7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 with 98k help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 04:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2012 with 98k help!

Alright long story short I bought a 2012 SV with 98k. Got it for a steal so happy about that, got a few things I’m trying to address though, cars on coilovers and I’m not really to knowledgeable when it comes to them on cars. Vehicles lowered and I hate it lol can I crank them back to close to stock height? I haven’t pulled the wheel off but it looks like they might be Godspeed coilovers. Car sits on some horrendous 19 inch rims that I also want to either paint black to see if they look better or just do away with them and buy stocks. Gonna do some regular maintenance stuff especially with the CVT even though everything seems pretty straight, car needs an alignment which is no big deal but the traction light is on and that’s the only light on the dash. Checked the brake fluid and it’s full, what else should I look for? Also sunroof stutters if that makes sense, both tilting and sliding. Thought it was the reset so I did that but it’s still doing it, maybe the motor?? Other than that I’m pretty happy it, Just a point a to point b in the city paid $5500, pretty much a steal!
Old 03-02-2023, 04:51 PM

I'm not sure on the first issue but for the sunroof, check your track for grime and debris, and lube the track with some lithium grease.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maxgig
I'm not sure on the first issue but for the sunroof, check your track for grime and debris, and lube the track with some lithium grease.
i just did that and it’s the same, I’m wondering if it’s the switch or the motor. I don’t mind ordering a new one just don’t wanna order both if I only need one or the other.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Brando592
Alright long story short I bought a 2012 SV with 98k. Got it for a steal so happy about that, got a few things I’m trying to address though, cars on coilovers and I’m not really to knowledgeable when it comes to them on cars. Vehicles lowered and I hate it lol can I crank them back to close to stock height? I haven’t pulled the wheel off but it looks like they might be Godspeed coilovers. Car sits on some horrendous 19 inch rims that I also want to either paint black to see if they look better or just do away with them and buy stocks. Gonna do some regular maintenance stuff especially with the CVT even though everything seems pretty straight, car needs an alignment which is no big deal but the traction light is on and that’s the only light on the dash. Checked the brake fluid and it’s full, what else should I look for? Also sunroof stutters if that makes sense, both tilting and sliding. Thought it was the reset so I did that but it’s still doing it, maybe the motor?? Other than that I’m pretty happy it, Just a point a to point b in the city paid $5500, pretty much a steal!
I got mine in 2019 for $6k which was the payoff for the previous owner. They just wanted out from under the payments. She was in perfect condition with 80k miles. She was perfect no problems ran like a dream until I hit a pothole going 55mph and ripped out my front passenger suspension (literally). The county paid to have it fixed $2900 but ever since she's just not the same. Be careful messing with your suspension and keep all the work even front and back. Even if it's good still. You will end up with uneven wear and the smooth handling is what makes this car such a treat (my opinion)