7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:51 AM

I recently bought this on eBay. No instructions included, just a link to the website which are not step by step. Was hoping it would come with simple to understand instructions.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:44 PM

Did the install today. Wasn't too bad. Only thing I messed up on was the parking light wire. There are two different red/blue wires that look exactly the same. I didn't follow it all the way up because I didn't want to cut the factory tape and I didn't realize there were two that looked the same. Oops. Oh well, it works great. It does however let me start it with the hood and door open. I assumed the system would realize they were open.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:44 AM

Ordered mine last night, thanks for the heads up Tommy! We'll see how it goes
Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

have anybody installed the CRIMESTOPPER REVO RF antenna add on ?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:47 PM

We've found that if we let it run long enough that it shuts the engine down, it unlocks the doors as well. Anyone else have this issue.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:58 AM

How long did the install take for this?
Old 12-13-2015, 06:09 AM

mine was quick, if you look over everything and are familiar with the install before tackling it take under an hour.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by brichi
mine was quick, if you look over everything and are familiar with the install before tackling it take under an hour.
Did you have to buy that harness or that module from the first picture is everything I will need?
Old 12-13-2015, 10:10 AM

nope, the eve-all i ordered came with everything
Old 12-14-2015, 11:12 AM

Hello Everyone:

Just bought this and going to install as I plan on keeping the car for a while...

Anywho my question is -- How does the car respond when the doors are unlocked does the car die and require a restart using the FOB?
Old 12-15-2015, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by mikekay
Hello Everyone:

Just bought this and going to install as I plan on keeping the car for a while...

Anywho my question is -- How does the car respond when the doors are unlocked does the car die and require a restart using the FOB?
No the best part about this starter compared to the some of the aftermarket and factory ones is when you get into the car there is no other action needed expect putting the car in drive and going. My gfs last altima and current murano with the factory starters require you too push on the brake and hit the start button for the system to recognize you. Not that big of a deal for everyone but just getting in and going is a huge plus for me
Old 12-15-2015, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy6905
No the best part about this starter compared to the some of the aftermarket and factory ones is when you get into the car there is no other action needed expect putting the car in drive and going. My gfs last altima and current murano with the factory starters require you too push on the brake and hit the start button for the system to recognize you. Not that big of a deal for everyone but just getting in and going is a huge plus for me
Ah okay beauty!

But if you get into the car without the key the car will turn off correct? And the usual if you open the door from the inside after a remote start... then it should also turn off. Thats awesome just ordered mine in the mail. Wont be able to do it this weekend but maybe the next. I got an evo for my dad too -- and his will turn off when the door is opened and he needs to restart it which sucks but its a toyota thing I hear, once you start the car the FOB become inactive. I would return the car because I sometimes like to leave the car running lock the door and just run in to grab something or even when I used to 'manually' remote start. Go out start, lock doors, run back in.

Cool thanks for the quick reply.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Just ordered.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 PM

Just finished it up, everything went perfectly.

I do have a question, though, and maybe someone will know and maybe not: so I ordered three of these things and they were for an 09 Infiniti G37X (install worked perfectly), my '12 Maxima 3.5 SV (install was perfect) however the one for the 2008 Altima 2.5 S, it works when you hit OEM key fob 3x to start but it does not turn off when you press the key fob 3x lock again.

Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Can you use the Altimas key fob open or close the doors once the car is 3X started?

I have a similar issue with GF's 2008 VW Jetta. I can do 3X start but after the car starts the OEM key fob is no longer effective. You have to use the key to even get in the car. I think the Jettas CPU is programmed to ignore the fob once the vehicle is started. The car does the same thing even if the remote start is disconnected. There may not be much that can be done about that.

The remote start I installed was a Directed Electronics DBALL2. I think it works in a manner similar to the Fortin unit.

Last edited by Nopike; 12-15-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nopike
Can you use the Altimas key fob open or close the doors once the car is 3X started?

