7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2014 Nissan Maxima S [3.5L CVT - FWD] - Transmission Control Module issue, possibly?

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2014 Nissan Maxima S [3.5L CVT - FWD] - Transmission Control Module issue, possibly?

I was driving today and in the middle of the highway my Maxima acted like it skipped a gear and the engine cut out. It was a very dangerous situation, but was able to coast over to the shoulder in very heavy traffic. When I tried to start the car back up, it would start up but run rough for 5 seconds and then die again. No check engine light, no oil pressure or temp light, no battery issues, regular maintenance including a statement that my transmission fluid had about 10k more miles before it needed to be changed. It currently has 56k miles on it. I was reading that it may need a transmission control module reset and transmission fluid flush, but I am still not sure. It is currently towed to the closest Nissan dealer. I also have the Powertrain warranty on it with a $100 deductible. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Search this Thread