7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxima 2014 s custom led headliights ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Arrow Maxima 2014 s custom led headliights ..

First thread
i like to share how did i install my LED headlights on my maxima 2014 s
here some pic for the headlights

https://plus.google.com/+HMOODPRESTI...ts/ZLxyY68XDqZ
&
video install process :

wait for more >>
Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 AM

My reactions:
Upon seeing a new thread and then getting around to reading the title of the thread:
After reading the contents:
Old 05-14-2015, 05:30 AM

I'm sorry but that looks absolutely horrible. Number one you are installed LED lights into a halogen proejctor. Not even the OEM HID projectors can project LEDs properly to get good results. Your lights may look bright when looking into them, but from that output shot, you aren't going to be able to see **** at night. I would recommend taking those LED bulbs out and replacing with an HID kit. If you want to take it a step further, you could always bake your lights open and replace that halogen projector with an OEM HID projector with some cbi bulbs. You could also replace the lens with the black series lens off of TheRetrofitSource.com
Old 05-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Got Retrofit?

This is why I tell everyone those things suck for where you actually need light.

I wouldn't mind using them as a DRL if these cars had em.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Grego214
I'm sorry but that looks absolutely horrible. Number one you are installed LED lights into a halogen proejctor. Not even the OEM HID projectors can project LEDs properly to get good results. Your lights may look bright when looking into them, but from that output shot, you aren't going to be able to see **** at night. I would recommend taking those LED bulbs out and replacing with an HID kit. If you want to take it a step further, you could always bake your lights open and replace that halogen projector with an OEM HID projector with some cbi bulbs. You could also replace the lens with the black series lens off of TheRetrofitSource.com

hey grego tnx for your replay & your opinion
but i did review every small detail before choosing the LED
after comparing the the projectors in real life both of them r same but only the halogen project back is plastic and HID is metal not a big issue sense m installing LED & led not getting hot comparing to HID .

i have HID on my Audi & HID s***
always need to replace blast or bulbs + HID needs time to heat up but led like strike on ..
another big thing my car under warranty that's y i don't want to miss much .

here in DUBAI no dark areas ..
+
(up shoot)

u can look direct in lens with no pain .
(down shoot ) reflection limit line .

any way ill send another pic today . how brightness they are .
Old 05-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Got Retrofit?

You need to research more about lighting..

Halogen projectors are designed differently than HID projectors. It's not just what the bowl is made of.

Those LEDs aren't great because the bowl isn't designed around it. That's the issue. Might not be bad for your area but I advise everyone else to stay away from doing this.

LEDs can be good but only if the housing is designed specifically for it. I can post some example pictures of true LED projectors later if anyone is interested.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tnx for you opinion

Here how it look n low light

Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
You need to research more about lighting..

Halogen projectors are designed differently than HID projectors. It's not just what the bowl is made of.

Those LEDs aren't great because the bowl isn't designed around it. That's the issue. Might not be bad for your area but I advise everyone else to stay away from doing this.

LEDs can be good but only if the housing is designed specifically for it. I can post some example pictures of true LED projectors later if anyone is interested.
I would like to see that information. I would like to see the pros and cons of using HID vs LED other than power consumption. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by HMOOD-PRESTIGE
Here how it look n low light
Pictures look very overexposed.

Originally Posted by dmcmahan12
I would like to see the pros and cons of using HID vs LED other than power consumption.
You can find that information through Google or on HIDPlanet.com
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 AM

These plug-and-play LED bulbs and kits are like the new HID kits of yesteryear. I will be blunt and honest with you, but despite the research you put into the kit, you did not put any research into the actual housing your kit would go into. The kit may advertise that it provides more lumen than your conventional HID bulb, but the optics within the bulb and the LED itself is not designed for our vehicle. People forget that these new vehicles with LED headlamps have more than just one LED or more than one projector, and each projector/LED has a purpose --- for instance, one may be the foreground, one is the distance lighting (hotspot), and the last for the width. All work in combination to give drivers the adequate lighting.