I have a similar issue with GF's 2008 VW Jetta. I can do 3X start but after the car starts the OEM key fob is no longer effective. You have to use the key to even get in the car. I think the Jettas CPU is programmed to ignore the fob once the vehicle is started. The car does the same thing even if the remote start is disconnected. There may not be much that can be done about that.

The remote start I installed was a Directed Electronics DBALL2. I think it works in a manner similar to the Fortin unit.
Good question and thank you for the feedback but to my knowledge everything works as it is supposed to except the 3x lock button to stop the car after you've already 3x lock button started it. The fob works to unlock and lock the door, you just get in the car and go without having to restart when you attempt to drive off or putting the fob in the slot or anything like that.

I mean, regardless, the shutoff is at 15 minutes if you don't drive off after you've started it. So, it's not terrible but as I said, the other ones installed work perfectly, this is just a quirky little thing that'll annoy me until it is fixed.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dudemaine
Just finished it up, everything went perfectly.

I do have a question, though, and maybe someone will know and maybe not: so I ordered three of these things and they were for an 09 Infiniti G37X (install worked perfectly), my '12 Maxima 3.5 SV (install was perfect) however the one for the 2008 Altima 2.5 S, it works when you hit OEM key fob 3x to start but it does not turn off when you press the key fob 3x lock again.

Thoughts?
Since these are programmed by the seller, id have to say the seller probably forgot to add this feature. 07-12 altima is the same setup as our 09-14 maximas. Too late now but if you installed the one you have for the maxima It would work, contact the seller, I'm sure they'll act dumb but at the very least they'll prob allow you to send the module back to program it correctly
Old 12-16-2015, 07:01 AM

You could try switching the units between two of the vehicles. That may be fairly easy to do. If the problem moves with the unit you will know that it may be the programming of that unit. The seller should reprogram it or provide a replacement unit in that case.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:00 AM

Just installed mine going, connected the parking light wire at BCM and even fitted the Lock and Unlock wires into the slots provided in the BCM connector. What I did was solder them up alot to make them nice and thick -- I shoved them into the PINS 15 & 4(Double Check!) on the green connector -- and then reconnected the BCM connector the two male pins should connect on the inside -- since the connectors wouldn't slide in (end provided by fortin) this connector is somehow totally special. Dude on the altima forums pryed the white part up -- but I didn't want the entire harness falling apart in my hands.

Anywho I haven't enabled the lock option yet, but the thing that drives me mad is after the 15min run time the car will just unlock and stay unlocked.

Can someone give me a serialnumber of their fortin (who isn't experiencing the issue) so I can check your enabled options?

Does anyone else not have this happen and didn't connect the lock/unlock @ BCM?

Last edited by mikekay; 12-29-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:40 AM

Just installed mine going, connected the parking light wire at BCM and even fitted the Lock and Unlock wires into the slots provided in the BCM connector. What I did was solder them up alot to make them nice and thick -- I shoved them into the PINS 15 & 4(Double Check!) on the green connector -- and then replaced the BCM connector the two male pins should connect on the inside -- since the connectors wouldn't slide in (end provided by fortin) this connector is somehow totally special. Dude on the altima forums pryed the white part up -- but I didn't want the entire harness falling apart in my hands.

Anywho I haven't enabled the lock option yet, but the thing that drives me mad is after the 15min run time the car will just unlock and stay unlocked.

Can someone give me a serialnumber of their fortin (who isn't experiencing the issue) so I can check your enabled options?

Does anyone else not have this happen and didn't connect the lock/unlock @ BCM?
Going to try option D5, I do have Automatic Door Lock settings turned off -- as I hate having to put it in park to get out. Pull up conditions, drop off's etc.

Hope D5 fixes it! if not I didn't connect it at the BCM correctly. Im betting we all have the same problem -- can anyone confirm?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:42 AM

Okay, I did my installed programmed my key fob and pressed Locked 3x. Nothing. I purchased it from the Amazon seller which was posted so I figured it was programmed. I am sure i did everything right. Something I could be missing?
Answered my own question lol.. it needs to be programed.

