7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting a newer Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wanting a newer Maxima

Hey guys first post here. I currently have a 2000 Maxima and looking to upgrade in the next few months. Just looking for any general advice when looking a for one. I'm wanting a 2009 or newer with leather seats, can't stand the cloth in my 2000. Any known issues I should look for? Is it worth it to get the sport package? My price range is around 20k and I've seen a few out there with low mileage, i"ll just have to travel to get them. Thanks Guys
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Right on man, welcome to the forums. There have been a few issues with the 2009's that the later ones don't have, but nothing that should make you not want to buy an '09. I'm talking specifically about one fuse that you'd have to pull to prevent future headache. Anyway, if you get an '09, just come back and ask about it. It's not a big deal. Lol

Some more info: the '09 and '10 years come with longer warranties on the transmission than the '11's and beyond. Same tranny, just Nissan was offering a longer warranty (probably because they wanted to alleviate potential buyers hesitation with a cvt's reliability). Just food for thought. I think those years have 10 year/120k mile tranny warranties or something like that. Really good.

If you want leather, you want an SV model, not an S. Your 3 choices will be SV, SV sport, or SV premium. Can't go wrong with any of them. Personally I have premium and I love it. I've been slowly upgrading to get the extras that the sport pkg comes with (upgraded my springs and rear sway bar, added the rear spoiler). I'd recommend at least getting sport or premium, and let the deciding factor be your wheels. If the stock 18" wheels are fine and you won't care to upgrade, then don't worry about getting the sport pkg which comes with 19's. In my case, I REALLY wish that the premium came with the 19's. If it had, I wouldn't be wanting to upgrade. Since it didn't, upgrading my wheels is a purchase of at least $1500 in my future that I didn't really think about before I bought the car. Like I said, there are a few differences between the packages but the big one to consider IMO is the wheels. (If you get a sport pkg and don't care for those wheels, let me know. Lol. I'll buy em off of ya. )

Don't bother getting the navi, it's just mediocre. Your smartphone is better.

The '09 requires an extra piece for streaming your music through Bluetooth, if you wanted to do that. It's ready to go though in the 10's and later.

I could go on, but it's late and those are the primary things that come to my mind. Maybe others can chime in some of their thoughts.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 AM

I drove the premium and sport package and settled for the premium because of better handling, more tire grip and no need to upgrade from premium later. Rather than asking for biased opinions, drive both and see which you like best.

PS in both packages you can not fold the back seat down because of the reinforcement of the cross plate to give the car more torsional rigidity.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Serpent
The '09 requires an extra piece for streaming your music through Bluetooth, if you wanted to do that. It's ready to go though in the 10's and later.
Thats only on the tech package correct?

I've got an 11 Sport package and Bose and didn't think I was able to stream via bluetooth.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Siizzzoooo

Thats only on the tech package correct?

I've got an 11 Sport package and Bose and didn't think I was able to stream via bluetooth.
Yes you have to have tech package
Old 04-29-2013, 06:04 PM

I would get a 10+. I never buy the first year of a new model/design. IMO.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks guys,all very insightful advice. Exactly what I was looking for with just about every reply. Keep it coming.