7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

All 8th gen Max discussions go here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm in, but waiting for at least a year or so, so all the defects get worked on. But loving the style.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 PM

Fabulous!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Looks good but cant wait until it really comes out.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 AM

No, this is not the 8th generation Maxima.

We must remember that Nissan has always been very careful to not let any photos or sketches of any new Maxima generation reach public eyes until around a month before the car will be introduced at a national auto show. Even then, the early teaser first photo (probably arriving in December this time) never shows the entire car; usually just an angled look at a front corner showing the headlamps.

The auto show introduction should come in the first half of January. In February, I will try to make my usual 'new gen' trip to Smyrna to see the new generation Maximas coming down the assembly line, and in early April, I will be going to the Atlanta Auto Show to spend around four hours just checking out the 8th gen Maxima. Just a habit I have.

I will have the options and color I want finalized within a week or two after Nissan posts the specs for the 8th gen, and will then begin writing up my detailed offer letter which will probably be accepted within a few months of the time I send it in. Nissan dealers usually frown on giving deep discounts until a new gen has been out a few months.

I am very particular about my options and color, and sometimes have to search the inventory of many dozens of dealers before finding the exact car I want.

As zoemaine mentioned, the car in the post that began this thread would need to be modified in order to have enough rear seat headroom to be a Maxima, as rear seat headroom is very important in a car that actually advertises itself as an 'affordable four door FAMILY sedan.'

And it definitely will soon be time to begin getting excited. The first spy photos should be arriving in late October or November, and will be of a heavily camouflaged 8th gen either in the area of Arizona where Nissan does their 'hot' testing, or on a busy multi-lane California boulevard where Nissan does their 'traffic' testing.

I usually enlarge the spy photo, re-color the entire car in a dark color (to cover the camo), and 'white out' parts in the photo that I feel are simply part of the camo. That usually gives a decent image of the car.

New Maxima generations are always a really exciting and fun time for me.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

We must remember that Nissan has always been very careful to not let any photos or sketches of any new Maxima generation reach public eyes until around a month before the car will be introduced at a national auto show. Even then, the early teaser first photo (probably arriving in December this time) never shows the entire car; usually just an angled look at a front corner showing the headlamps.

The auto show introduction should come in the first half of January. In February, I will try to make my usual 'new gen' trip to Smyrna to see the new generation Maximas coming down the assembly line, and in early April, I will be going to the Atlanta Auto Show to spend around four hours just checking out the 8th gen Maxima. Just a habit I have.

I will have the options and color I want finalized within a week or two after Nissan posts the specs for the 8th gen, and will then begin writing up my detailed offer letter which will probably be accepted within a few months of the time I send it in. Nissan dealers usually frown on giving deep discounts until a new gen has been out a few months.

I am very particular about my options and color, and sometimes have to search the inventory of many dozens of dealers before finding the exact car I want.

As zoemaine mentioned, the car in the post that began this thread would need to be modified in order to have enough rear seat headroom to be a Maxima, as rear seat headroom is very important in a car that actually advertises itself as an 'affordable four door FAMILY sedan.'

And it definitely will soon be time to begin getting excited. The first spy photos should be arriving in late October or November, and will be of a heavily camouflaged 8th gen either in the area of Arizona where Nissan does their 'hot' testing, or on a busy multi-lane California boulevard where Nissan does their 'traffic' testing.

I usually enlarge the spy photo, re-color the entire car in a dark color (to cover the camo), and 'white out' parts in the photo that I feel are simply part of the camo. That usually gives a decent image of the car.

I was waiting for your post, Lightonthehill. Certainly gives us some insight on what the usual trend of a newly released vehicle is, especially when a Maxima is concerned. That's also a great idea regarding recoloring spy photos; I'll be giving that a shot myself!

The 2014 Detroit Concept is certainly an interesting design nonetheless, and you can definitely pull out several components of the design from current Nissan vehicles.

Any chance you could sample an offer letter to us? I found that bit very interesting. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM

Doesn't this fall in line with what Nissan's Finest (I think that's his name) was talking about in another part of the forum? Nissan Friend-Me concept front? Various GTR styling cues? I wouldn't be too quick to doubt this thing as a concept of the next Maxima.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Smile

Stlbluzoo11 - Nice thinking. I just went back and reviewed the '13 Maxima option arrangement between various Maxima levels, and after reconsideration, I think you will probably be correct that Nissan will save some of the newer goodies for upscale versions of the 8th gen Maxima, else there would be little incentive to buy the upscale versions.

