7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Dash Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 05:59 AM

TPMS Dash Light

Hi All,
I just changed my summer tires to my winters tires (summers have the tpms sensors) and the tpms indicator came on before the change (small triangle indicator on dash). Tire pressure was low .
Is there any way to reset this without having to put the summers back on, setting proper tire pressure and then changing back to winters?
All help is appreciated,

Thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 10:52 AM

I don't know the answer to your question as I never change over to winter tires. You got the TPMS light because one of your summer tires was low on pressure. If you clear the code by putting the summers back on. You will again get that light because the computer will sense no tire pressure because of loss of signal with your winter tires only this time the warning light will probably be flashing.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:17 AM

or a bad sensor
Old 11-20-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by capri66
Hi All,
I just changed my summer tires to my winters tires (summers have the tpms sensors) and the tpms indicator came on before the change (small triangle indicator on dash).
Small triangle light? Not the TPMS light? This may not be related to your TPMS at all (the master alert indicator is a small triangle...) It MAY be related to TPMS but you should take a look to see if it threw some codes on ODBII as it came on before you took off the tires.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by capri66
Hi All,
I just changed my summer tires to my winters tires (summers have the tpms sensors) and the tpms indicator came on before the change (small triangle indicator on dash). Tire pressure was low .
Is there any way to reset this without having to put the summers back on, setting proper tire pressure and then changing back to winters?
All help is appreciated,

Thanks
If your winter tires don't have cloned TPMS sensors (same sensor id as summer tires), the only way to get rid of the light is to reprogram new (Winter tire tpms sensors) into the car's computer.
If your winter tires don't have TPMS sensors at all, then you will be staring at tpms warning until you either put summer tires on or install tpms sensors into winter tires.
Every time you start the car, it reestablishes contact with TPMS sensors, its a dynamic system.