Firstly, from the pictures you have presented to us, your headlights are seriously lacking in width. The stock projector headlamps on the Maxima were not designed for LED headlamps.

Secondly, you are lacking in hotspot lighting. The LED will throw a lot of light out, but it is not properly focused within the projector optics to provide you with an ouput greater than the stock projectors. Because the LEDs lack the proper optics it is currently in, you now have so much foreground lighting that you are perceiving to be brighter, but you are in fact hurting your distance vision. Your pupils are diluting due to the large amount of light in front of you that you cannot see further into the distance.

Lastly, your cutoff line for your headlights are now laughable at best. You have either now introduced glare to oncoming drivers, and also hindered your vision more as the cutoff line is no longer straight and flat as it was with the old halogen or HID bulb. It is now convexing downwards.

Now that I have discussed the cons of using an LED in our headlight, the next is universal for LEDs. First of which, there is no warm-up time. The light is instantly on with maximum brightness with lower power consumption. You can constantly flash LEDs and they will not suffer unlike HIDs. HIDs cannot be constantly turned off and on, and require a warm-up time to achieve maximum brightness. Secondly, dependent on the quality of the kit, without proper heatsinking, LEDs are subject to heatsoak and dim in brightness as the power consumption begins to dip as time increases.

Last edited by Daaavid; 05-14-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 PM

Great information Daaavid and HIDPlanet.com is a great website for automotive lighting.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:39 PM

I think the LED look great in those fittings.
I have LED in both lo and hi positions.
Much , much better than the stocking halogen lighting.

There is no comparison.

Last edited by Blue Bomber; 05-14-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by Blue Bomber
I too have LED her alighting in both lo and hi positions. Much , much better than the stocking halogen lighting. There is no comparison.
Originally Posted by Daaavid
Because the LEDs lack the proper optics it is currently in, you now have so much foreground lighting that you are perceiving to be brighter, but you are in fact hurting your distance vision. Your pupils are diluting due to the large amount of light in front of you that you cannot see further into the distance.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Got Retrofit?

My LED projector low beams:
Name:  C4D57A9B-ED93-468C-A6CD-B4099CB64E64_zpsmotv7qoa.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  264.7 KB

LED projector high beams:
Name:  E3CE1375-C194-43C9-83A3-E70D53CB7F42_zpsq9n8sv4u.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  296.8 KB
Old 05-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Did someone say glare? I think someone said glare...
Lastly, your cutoff line for your headlights are now laughable at best. You have either now introduced glare to oncoming drivers, and also hindered your vision more as the cutoff line is no longer straight and flat as it was with the old halogen or HID bulb. It is now convexing downwards.
Oh dear, someone said glare.... My rant switch has been flipped on...
OP with the LEDs in HALOGEN housings, why don't I just direct you over to this post.........
https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...ml#post8997602

/rant over, I hate glare. I really really REALLY hate glare. Especially in the rain at night. I prefer to see the road and where I am going so I can drive safely please, not blinded by some id10t driver and their horrible headlights....

Also, ChrisMan, what type of LED projectors do you have? Just curious, I wanted something for my fog lights, and was looking at the Morimoto Type N.
After a while I stuck with halogen so the heat would melt snow and ice from themselves in the winter. Just my thoughts. My stock HIDs don't really melt the ice that forms on it from driving lol.

Also also:
Your pupils are diluting due to the large amount of light in front of you that you cannot see further into the distance.
I think you mean constricting*

Also also also: I agree with Daaavid's post. (Just to make things clear)

Last edited by Akiyukio; 05-14-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:05 PM

Hey man, as long as you like it, salute to you; but headlights are not something to play with. If you start using these and realize after driving that they are insufficient, please do yourself and everyone who shares the road with you a favor and put either the proper stock bulb or upgrade to a legitimate kit for your low beam. I don't know jack about led lighting so I'm not hating on you at all.