Anyone have a flasher I can buy or someone local in GA that can do it for me for a good price?

Last edited by SR20Power; 12-29-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by SR20Power
Okay, I did my installed programmed my key fob and pressed Locked 3x. Nothing. I purchased it from the Amazon seller which was posted so I figured it was programmed. I am sure i did everything right. Something I could be missing?
Answered my own question lol.. it needs to be programed.

Anyone have a flasher I can buy or someone local in GA that can do it for me for a good price?
I am local to GTA in Canada Got excited to help for a second... PM me the serial number of your fortin. I will check the status and tell you if C1 is enabled... Monitoring of OEM fob.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:12 AM

Name:  20151229_140617.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  208.1 KB

But it says "pre-loaded"
Old 12-29-2015, 11:22 AM

https://fortin.ca/en/support/001a06568702/

He must of did it all offline -- I cant see anything, you are going to need the flasher to check
Old 12-29-2015, 11:32 AM

https://fortin.ca/en/support/001a06568702/

He must of did it all offline -- I cant see anything, you are going to need the flasher to check
Well, thanks for confirming that for me. A local guy said he will load it for me which is nice of him. I will keep you guys informed.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 AM

Well, thanks for confirming that for me. A local guy said he will load it for me which is nice of him. I will keep you guys informed.
Also make sure the start button has a good connection and that push to start evo programming went okay. Everything thats in the manual has to happen exactly.

EVO-ALL programming, btw a reset procedure will reset the evo options.

Oh and make sure you have connected the RL2 wire (for maxima) not RL1
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Burgtoad67
Just purchased one of these units myself. Going to tackle the install tonight. Just so I am clear, install should go as follows:
1. All obvious T-piece connections at Key Port, Brake Switch, and OBD II Port
2. Black/white wire goes to brown wire on Push-to-start button
3. (Optional) - Brown wire goes to Parking lights (Red/blue wire) at Fuse box
4. (Optional) - Wire in pink/black wire at BCM (Light blue wire) (or door wire switch) for auto lamp shut down

The only questions I have are on the "optional" steps. I understand that not wiring in the parking lights means no light, but there is a note in the instructions that for our cars (I have an '09), if the BCM connection is not made, the car will shut off once the door is opened. Can anyone shed any light on this? Did you guys make the optional connections?
Did you end up making the optional connections? I made the connections but I am wondering if my door is unlocking because I did...

Can you test if the car unlock the doors after 15min of runtime?
Old 12-30-2015, 05:07 AM

TIP: Another thing I figured out about connecting the Parking Brake Wire @ BCM is when I unlock my car it now flashes(just parking lights, no mirror LEDS), but its cool because without it -- I never used to know if I was in range to unlock the car or not.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 AM

TIP: Another thing I figured out about connecting the Parking Brake Wire @ BCM is when I unlock my car it now flashes(just parking lights, no mirror LEDS), but its cool because without it -- I never used to know if I was in range to unlock the car or not.
Hate to be talking to myself, but I figure any info is good info to help others out there. If you want to check your BCM connections after the install. Ground the Purple white(Not Purple GOLD!), and Purple wires. If your car locks and unlocks using these wires then you are good to go! Also when programming your fortin ask for D5 to be enabled! This makes sure that when the car turns off after the 15min runtime your car does not stay unlocked. As mentioned before I disabled the Park to Unlock, Drive more than 15mph for Lock. So I dont know if that has anything to do with it. No one let me know if the 15min runtime leaves their car unlocked or not so I cant draw a conclusion there.

