7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof wing And Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by funnyman82
You tried shadow.speed on ebay?
No I ended up with HappyBuyItNow but it is ordered. Being painted by them now before they send it! I'll post pics when it gets in...😎
Old 06-04-2014, 07:42 AM

Finally bought one from ShadowSpeed and have a couple questions about install. I lined it up on the car and mine is straight, not curved so it won't butt up against the roof. Are they all straight and you have to bend it?

Is this how I would mount it?
-clean the window with alcohol
-then add the adhesion promotor (tube that was included with spoiler) to the window?
-then start at one side and remove the double sided tape and apply to window?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to have a sloppy looking roof spoiler!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by JD-MAX
Finally bought one from ShadowSpeed and have a couple questions about install. I lined it up on the car and mine is straight, not curved so it won't butt up against the roof. Are they all straight and you have to bend it? Is this how I would mount it? -clean the window with alcohol -then add the adhesion promotor (tube that was included with spoiler) to the window? -then start at one side and remove the double sided tape and apply to window? Sorry for all the questions, don't want to have a sloppy looking roof spoiler!
Yes, it is straight and you have to bend it. I'd recommend installing it with somebody there to help. As for my install: cleaned area, alcohol wipe, adhesive promoter, started the install on one side and removed the tape as I went along, got it to about halfway on rear window, had person assisting me hold down what I just did firmly in place as I went to other side of the car to complete. We both held it in place for a good 2-3 minutes before letting go; it was hot and dry outside at the time and it's been about 2 months now with no problems at all. Bingo bango, done and done
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Finally bought one from ShadowSpeed and have a couple questions about install. I lined it up on the car and mine is straight, not curved so it won't butt up against the roof. Are they all straight and you have to bend it?

Is this how I would mount it?
-clean the window with alcohol
-then add the adhesion promotor (tube that was included with spoiler) to the window?
-then start at one side and remove the double sided tape and apply to window?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to have a sloppy looking roof spoiler!
I think that's the right way to do it but I thought it was supposed to be mounted to the actual roof and not the window?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dudemaine
Yes, it is straight and you have to bend it. I'd recommend installing it with somebody there to help. As for my install: cleaned area, alcohol wipe, adhesive promoter, started the install on one side and removed the tape as I went along, got it to about halfway on rear window, had person assisting me hold down what I just did firmly in place as I went to other side of the car to complete. We both held it in place for a good 2-3 minutes before letting go; it was hot and dry outside at the time and it's been about 2 months now with no problems at all. Bingo bango, done and done
Dudemaine coming through again with good stuff! Adhesion promoter on the glass, not the 3M tape right?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:53 PM

Dudemaine coming through again with good stuff! Adhesion promoter on the glass, not the 3M tape right?
Correct, adhesion promoter on the glass. The roof wing (or rear window spoiler) does get installed at the very top of the rear window where it meets the roof and not on the roof itself!

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:02 PM

After seeing the Stillen Roof spoiler right next to my "noodle" spoiler, I am now def buying the stillen. It looks good. Not cheap and tacky. and doesn't "flip up" like the noodle. It is nice an stream-line to the shape of the car.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Just installed my roof wing. Bought the wing for $85.00 from Shadow Speed on ebay. Not a bad buy. I bought the piece painted in white QX3 to match the factory color. It is a tiny bit more white, but it blends in fairly well. Liking this look!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G...629_190100.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Y...629_185956.jpg
Old 06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks great! I bought mine from the same guy a little while back.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by touvang1210
Just installed my roof wing. Bought the wing for $85.00 from Shadow Speed on ebay. Not a bad buy. I bought the piece painted in white QX3 to match the factory color. It is a tiny bit more white, but it blends in fairly well. Liking this look!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G...629_190100.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Y...629_185956.jpg
Looks great! I got mine in a while ago and still haven't put it on, my rear glass get shattered from hail has kept my car in the shop. How was the insall, did you do it with another person? I lined mine up on the car and it seemed like I will definitely have to bend it a bit to fit the curve of the car.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:59 AM

So the stillen one is better than the ebay one, if you don't care about price?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anyone have pics of the STILLEN on their ride? I'd like to see it vs. the Shadow Speed wing...
Old 01-18-2016, 11:27 AM

Anyone interested, I have a brand new ShadowSpeed spoiler still in the box. I never put it on and am now selling my ride. It's painted Silver, will get back with paint code if anyone interested.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi all ,

We are Happybuyitnow@ Extremespoiler .

We like to thank you again for your supports over years .

We are now establishing our FB/ Instragram / website -> extremespoiler.com

Please come to our websites to share your feelings about our products.

Every comment is welcome and helpful to us.

P.S. Now we have promotional price for return customers.
Pls call us 562-8461231 or visit our website -> extremespoiler.com

Best Regards ,
AJ
Happybuyitnow
Extremespoiler