8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Driver's seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016 | 12:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry Driver's seat problem

Platinum model with quilted seats. Anyone having trouble with their front seat? The left support panel is so angular it shoots up into my thigh, causing me to lose circulation in parts of my body when I am sitting on it. I've examined and the passenger seat appears to be wider and doesn't protrude out as much. I've had the car for about a month now and the last week I've had this problem with the driver seat. If anyone has had the issue, any solutions? Tried moving the seat in all different types of positions. Thinking about getting a gel cushion but that is last resort. My head is going to be out of the sunroof. Help
Old 05-02-2016 | 03:00 PM

Well if you have done all the seat configurations as painful as it feels you may have to break in the seat like you do a shoe and it will have to form to your leg. I know it isnt pleasant, but Nissan I am sure will not address the issue. I wish the center console wasn't so close to my right knee as well.
Old 05-02-2016 | 04:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Tarek_Rek
Platinum model with quilted seats. Anyone having trouble with their front seat? The left support panel is so angular it shoots up into my thigh, causing me to lose circulation in parts of my body when I am sitting on it. I've examined and the passenger seat appears to be wider and doesn't protrude out as much. I've had the car for about a month now and the last week I've had this problem with the driver seat. If anyone has had the issue, any solutions? Tried moving the seat in all different types of positions. Thinking about getting a gel cushion but that is last resort. My head is going to be out of the sunroof. Help
I have a similar issue with my right thigh. It seems there is a hard spot on the right side of the seat. The hard spot is not on the passenger side. I tried to see if there was something left under the cushion like a block of wood but couldn't see much under the seat with all the bracing in the way. It might just be the bracing below the seat. I any case it is only on the drivers side. I will try and dig under the seat further this weekend. If I find something I will let you know.
Old 05-02-2016 | 04:15 PM

I don't have this problem but I did notice that the manual tgigh support doesn't stay even. I keep mine closed by the right side has a gap between the extension and the seat itself, the left most side theres no gap
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Goraki
I have a similar issue with my right thigh. It seems there is a hard spot on the right side of the seat. The hard spot is not on the passenger side. I tried to see if there was something left under the cushion like a block of wood but couldn't see much under the seat with all the bracing in the way. It might just be the bracing below the seat. I any case it is only on the drivers side. I will try and dig under the seat further this weekend. If I find something I will let you know.
Great I look forward to hearing back.
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by im not gay but $20 is $20
I don't have this problem but I did notice that the manual tgigh support doesn't stay even. I keep mine closed by the right side has a gap between the extension and the seat itself, the left most side theres no gap
interesting.. cannot lie, i don't love these seats. Last generation was much better for me. Hopefully I can break this in a little to be more comfortable.
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

your car also seems hot. I wanted pearl white but all they had was coulis red and black so I went with the red.
Old 05-30-2016 | 07:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry Sore

I am having the same problem with the seat at the left thigh flair digging into my leg. Brought it back to the dealer one week after purchasing the car and have been told that's how it's made but the dealer will contact Nissan and inquire if this is an on going complaint. Not holding my breath, My 2014 Altima had great seats, I drove 6 hours straight with no stops and felt great.
Old 05-30-2016 | 08:33 PM

Drove 24 hours from Northern California to West Texas and the entire trip was comfortable. My seats were great. Not sure if it's me or what, but no problems at all. Though I will admit the ride home was not as good as the first part. I didn't want to leave the kid. Not to mention the higher gas here in California.
Old 06-01-2016 | 06:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

annoyances

Originally Posted by Rook
I am having the same problem with the seat at the left thigh flair digging into my leg. Brought it back to the dealer one week after purchasing the car and have been told that's how it's made but the dealer will contact Nissan and inquire if this is an on going complaint. Not holding my breath, My 2014 Altima had great seats, I drove 6 hours straight with no stops and felt great.
Yes, sounds just about right. That stubborn left lip. It appears this car seat was only made with smaller people in mind. One thing I can tell you is that you have to give it some time. The seat will break in. I had problems that were so bad with that left seat lip I would lose circulation in my body, I took others' advice on this forum and did my best to break it in. By no means is it as comfortable as the last generation but at least I'm not losing circulation anymore. One problem that has arisen is that the seat is rocking a little bit and it clicks when I accelerate or brake hard. It's driving me mad. Someone else on the forum mentioned their problem with this went away on its own but lets hope for the best. Or a recall
Old 06-10-2016 | 02:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone felt the limbar in the driver seat click or move slightly as your accelerate or break?
Old 06-10-2016 | 07:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Sdaba
Has anyone felt the limbar in the driver seat click or move slightly as your accelerate or break?
Yes! had the car about a month .. the stubborn left lip as well ..

platinum model
Old 06-11-2016 | 06:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by JSROOKS
Well if you have done all the seat configurations as painful as it feels you may have to break in the seat like you do a shoe and it will have to form to your leg. I know it isnt pleasant, but Nissan I am sure will not address the issue. I wish the center console wasn't so close to my right knee as well.
Well I tride to look under the seat. Too much stuff in the way to take a good loo but if feels like there is a metal beam that come up right at the spot where it digs into my leg. On my car is come up higher on the right siDE than the left. Perhaps it is adjustable but I think the seat would need to be removed. I was going to try and put a knee on the seat to try and bend or force it down a little. I still might try that. BUT for now I raused the back end of the seat and lowered the front end and it worked for me. It's not my preferred seating arrangement though. Maybe I'll get use to it.
Old 06-13-2016 | 05:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

click

Originally Posted by Sdaba
absolutely.