7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Tech Bulletin 2010 SV

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Sunroof Tech Bulletin 2010 SV

Since I have bought my 2010 SV, I have experienced a "popping" noise form the rear sunroof area. The dealer that I bought it from is in NH and the roads there have barely any bumps, so its harder to duplicate when I bring it there. I live in Boston, which has very bumpy roads, so the noise occurs more frequently. I have brought it to the dealer twice and have been able to duplicate it here and there and they are giving me the run around. They first said they couldn't hear it, so I brought them for a ride and duplicated it. Then they said its normal noise associated with body role, which I thought was BS. Then they said that they had never heard of a bulletin for this problem, so I provided it to them. Then they told me that they could do the work, but they have never been able to successfully drop a headliner in these cars without creasing the headliner. Now, I know that I am being fed a bill of goods, but I want this noise gone, so is it worth chancing the headliner getting creased?

My dealer that I bought my 07 from and got my car serviced with is light years better with diagnosing and fixing problems, but I haven't brought my new car to them yet. I want the dealer that I bought it from to fix the problems, because I do not know what is and is not covered under my extended factory warranty that I paid $2500 for.

Has anyone else had this TSB done to their car? What has been your experience?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by edp123
Since I have bought my 2010 SV, I have experienced a "popping" noise form the rear sunroof area. The dealer that I bought it from is in NH and the roads there have barely any bumps, so its harder to duplicate when I bring it there. I live in Boston, which has very bumpy roads, so the noise occurs more frequently. I have brought it to the dealer twice and have been able to duplicate it here and there and they are giving me the run around. They first said they couldn't hear it, so I brought them for a ride and duplicated it. Then they said its normal noise associated with body role, which I thought was BS. Then they said that they had never heard of a bulletin for this problem, so I provided it to them. Then they told me that they could do the work, but they have never been able to successfully drop a headliner in these cars without creasing the headliner. Now, I know that I am being fed a bill of goods, but I want this noise gone, so is it worth chancing the headliner getting creased?

My dealer that I bought my 07 from and got my car serviced with is light years better with diagnosing and fixing problems, but I haven't brought my new car to them yet. I want the dealer that I bought it from to fix the problems, because I do not know what is and is not covered under my extended factory warranty that I paid $2500 for.

Has anyone else had this TSB done to their car? What has been your experience?
For $2500 they should replace the entire GD roof if they can't fix it correctly. Sounds like they are fleecing you every which way. $2500 for an ESC, not bothering to look up the TSB, BS about creasing the headliner. WTF?

I bought my car from a dealer that's over an hour away from where I live. I bring it to a dealer that's closer to me and they treat me like I bought the car from them.

If you can't get any satisfaction from the NH dealer just bring it to the one you are most comfortable with. The worst they're gonna tell you is that it's not covered under warranty.

I feel your pain ... stick with it until you are satisfied.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
For $2500 they should replace the entire GD roof if they can't fix it correctly. Sounds like they are fleecing you every which way. $2500 for an ESC, not bothering to look up the TSB, BS about creasing the headliner. WTF?

I bought my car from a dealer that's over an hour away from where I live. I bring it to a dealer that's closer to me and they treat me like I bought the car from them.

If you can't get any satisfaction from the NH dealer just bring it to the one you are most comfortable with. The worst they're gonna tell you is that it's not covered under warranty.

I feel your pain ... stick with it until you are satisfied.

The warranty I got was through Nissan, the only thing that is not covered is wearable items, i.e. brakes, tires, bulbs, etc. (at least according to the dealer). I had a similar warranty through the dealer of my 6th Gen, and it was a good investment.

I would prefer to go to the one closer to me, as this dealer an hour away from me totally sucks. I have never dealt with more unprofessional and incompetent people, ever. Which makes me almost answer my own question, do I really want those people ripping down my headliner and messing with my side airbags. I just want them to fix it on principal now I guess.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by edp123
The warranty I got was through Nissan, the only thing that is not covered is wearable items, i.e. brakes, tires, bulbs, etc. (at least according to the dealer). I had a similar warranty through the dealer of my 6th Gen, and it was a good investment.

I would prefer to go to the one closer to me, as this dealer an hour away from me totally sucks. I have never dealt with more unprofessional and incompetent people, ever. Which makes me almost answer my own question, do I really want those people ripping down my headliner and messing with my side airbags. I just want them to fix it on principal now I guess.
$2500 seems a bit steep. I got offered $1800 for 7(?) years, 120k miles, bumper to bumper covg.

Typically the first or second time you successfully make a claim against the warranty, it pays for itself.

Just in case I ever decide to buy/service a car in NH, which dealership is it? Please don't say Port City.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
$2500 seems a bit steep. I got offered $1800 for 7(?) years, 120k miles, bumper to bumper covg.

Typically the first or second time you successfully make a claim against the warranty, it pays for itself.

Just in case I ever decide to buy/service a car in NH, which dealership is it? Please don't say Port City.

Team Nissan in Manchester. They got me a really good price on the car, and it is loaded. But that is where my good experience stopped. It has been a terrible experience post-sale with dealing with them. The one tech I dealt with last time was a younger kid, and he was actually quite helpful and showed a willingness to correct the problem, but I should not have to go back three times to get a brake problem fixed and roof screws re torqued. Its not easy for me to get up there, and gas is not exactly cheap.

If you are in Mass, go to Clay Nissan. I bought my 07 there brand new and should have just done the same thing. The entire time I owned the car there was never even a hiccup in service, everyone and everything was always 150%. I cannot say enough about that dealership.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:10 PM

When you find a good dealership stick with them. My local dealer blows even though I recommended 2 friends to them who alkctually bought cars. I now go to a dealer thats 45 miles away because they took care of me with my trade in and certified purchase. My local dealer doesn't even have certified cars, but they are quick to try and get you out of a dependable car.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
When you find a good dealership stick with them. My local dealer blows even though I recommended 2 friends to them who alkctually bought cars. I now go to a dealer thats 45 miles away because they took care of me with my trade in and certified purchase. My local dealer doesn't even have certified cars, but they are quick to try and get you out of a dependable car.

This was a huge lesson learned for me. The dealer that I prefer to go to was just quite a bit more money for the comparable car. The funny thing is that I am sure they will take care of me the same way even though I didn't buy the car with them. I scheduled an appointment to have the sunroof issue looked at with them next week. As for the brake issue,,,, the dealer in Manchester will need to fix this, as the other dealer won't warranty brakes on a car that they did not sell.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 AM

What's the TSB on the sunroof ?