7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Nissan Maxima V6 MAF sensor error keeps coming back

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry 2011 Nissan Maxima V6 MAF sensor error keeps coming back

Ok been having this issue for awhile and tried many things short of taking it the over expensive garage.

I keep getting the MAF error code on two different code readers. Initially it ran rough and could barely get it home. This happened after the first few times where I just cleared the code to see if it came back.

I did finally replace it with an aftermarket one. Still failed. They sent me another one. Still failed. Before replacing the second one I removed the KN air filter air and put in a normal air filter from the parts store. I also cleaned the housing before replacing the second sensor.

I also tried MAF sensor cleaner and cleared the codes, twice.

After each replacement I cleared the codes. Car runs fine for a few weeks, comes back.The first few times the car had rough idle. No the error is on and the car doesn't run rough yet. Not sure if the cold air has something to do with that where we live.

I have cleared the code about 4 or 5 times now with the current sensor. It has not gone to the dealership and would really like to avoid that if possible. Suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No replies on this one?
Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM

There are many post on this.
https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...maxima-sv.html
Old 01-10-2017, 05:54 AM

TSB exist for dealer to reprogram the ecu. Covered up to 80k miles. Had mine done last summer. That's the fix. Gl
Old 01-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dealership false information?

@Les7311 Thank you for your reply. I was told by the dealership that it would be covered if they replace the ECM but not reprogram it. I had them look at the TSB and that was what they said. The car only has 40K on it. Is there somewhere we can read the TSB or is not worth it? Or is there a phone number we can call to go over the dealership's head?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:35 PM

Well, since you replaced the MAF on your own accord and not by the dealer, then you cannot hold the dealership to reprogramming your ecu. Plus it's a roadblock going overboard to call above.

I would pay the stealership the cost for reprogramming and call it a day, if that's what it requires. You will see a drop in your gas mileage (MPG) you won't be thinking about it two weeks later - if you can afford it.

If you search my posts you will find my commenting on getting the ECau reprogram by the dealer mid last year, and the tsb on that thread.

Gl, and chime in anytime