7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1st visit to a Nissan dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:33 AM

My 1st visit to a Nissan dealer

I bought my 2012 a few months ago from a used car lot.
Car tested out tight and does run well.
Used car dealer did OLF and minor maintenance prior to picking it up.
It has 74,000 km on it now.

Due for maintenance so I thought I'd go to dealer for their maintenance check and OLF.

Had them check for an oil leak, they said it was rustproofing material from previous. I had used car guys rustproof.

Also had them check loose driver seat and mirror turn signals not functioning.

They charged me $105.00 to tell me that the seat rocked and the mirror signals don't work.
WTF!!!

Cost to replace seat frame would be $1,525.00
Mirrors would be $1,115.00

I guess I'll be driving around with a slightly loose feeling seat and non functioning mirror signals.

Other than those items the car is in excellent shape.

Is there a fix for the seat like adding a washer and tightening the seat mount bolts?
Old 11-20-2014, 02:19 PM

Still waiting for an actual fix and not just an attempt fix on the seat.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 PM

for the seat, I have heard that some people have used a slightly 'hill billy' method to deal with the problem - they raise the seat up, place a piece of wood under the metal frame, lower the seat down. This crushes the wood down enough to place the metal seat frame under some tension and voila, the seat is solid. Well this won't work if you need the car to accommodate drivers of different leg lengths (you can't adjust the position back and forth anymore)...but it is cheap.

The turn signal mirrors, well e-bay is your friend.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bomber
I bought my 2012 a few months ago from a used car lot.
Car tested out tight and does run well.
Used car dealer did OLF and minor maintenance prior to picking it up.
It has 74,000 km on it now.

Due for maintenance so I thought I'd go to dealer for their maintenance check and OLF.

Had them check for an oil leak, they said it was rustproofing material from previous. I had used car guys rustproof.

Also had them check loose driver seat and mirror turn signals not functioning.

They charged me $105.00 to tell me that the seat rocked and the mirror signals don't work.
WTF!!!

Cost to replace seat frame would be $1,525.00
Mirrors would be $1,115.00

I guess I'll be driving around with a slightly loose feeling seat and non functioning mirror signals.

Other than those items the car is in excellent shape.

Is there a fix for the seat like adding a washer and tightening the seat mount bolts?
Isn't it nice of the dealership to charge you an hours labour for a dumb a@@ answer. I once brought my 3rd gen in to the dealership years ago to get a 2nd opinion on a mystery noise from my engine and was hoping for a descent diagnosis after i told them it sounds like it's coming from the distributor or timing belt area and they come back and tell me the same **** i told them when i brought it in which was the noise sounds like it's coming from the timing belt area or distributor. I felt like saying to them WTF did i just pay $110 for you to tell me something i already knew. I later took it to a good former nissan tech who figured it was the rear valve train which may have made sense being i had one of the heads swapped with a used one. In the end i just had a low km engine swapped in and done.

Last edited by ac max 92; 11-20-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:19 PM

I forgot to mention that the inspection included a free alignment and tire check.

I just had an alignment and brand new Michelin X Ice 3 tires installed 3 days ago.

The Nissan dealer told me that the alignment was a little off and that the tires were 83% good.

I told them the tires had better be 100% as they were supposed to be brand new 3 days ago and that their alignment system must be a little off.

The advisor just shrugged, not knowing what to say.

I'll be going to my favourite independent garage from now on.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bomber
I forgot to mention that the inspection included a free alignment and tire check.

I just had an alignment and brand new Michelin X Ice 3 tires installed 3 days ago.

The Nissan dealer told me that the alignment was a little off and that the tires were 83% good.

I told them the tires had better be 100% as they were supposed to be brand new 3 days ago and that their alignment system must be a little off.

The advisor just shrugged, not knowing what to say.

I'll be going to my favourite independent garage from now on.
Atleast your visit included a free inspection my $110 visit just included them coming back to tell me the obvious that i told them when i first brought it in but none the less why would they do an alignment when you didnt ask for one and telling you 3 day old tires were only 83% good?? They must be smokin somethin 100% good lol