If anyone needs help with their install PM me, Also mine was for 2012 Maxima.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:52 PM

Wait, you can make the car unlock when put into park? How is this done? My 2011 Maxima don't unlock when put into park... I don't know if this is a new feature for the 2012+

BTW, my Fortin Flasher comes in today.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:33 AM

Wait, you can make the car unlock when put into park? How is this done? My 2011 Maxima don't unlock when put into park... I don't know if this is a new feature for the 2012+

My bad dude, its IGN off, I haven't used it in so long I forgot what it actually did. Now I remember why I hated it even more, I would say to my wife just drop this letter in the mail and would have to unlock my doors even in P with just car on... So I disabled it.

Awesome about the flasher, did you make a connection at the BCM? Don't forget to enable D5!

Mine works like a charm now.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 AM

My bad dude, its IGN off, I haven't used it in so long I forgot what it actually did. Now I remember why I hated it even more, I would say to my wife just drop this letter in the mail and would have to unlock my doors even in P with just car on... So I disabled it.
The dealer can change the setting in the 2nd or 3rd level of the computer. Default setting is doors lock when 15mph (or 16?) is reached. Doors unlock after ignition is turned off.

This can be changed to: Changing gears from park to any other gear: doors lock. Changing gear to park: doors unlock. I think it's option 2.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Strontium
The dealer can change the setting in the 2nd or 3rd level of the computer. Default setting is doors lock when 15mph (or 16?) is reached. Doors unlock after ignition is turned off.

This can be changed to: Changing gears from park to any other gear: doors lock. Changing gear to park: doors unlock. I think it's option 2.

Wow there's something I didn't know, thanks for the info man -- but still I disabled it all together. I live in what I call the country, others don't, but compared to Toronto it is. I live about an hour away. No fear someone is going to car jack me GTA style at a red light -- I prefer the convenience of stepping out when I need to.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Yeah, when I asked this question to my dealer they said they can't change the option to allow the doors to unlock when put into park. I don't like when they tell me something can't be done before even trying it. Of course it was the service writer whom is not a tech and just didn't want to do it.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:10 AM

Awesome about the flasher, did you make a connection at the BCM? Don't forget to enable D5!

Mine works like a charm now.
It didn't come yet, waiting for the UPS man to ring the door bell. And The only wired connection I made so far was to the push start Brown-silver wire..
I don't know what you wean by BCM.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:41 AM

Wow there's something I didn't know, thanks for the info man -- but still I disabled it all together. I live in what I call the country, others don't, but compared to Toronto it is. I live about an hour away. No fear someone is going to car jack me GTA style at a red light -- I prefer the convenience of stepping out when I need to.
Unfortunately, I live in a good sized city. So, it's a nice feature to have. Only thing is the dealerships in this area are horrible for service. I really don't want to sit at the dealership for 3hrs just to have this done. Not sure why the default is set to the opposite of what 99% want.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:42 AM

Yeah, when I asked this question to my dealer they said they can't change the option to allow the doors to unlock when put into park. I don't like when they tell me something can't be done before even trying it. Of course it was the service writer whom is not a tech and just didn't want to do it.
Check out page 3 of this murano forum thread. Might help you get past the 'I don't know, so I'm going to BS you' stuff...

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/1...setting-3.html
Old 01-06-2016, 05:26 AM

Check out page 3 of this murano forum thread. Might help you get past the 'I don't know, so I'm going to BS you' stuff...

Dont mean to de-rail thread BUT... Also remember if all doors dont unlock on park its because you have 'Selective Door Unlock' turned on 'Comfort Settings' on radio.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:28 AM

It didn't come yet, waiting for the UPS man to ring the door bell. And The only wired connection I made so far was to the push start Brown-silver wire..
I don't know what you wean by BCM.
BCM is behind the instrument cluster -- its required for the doors to lock when power is off IE after the idle time. They are optional -- But I heard everyone who didn't put them in ended up with lock problems, its a bit tricky to get at so take your time if you go this route.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:44 PM

Thanks that was very informative. I will try next time after printing out one of the pictures that was on their forum.

Quick Reply: Remote start