7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxima Models

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 AM

Maxima Models

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between SV sport and SV Sport Package?
I was about to pick up a 2013 Maxima described as Sport but all descriptions of the car that I can find are about the Sport Package. From the description the differences are not major (wheel size, grill color, wing, auto seat memory, etc...) Most of those don't concern me but I do want what was advertised. Is there a difference?
In case there is a regional difference, I'm located in Canada.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2014, 08:33 AM

Your best bet is to get a brochure from the dealer. I have a 2010 SV with the Prem/Tech package and the brochure is the only way (that I) can tell what each different package adds or deletes. The package option I really don't care for is the rear a/c & stereo controls but it comes with the rear privacy screen.

I like the full panoramic glass roof but getting it deletes the rear fold down seats which I like. So get the brochure and check out what each package gives you, thats my advice.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 AM

"Sport" and "sport package" are the same. The terms are interchanged around here. I think that's what you are asking...
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM

Jeez I thought I had it ALL on my Max but apparently not. Rear ac & stereo controls AND a privacy screen? Idc for the controls, but what's up with that screen!? lol
Old 11-21-2014, 12:05 PM

For the 2014 I have the SV with sport and tech package. The only options that doesn't include from what I researched is that the Premium package includes interior accent lighting with many colors, dual moon roof, a remote sunshade and wood trim. The sport package of any year has the upgraded suspension and that is the biggest difference between sport and non-sport models. Also in sport at least for 2014 it gets the 19" wheels and the hypersilver color wheels and some trim. The tech adds the full Bose system and navigation although navigation comes with the premium to. There is an option for a six-disc changer without navigation but with it's not an option, being tech package and possibly others have usb inputs for flash and external hard drives the six cd changer is probably not seen in most as it's almost obsolete. It really goes by each year and model and one has to do some research to get answers. Best bet is a dealership to find out specifics. Even the same exact models of the same year can be different because of included options.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:32 PM

Whaaat is this interior accent lighting in many colors? Hahaha apparently I've never been inside my car before.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by VVhite-0ut
Jeez I thought I had it ALL on my Max but apparently not. Rear ac & stereo controls AND a privacy screen? Idc for the controls, but what's up with that screen!? lol
They only offered the rear seat arm rest controls for a couple years, I know they did not offer it on the 12+.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
They only offered the rear seat arm rest controls for a couple years, I know they did not offer it on the 12+.
That's correct. In fact, 2010 was the last year they offered it. Additionally, it was also the last year they put in the auto up/down feature for all four windows. One of the reasons I love my 2010.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by T200
That's correct. In fact, 2010 was the last year they offered it. Additionally, it was also the last year they put in the auto up/down feature for all four windows. One of the reasons I love my 2010.
Sorry T200 but thats not accurate. My 2011 premium tech has all 4 auto up and down windows, a nice feature i might add. :-) now to add the rear ac controls.....hmm the project begins lol. I read a thread about someone trying to install this in a 11 but they didnt get anywhere. I have teenagers so this would actually be a nice thing to add in so they can mess with the radio instead of me.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My daughter really likes the rear audio controls.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nitehawk11sv
Sorry T200 but thats not accurate. My 2011 premium tech has all 4 auto up and down windows, a nice feature i might add. :-) now to add the rear ac controls.....hmm the project begins lol. I read a thread about someone trying to install this in a 11 but they didnt get anywhere. I have teenagers so this would actually be a nice thing to add in so they can mess with the radio instead of me.
Thanks for the correction, Hawk. It must be on the '12 that they changed the auto up/down.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nitehawk11sv
As info, the rear seat ac/heating controls available in early year 7th gens with Premium package are simply hooked up to the front passenger HVAC controls. Turning the ac or heat up or down from the rear seat in those Maximas simply overrides the front passenger seat heating/cooling controls, which may not be welcomed by whoever is sitting in the front passenger seat.

My granddaughters always play with the rear seat audio controls. I have the option of disabling the rear seat controls from the driver's seat, but I usually simply turn the 'fade' on the audio to full rear, putting the music full blast into the rear speakers. That satisfies both my granddaughters and myself.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
As info, the rear seat ac/heating controls available in early year 7th gens with Premium package are simply hooked up to the front passenger HVAC controls.
Thats exactly the obstacle, light. Lol. The wiring should be fun to dive into. I have a lead on a rear ac unit i can pick up for cheap, but just worried my 11 didnt come pre wired for it. Thats the issue the other member ran into. Im not worried about the cancel button up front either, but i guess would be nice for aesthetic purposes only.