8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Brilliant Silver Platinum - pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Brilliant Silver Platinum - pulled the trigger

I was down in Rolla Mo - stumbled across a Brilliant Silver with Charcoal interior and upgraded aluminum alloy wheels. Happened to be exactly what I was looking for. Got reasonable trade on Acura TL so I drove it home last night. I was pretty easy on the gas, ran 65-73 and got 35.4 miles to the gallon on my 250+ mile trip home. Needless to say very happy with that. Car is extremely comfortable (arm rests even in the right place for wheel access), sneaky fast, fantastic technology - pretty sure I am really going to like it. Thanks to the fine folks at Al West Nissan for getting me in and out so quickly.
Attached Thumbnails Brilliant Silver Platinum - pulled the trigger-20150611_163929_resized.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 07:27 AM

Congratulations!! The car looks absolutely stunning! This generation is a homerun slam.

Last edited by NissanFreak2000; 06-12-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM

Nice looks great with those rims and the
smoked glass roof
Old 06-12-2015, 09:16 AM

If you could, come over here and tell us what you paid:
https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...r-shopper.html
Old 06-12-2015, 09:50 AM

Car looks sharp, good luck with everything
Old 06-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Congrats!!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:52 PM

Im a bit hesitant with the roof glass, it's unfortunate that you can not get a regular moonroof on this generation. It too hot for NM weather to have a glass roof just like the Kia Optima
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 PM

That's impressive gas mileage for a car with 300hp!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:30 PM

What did it cost? interest rates? Looks like these cars are way easier to find already than expected.
Love that color and trim level...exactly what I'm looking at if the price makes sense and my trade in makes sense.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by mls277
What did it cost? interest rates? Looks like these cars are way easier to find already than expected.
Love that color and trim level...exactly what I'm looking at if the price makes sense and my trade in makes sense.
'Easier to find' unless you are in scorching middle Georgia and want a lighter color Platinum. I am seeing lots of the darker color 2016 Maximas at dealers around me, but not silver or white. I am about ready to pounce, but would at least like to see a silver or white in person. I have seen most of the darker colors in person.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
'Easier to find' unless you are in scorching middle Georgia and want a lighter color Platinum. I am seeing lots of the darker color 2016 Maximas at dealers around me, but not silver or white. I am about ready to pounce, but would at least like to see a silver or white in person. I have seen most of the darker colors in person.
I haven't seen any in person, but they are in stock all over the NY area. I'm with you lightonthehill if I can get a good trade in I'm gonna try and get this car in the driveway this month. I'm surprised so many colors and combos are around already. I show 280 2016 maxima within 50 miles. Im sure the dealers will be swapping quick to get the car to customers.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:02 AM

Loth.... These things ar popping up all over. I wish you luck but have a feeling Silver Cashmere is going to be a sparse color combo. Silver and Black is the norm as it goes together. You may want to switch to white or get an sr with the camel.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
Loth.... These things ar popping up all over. I wish you luck but have a feeling Silver Cashmere is going to be a sparse color combo. Silver and Black is the norm as it goes together. You may want to switch to white or get an sr with the camel.
Due primarily to my being so ancient, I must have the Around View Monitor, Driver Attention Alert, Climate Controlled front seats, Outside Mirrors with Reverse Tiltdown, Rear Window Power Sunshade, Driver Seating Memory System, Air conditioned driver seat, Heated Steering Wheel, etc, etc.

A few of these are on the SR, but not many. That is a shame, because the camel interior of the SR is BY FAR the best looking interior in any 2016 Maxima.

I have pretty much decided on the silver Platinum with charcoal interior - my first dark interior since my Studebaker way back in 1949.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-14-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Travelling from Memphis to Ormond Beach, Florida last week I saw a handful of white '16s right off hwy 20 not far from Birmingham, AL. Driving a rental '14 Chevy Cruze LTZ with 1.4 turbo and 6 speed automatic, the car averaged between 32-34mpg with cruise and 75mph cruising. Obviously a sporty full size sedan achieving the same or even better mpg without lame super tall gearing (ie nearly every v6 chevy sedan ever produced) is very cool and impressive.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:17 AM

I have pretty much decided on the silver Platinum with charcoal interior .

