reply: Jacked and stoned...my wheels that is.