The base 'S' will get a few of the newer features (to help make it 'more desirable' than the 7th generation Maxima), but the 'more expensive to produce' options will probably be staged among the more expensive versions of the Maxima.
yeah, no doubt. Lets not forget, nissan is able to develop new designs and produce leading technology because they turn a profit. Profit is not a dirty word, and none will be made if they include all the goodies at the entry level price. the sad thing is that most want the preimum options on a entry level budget :-)
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM

Infiniti an't going to sell jack chit (souped up altima) for 52k, I'll tell u that right now. They mind as well file bankruptcy.

way too many options out there in the 25k range. u can even get a super car called the corvette for about 55k...so infiniti q50 doesn't stand a chance.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BBmaxi
Infiniti an't going to sell jack chit (souped up altima) for 52k, I'll tell u that right now. They mind as well file bankruptcy.

way too many options out there in the 25k range. u can even get a super car called the corvette for about 55k...so infiniti q50 doesn't stand a chance.
Its new "Intouch" system has some major flaws and a lot are still not up to par. Lots of glitches after delay after delay, Nissan Motor Corp better get it together fast before its quality level goes down even more once people start reporting to J.D powers etc etc . http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new...cussion-forum/
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM

I concur and also if this was a concept for the 8th gen, it would take a lot longer than 3 months mid (Jan to April) to conceptualize, make changes and bring this to the market in April with a June launch (4th through 7th all launched this way). If it is........if, that would more likely mean a typical August/Sept or Oct. launch (3rd gen launched Oct of 88). I need to email my old co workers still at corporate to see if they has any insight as I have been out of the loop the past few months.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM

I really like it. I wish this was the 8th gen
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 PM

Yep....more people, even some Nissan or Maxima loyalist's for that matter will shop for the best auto value out there, period.
I fall into that group of people.
The Maxima will always take first consideration for myself, looking strongly at the second/third model year release.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 PM

8TH GEN MAXIMA:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...auto-show.html

Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM

All the other sedans in our fleet have gotten refreshed or redesigned except the Maxima. I would like to think that this would be similar to what the new one would be. Unless there is a new Nissan sedan in the works, I'd venture to say that this may be the Maxima or at least a concept where many of the exterior features may be taken to create the 8th gen. Either way, I'm happy a new Maxima is coming out that will take the breath out of the other lame cars in our category.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 PM

I like it, however I'm not a huge fan of the new tendency for a slanted line that flows from the roof all the way to the trunk.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 PM

They'd beter do something about that fastback or else it'd end up looking like a copycat Kia Optima...
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by mrcmtl
I like it, however I'm not a huge fan of the new tendency for a slanted line that flows from the roof all the way to the trunk.
I actually like this ... Gives the car a more sporty look. Very much like the GTR.

I hate the way the front grill looks though.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Little insight to a new max

I was in the dealership today for some scheduled maintenance and got to talking with a salesman while I was waiting. So I asked when the new maxima was coming out, he says next year. So then he explained it the same generation body style, but the rear end will be alittle different and there will be a option for 2.5 engine turbo charged. Sounds interesting to me. Just thought I'd share this, don't know if anyone heard this or not yet.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM

I must be late to the party on this news lol
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 PM

There will be NO 2.5 turbo Maxima
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
They'd beter do something about that fastback or else it'd end up looking like a copycat Kia Optima...
Exactly, it sure is very Optimaish from the side view.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM

So the salemans telling stories? Where'd he get this from?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 PM

it's possible but HIGHLY unlikely...... why would they re-design the rear? that is totally "stupid" from a sales point of view. no one would even notice it.... it would make sense to redesign the front to make it stand out from the 09-13's. Like with the 6th gen the 07-08 had a minor facelift...
Old 08-23-2013, 02:55 PM

several articles now quote Nissan executives saying the new Max will have a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder supercharged to produce about the same power we see now with better fuel efficiency
Old 08-23-2013, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
it's possible but HIGHLY unlikely...... why would they re-design the rear? that is totally "stupid" from a sales point of view. no one would even notice it.... it would make sense to redesign the front to make it stand out from the 09-13's. Like with the 6th gen the 07-08 had a minor facelift...
I totally agree, just simply passing along what a nissan salesman told me. To me though, a 2.5 supercharged engine/turbo would be a fun car and fuel efficient...well all just have to wait and see
Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM

I read an article somewhere a while ago saying the same thing about the 2.5L turbo. Maybe the salesman read the same article as me.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
several articles now quote Nissan executives saying the new Max will have a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder supercharged to produce about the same power we see now with better fuel efficiency
Ghozt, I can see the 8th gen coming out with a turbo 4(even BMW's/altima every manu is going that route) but not the '14 which will be the last 7th gen. I'm thinking the sales person was talking about the '14 maxima. I cant tell from OP if the sales person was talking about the '14 or '15 maxima. But to redesign only the rear of the last 7th gen is ridiculous.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy6905
I totally agree, just simply passing along what a nissan salesman told me. To me though, a 2.5 supercharged engine/turbo would be a fun car and fuel efficient...well all just have to wait and see
I'm not sure if the salesman was talking about the '14 or '15 from your post.... it doesnt matter they dont know anything about cars.. probably just blowing smoke.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM

dood the dealers are clueless.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM

Haha I agree with you guys, the guy who sold me my car, I'd spin kick him to the Adam's apple if I ever see him again. He probably did misinform me or can't read something he got. Either way I look forward to a turbo 4 cylinder if that's the plan
Old 08-23-2013, 06:33 PM

We might see the 2.5 supercharged 4 mated to nissans hybrid that is going into the Qx60/pathfinder in the Maxima/Murano. The plan is to make the hybrid engine choice less expensive. In order t do that the more they offer it the more prices go down. Currently our qx60 hybrids are expected to be at a 3000-3500 price difference over the gas. Competitors charge more for the hybrid option so you can see why offering more makes sense.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Exactly, it sure is very Optimaish from the side view.
It's one thing to copy off of a luxury performance but you can't copy of the interior vehicles. I totally agree. I'm sure they will fix that however. I like the fact that they are making the car look more square.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Love my '09

Merging THIS one too.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by smarty666
I'll tell you one thing, I am not at all impressed with what Infiniti did with the Q50. Yes, the styling is different and the interior improved, but other than that it's not a big step over what the G37 was. All they've done, is added in some extra features (like heated steering wheel, parking sensors, etc), which is stuff that has been on other cars for years now.

Not only that, but they did nothing to make a more refined/fuel efficient engine in their gas models. This was shocking to me after the direction Audi and BMW have been taking with their models, which are Infiniti's biggest competitors. The price of the Q50 has skyrocketed so ridiculous now, with no improvement with fuel economy, that the Audi and BMW is the better buy. You don't even get perforated leather interior at 36-38k anymore, you have to be over 40k with another package in order to just get that. The bargain that the G37 used to be is no longer there with the Q50. If anything, Infiniti, much like Acura has lost its way.

Nissan is doing much more innovated things with their vehicles than Infiniti is currently doing.
Actually, I couldn't disagree more. The Q has a new hybrid setup, with more engine choices including a high performance model hinted by the CEO. Infiniti is going after Lexus as well. Lexus ls600h is $120K, there is no reason Infiniti can't go after that market.

The Q50 is still a bargain, if you don't don't load it up. The Q50 addreeses some of the common "heard round the internet" criticisms of the G.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlDente67
I hear you, but I don't really want AWD because the number of times I would need it could be counted on 2 fingers (in NJ). Unless the winters take a turn for the worse around here, the AWD just adds costs that will never be justified. (weight, added retail cost, etc)

Now as an aside, my wife bought a '99 Millenia back in the day for around 30k. The car originally was priced in the low 40's as a flagship of the Mazda lineup. But nobody bought any, so they had a firesale.

The advertising of the Max is dismal as compared to the rest of the lineup. I wonder what that is doing to the sales figures. If Fiat can run great ads on the Abarth and 500 (just an example), why can't Nissan do the same?
I dont know, I live in the great garden state, you must live in a different state:

http://www.severenjwx.com/historical...y-snow-storms/

I drove my rwd BMW through some nasty wintery conditions. Did I need AWD...no, but I sure as heck wished that I had it. The AWd implementation on the G is fantastic.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 AM

Wanna bet? Why would I want a corvette? Seats two vs 4 and is useless when a snow flake falls. Unlike the AWD Q, which should perform admirably.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
I have a feeling that both the upcoming Z and Max will both offer a Turbo 2.5 4cyl and the VQ maybe for there 1st year or 2 then the V6 gets dropped! http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...35_in_pipline/
Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Maybe but how many will they sell for ~$37K which gets you a well equipped Q50
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan/...-ar160220.html

I guess Nissan is listening.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Quick Reply: All 8th gen Max discussions go here!