I'm leaning the same way platinum silver with grey interior... The SR lacks some options I want this time..and the 18" wheels look great...dont feel the need for the 19". I want the car with everything since my 09 didn't even have tech package which I feel I missed out on.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 PM

How does the noise levels compare to the 7th gen? I know this new gen has the double paned front windows to reduce noise....
Old 06-15-2015, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
How does the noise levels compare to the 7th gen? I know this new gen has the double paned front windows to reduce noise....
One test driver here posted within the last three days that the interior of his new '16 is quieter than the interior of his 7th gen. Until I can test this for myself, I guess I will just take his word for it.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:47 AM

I want a quieter interior in my next car. But interior noise where I live is moot anyway, given our roads can and do shake any car loose!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by stodge
I want a quieter interior in my next car. But interior noise where I live is moot anyway, given our roads can and do shake any car loose!
Roads everywhere went through the recent recession virtually untended, because the money just wasn't there. And the recent drop in gasoline prices added to the misery, because many states depend on a fuel tax based on price percentage to fund road maintenance.

The two biggest enemies of road well-being are heavy trucks (and many state legislatures have bowed to political pressure and raised weight limits during the past five years) and the normal freezing-thawing of winter.

Canada gets the worst of the freezing-thawing cycle.

A further consideration of bad roads is that lower profile tires suffer more damage/discomfort than higher profile tires on bad roads. That is one of the factors I considered when opting for the Platinum over the performance-oriented SR.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-15-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:31 PM

Hi Light

Don't know how close this dealer is to u but thought
I send you this information.

Just checking around Nissan USA Inventory came across

Butler Nissan -Macon GA
2016 Plat/Cashmere
Interior Accent Lighting
Exterior Ground Lighting
Splash Guards
Mats/Net

VIN 1N4AA6AP3GC376867

Its also possible the car hasn't arrived at the dealer at this time.

Randy

Last edited by Randy; 06-17-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Randy
Hi Light

Don't know how close this dealer is to u but thought
I send you this information.

Just checking around Nissan USA Inventory came across

Butler Nissan -Macon GA
2016 Plat/Cashmere
Interior Accent Lighting
Exterior Ground Lighting
Splash Guards
Mats/Net

VIN 1N4AA6AP3GC376867

Its also possible the car hasn't arrived at the dealer at this time.

Randy
Randy - I did see that one while checking inventory last night. It is only a 'lighted kickplate' away from perfection. I do have a glitch in that I am getting this through the Nissan Friends and Family plan, and I don't know how far away they will let me pull my car from. Another problem is that I am leaving town for around a week at 8AM this morning (3 1/2 hours from now), and will be several states away with no contact with the internet (I don't have a smart phone or any king of pad or whatever else connects to the net, and will be in a very rural area of deep mountains).

But thanks for the tip. If that car is still in Macon a week from now, it may turn out to be the 'one.'
Old 06-18-2015, 03:20 AM

LOTH...what is this "friends and family" plan of which you speak. As a loyal owner of nine Maxima's since 1987, surely I would qualify. I want every bargaining chip that I can have in my possession when it comes time for me to pull the trigger on number ten.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:25 AM

Randy - I did see that one while checking inventory last night. It is only a 'lighted kickplate' away from perfection. I do have a glitch in that I am getting this through the Nissan Friends and Family plan, and I don't know how far away they will let me pull my car from. Another problem is that I am leaving town for around a week at 8AM this morning (3 1/2 hours from now), and will be several states away with no contact with the internet (I don't have a smart phone or any king of pad or whatever else connects to the net, and will be in a very rural area of deep mountains).

But thanks for the tip. If that car is still in Macon a week from now, it may turn out to be the 'one.'
Those kick plates would be an easy install for the dealership...as long as the parts are available already. Just make it part of the deal and they could install them at time of delivery or later on when the parts become available outside the factory.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by jc53
LOTH...what is this "friends and family" plan of which you speak. As a loyal owner of nine Maxima's since 1987, surely I would qualify. I want every bargaining chip that I can have in my possession when it comes time for me to pull the trigger on number ten.
When I was with Nissan Corporate for 11 years it was called the VPP program, where friends and family of someone that worked for the company or military personnel you could get the car at below invoice. This was for both Nissans and Infinitis.