8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Any recent mods to your 8th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by punkfs
Man just got rid of the stock tires and put on Michelin pilot sport as3+ and wow what a dramatic difference ! Cheap at Costco right now.. with the discount 173 a tire with the 1 cent installs.
Which Michelin-Pilot Sport A/S 3+s did you get?
Any recent mods to your 8th gen?-capture2.jpg
Any recent mods to your 8th gen?-capture.jpg
Old 01-08-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by takeittothemaxima
Which Michelin-Pilot Sport A/S 3+s did you get?
Attachment 57447
Attachment 57448
heres the reciept, 1st one
Attached Thumbnails Any recent mods to your 8th gen?-reciept.jpg  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Dipping

Originally Posted by WadCutter106
Finally got my max here are some pics of the hydro dipping that was done. More to come soon
Where did you get your hydro dipping done at?
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 AM

I got my hydro dipping done at RPM performance in Burlington Washington. They are a local outfit by the dealership I purchased my car at
Old 01-15-2018, 11:40 AM

Just installed the diffuser. My second mod and slowly more to come (first mod I wrapped the roof guards black). I’m only 20 in college and paying it myself so money is always tight �� my diffuser is not completely flush where the 3M tape is at the corners under the tail light near motion sensors have very small gaps. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m almost certain I lined it up correctly

Last edited by Kyletrann; 01-15-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kyletrann
Just installed the diffuser. My second mod and slowly more to come (first mod I wrapped the roof guards black). I’m only 20 in college and paying it myself so money is always tight �� my diffuser is not completely flush where the 3M tape is at the corners under the tail light near motion sensors have very small gaps. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m almost certain I lined it up correctly

Is that Stillen or ikon?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CNTRT
Is that Stillen or ikon?
Stillen. I fixed it its like 99% good now. I used a blowdryer and heated the bumper/diffuser while applying more pressure so it would adhere better
Old 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM

Stillen. I fixed it its like 99% good now. I used a blowdryer and heated the bumper/diffuser while applying more pressure so it would adhere better
Looks good man!!! dumped too much money on the stillen exhaust and intake, gotta wait til i get can get the cosmetic stuff
Old 01-15-2018, 07:03 PM

Looks good man!!! dumped too much money on the stillen exhaust and intake, gotta wait til i get can get the cosmetic stuff
Thanks man! I'm more of a cosmetic guy so I like to make it look nice before performance mods next up is to slightly tint headlights/taillights, then front lip, wheels, then intake/exhaust. Might go for an intake earlier though
Old 01-15-2018, 07:07 PM

Thanks man! I'm more of a cosmetic guy so I like to make it look nice before performance mods next up is to slightly tint headlights/taillights, then front lip, wheels, then intake/exhaust. Might go for an intake earlier though
Keep an eye out for a used stillen intake if you want to save money, got mine off ebay for 80$ barely used, didnt even have to clean the filter.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:12 PM

Keep an eye out for a used stillen intake if you want to save money, got mine off ebay for 80$ barely used, didnt even have to clean the filter.
Thanks for the heads up man! Will definitely look out for that to save big time $$$
Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 PM

How do u like ur intake and exhaust. I have them but haven't had time to install. I also got the rear sway bar as well. How many miles did u have on ur car before installing the intake and exhaust?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:42 PM

How do u like ur intake and exhaust. I have them but haven't had time to install. I also got the rear sway bar as well. How many miles did u have on ur car before installing the intake and exhaust?
The stillen intake/exhaust combo sounds amazing together, I kept it with the stock resonator for 3 weeks and wanted it a little louder so i ended up changing to a 12" resonator. I'm happy with it now, I put it on very late.. my car had 33k miles when i installed it, would of done it way earlier if i knew how simple it was. I posted a video clip of the sound in this thread. hard to hear unless you have speakers or headphones. it's a deep sound. also an intake sound video on there too. you will notice a dramatic difference in sound once installed for sure, im sure you wont be disappointed

Last edited by punkfs; 01-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM

New lights behind the grill

Old 01-23-2018, 04:07 PM

Now that I like.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Any of you guys that are using the front splitter have any problems with it coming off yet? Im looking to install mine soon, wondering if people did anything extra to make sure it stays put? ie: nuts more tape etc

curious.. not worried about the rear diffuser coming off.

i took the chance and ordered the ikon diffuser and front splitter.. i know there are mixed reviews but I'm going to try it out..some people say its great, hmm I can't justify the stillen price right now. if it looks like junk or fitment is bad i'll be sure you tell you guys

Stillen: $823 shipped for both
ikon: $297 shipped for both..

we will see...

Last edited by punkfs; 01-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:01 PM

Any of you guys that are using the front splitter have any problems with it coming off yet? Im looking to install mine soon, wondering if people did anything extra to make sure it stays put? ie: nuts more tape etc

curious.. not worried about the rear diffuser coming off.

i took the chance and ordered the ikon diffuser and front splitter.. i know there are mixed reviews but I'm going to try it out..some people say its great, hmm I can't justify the stillen price right now. if it looks like junk or fitment is bad i'll be sure you tell you guys

Stillen: $823 shipped for both
ikon: $297 shipped for both..

we will see...
This was a big issue for me too but let me know how the front lip fits because if its good then i might just do that instead! Will stay posted
Old 01-28-2018, 04:57 AM

