8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan recalls 120 K vehicles; fluid leaks can cause fires

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 11:35 AM

Went in today. Inspection shows that my car has the part that needs to be replaced. No parts until mid November.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by mrgooch
Went in today. Inspection shows that my car has the part that needs to be replaced. No parts until mid November.
So has your part failed? Or shows signs of failure?
Old 09-13-2016, 11:40 AM

WTF? How can they not have the parts to replace a defective o-ring? Are you suppose to not drive it until November?
Old 09-13-2016, 01:52 PM

Took my car in today to get some stratches buffed out. The tech told me about an ABS recall and got that taken care of. 2016 Nissan Maxima SL
Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM

Although the part is included in the recall [ according to it's serial number] it is safe to drive unless the warning light stays lit,which means it could be unsafe and it would need to be towed in and a replacement car provided.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM

Just got back from dealer. Made appointment for ABS recall and car was affected. Immediately got me into a rental until part comes in. Said it could be several weeks. Wanted to give me a Sentra but wound up in a Quest. Said I could swap it out for Maxima rental or Altima when the get one in. Top notch so far at Bill Ray Nissan! Hope I'm not waiting till November like what I'm reading out there for part! At least she's not racking up miles while she sits.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:34 PM

Yeah the crazy thing is that I had been driving my 2005 nissan maxima with the AB light on for like almost a year. Then this happened lol
Old 09-15-2016, 07:49 AM

Be advised on the ABS recall...

Took my car in yesterday, just because brakes are nothing I want to worry about.

I don't have the indicator light on, but wanted to know if I am in the defect group. So, I showed up for inspection.

My car doesn't have a serial number on the actuator. So, no one knows it if it is in the defect group. They said they would order parts and replace it to be safe, however told me to continue driving my car. However, *if* the ABS light comes on, I need to pull over immediately. Now, that seems inconvenient to me... but the alternatives are equally unattractive.

So far, no issues have shown up (1 day of being informed). I'm still not thrilled that I could hit the "cease and desist driving" at any time, in full awareness that this will certainly happen at Murphy's pleasure when I am far from home, late at night, and needing to be somewhere

I didn't know there was such a thing as a brake part that couldn't be identified... are there a lot of different manufacturers they acquire such a sensitive part from? I've always believed if you have a car that goes fast, you have to be to stop fast too...

Good luck all!
Old 09-16-2016, 06:07 AM

Hey everyone, look at the bright side. For those of us who had the recall - given the 'all clear' - if the car spontaneously combusts, we can get a 2017 with CarPlay!!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:56 AM

Yeah took mine in for oil and the recalls. Took care of everything, but explained that they would not replace the Actuator unless it became a problem. He said if the ABS light comes on and stays on more than 20 seconds, then take it home and call Nissan to have it towed.

I actually asked him WTF?. I am supposed to drive this vehicle until the problem shows up especially since there is a recall on this item. He said "yep" until it becomes a problem, Nissan won't replace it. I had him document that on the receipt for me, and told him when my car burns up, my local Nissan Dealership will be on the hook to take of it.

It's ok though, cause after seeing the monkeys they have working there now, I won't be going back anytime soon. Don't want those guys fiddling around under the hood.

Houston
Old 11-10-2016, 05:53 AM

Recall - Not!

I contacted Nissan today as I was told in Sept. that they had no replacement parts and that they would have them in Nov.
Now told that it is not being considered a recall any longer and to monitor it.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:26 PM

I contacted Nissan today as I was told in Sept. that they had no replacement parts and that they would have them in Nov.
Now told that it is not being considered a recall any longer and to monitor it.
Interesting. In a way, this fits in with the letter I received from Nissan in early October, in which they said that replacement parts would probably not be available until late December. In the meantime, there is nothing to be gained by bringing the car in for warranty work if parts are not available. They are now saving the few replacement parts they have for cars in which the problem actually occurs.

Meanwhile, they want us to monitor the ABS light, and if it stays on, they will replace the unit on that particular car. As parts become available in late December or January, they may either issue a recall and replace the unit on all suspect cars, or simply replace the part as cars come in for service, or simply let things go untended except on cars in which the problem occurs. We will find out how they plan to proceed in a month or two. I know I check my ABS light every time I am in the car, and keep Nissan's phone number on speed-dial.