Splitter install

This was a big issue for me too but let me know how the front lip fits because if its good then i might just do that instead! Will stay posted
with something that requires glue and tape, I would take it to have professionally installed. Make them use more screws in the areas that usually detach. Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sigurdomega
with something that requires glue and tape, I would take it to have professionally installed. Make them use more screws in the areas that usually detach. Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.
yeah most people do it themselves, i considered having it professionally installed so i have no issues, assuming they know what they are doing.. not even sure how to go about looking for a shop that would do that though
Old 01-28-2018, 07:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Resonator delete, quad exhaust tips, 20% tint.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by My16maxx
looks sick man, how do you like the resonator delete? I went with a tiny 12" resonator instead of a full delete. would of been way cheaper to just delete it but i was worried the drone would be too much
Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

looks sick man, how do you like the resonator delete? I went with a tiny 12" resonator instead of a full delete. would of been way cheaper to just delete it but i was worried the drone would be too much
I like it. It sounds nice when I start the car and it's definitely the sound i wanted. As far as drone I don't hear it city driving and on the highway I can hear it a little bit only if the radio is off
Old 01-28-2018, 08:48 PM

I like it. It sounds nice when I start the car and it's definitely the sound i wanted. As far as drone I don't hear it city driving and on the highway I can hear it a little bit only if the radio is off
Do you have a video of the sound and revs?
Old 01-28-2018, 09:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Do you have a video of the sound and revs?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb_...GlcqjbeyoHhB2g
Old 01-28-2018, 09:17 PM

Where did u find the quad tips?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Where did u find the quad tips?
found em on eBay by searching for "4.0 quad exhaust tips" the inlet size on the tips I got are 2.5" with each tip outlet at 4".
Old 01-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Having the roof wrapped gloss black!

Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

roof wrap came out nice. $250

Old 02-02-2018, 09:08 PM

Well my ikon diffuser and lip came in today... looks okay... test fitment seems alright. Need to decide if i want to try install it myself or look for a bodyshop.. hmm

Old 02-03-2018, 07:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Complete LED Changeout

Just got my maxima a month ago now and excited. Changed the front blinkers, Fog LEDs, back blinkers and brake light LEDs, backup light LED, and all interior LEDs.

Tip: If you are going to change the front blinkers and the fog lights, do them at the same time because you will have to remove the front bumper for the turn signals and have access to the fog lights. If you change the fog lights only, go from underneath. Don't do the wheel well access that you see on youtube.

Before changing to LED Fog
After LED replacement. Left rear blinker LED, brake light also changed.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by SpecialOpZ
Just got my maxima a month ago now and excited. Changed the front blinkers, Fog LEDs, back blinkers and brake light LEDs, backup light LED, and all interior LEDs.

Tip: If you are going to change the front blinkers and the fog lights, do them at the same time because you will have to remove the front bumper for the turn signals and have access to the fog lights. If you change the fog lights only, go from underneath. Don't do the wheel well access that you see on youtube.
Looks good! I’m assuming you had to use the resistors only on the turn signals? Did you go with a switchback for the front? I’ve been curious if that would work since it’s not always on.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by tmokorn
Looks good! I’m assuming you had to use the resistors only on the turn signals? Did you go with a switchback for the front? I’ve been curious if that would work since it’s not always on.
I did not use any resistors on the car. These anti hyperlink LED bulbs by iJDMTOY work as advertised:
Amazon Amazon

I'm not a fan of the switch back mod, and I did not want to open the headlight housing to install that mod either. The LED's are very bright anyway.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:55 AM

I did not use any resistors on the car. These anti hyperlink LED bulbs by iJDMTOY work as advertised: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not a fan of the switch back mod, and I did not want to open the headlight housing to install that mod either. The LED's are very bright anyway.
Good to know - thanks for the link and your input. If these really work without a resistor then it’s the way to go. I didn’t mean the DRL switchback mod from DD. I was just curious because I have seen actual LED turn signal bulbs that supposedly do the same thing.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Cf rear window spoiler

20x8.5 Giovanna wheels
Old 02-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Well my ikon diffuser and lip came in today... looks okay... test fitment seems alright. Need to decide if i want to try install it myself or look for a bodyshop.. hmm

Did you ever get it installed? Hows the fitment?
Old 02-08-2018, 06:50 AM

great thread !!! keep the mods coming !!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Ok, not really "mods", but I recently got the cup holder lights that say Nissan. Ordered them off Amazon for $20, took about 4 weeks to arrive from China, but they look great for the price.

Also just got the back seat Weathertech mat. Was originally planning on getting Weathertech mats, but the dealer threw in the Maxima rubber mats so I didn't bother. Finding the back seat carpet taking a beating this year (doesn't seem to be good quality) with my kids getting in and out with all the snow, wet sludge, and such. Love how it covers pretty much everything. Nice piece of mind.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:09 PM

I did not use any resistors on the car. These anti hyperlink LED bulbs by iJDMTOY work as advertised: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered a pair, coming next week. What was the easiest way to access the bulbs? Looks like you can't get it from the top, and wheel well seems like it may be too far to reach. Did you drop the bumper or unscrew the headlight assembly.? thanks!
Old 02-11-2018, 07:15 PM

I ordered a pair, coming next week. What was the easiest way to access the bulbs? Looks like you can't get it from the top, and wheel well seems like it may be too far to reach. Did you drop the bumper or unscrew the headlight assembly.? thanks!
I also ordered. I found this video on how to do it: link below. Definitely not going to be a “quick” swap. It’s amazing how un-user friendly it is to maintain these cars. Need to remove the bumper and the headlight to change a turn signal bulb...

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...n_signal_front
Old 02-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by tmokorn

I also ordered. I found this video on how to do it: link below. Definitely not going to be a “quick” swap. It’s amazing how un-user friendly it is to maintain these cars. Need to remove the bumper and the headlight to change a turn signal bulb...

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...n_signal_front
wonderful, how fun..

Quick Reply: Any recent mods to your 8th gen?