8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Apple carplay in GCC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Apple carplay in GCC??

I am a new member to the forum and I am considering purchasing a 2017 Nissan Maxima in Saudi Arabia
A quick question that I have been getting mixed answeres to and would love to get a clear answer.
Does the 2017 Nissan Maxima SR have Apple Car play in Saudi Arabia (GCC specs)
as per my understanding the onyl difrence between the 2016 and 2017 is the aple carplay.
1- spoke to 3 dealers (1 in Saudi arabia, and 2 the the UAE) 2 have stated that apple carplay isnt avilable on GCC models and they only diffrence betwen the Maxima SR 16 and 17 is a carbonfiber spoiler, one has told me that it does have apple carplay and when i went to test drive the car he made me drive the 16 model telling me that its the exact same as the 17 and mainly the only reason for my test drive was to actually see if the aple carplay was avilable.
2- the middle east nisan website doesnt mention apple car play anywhere but then again most the the specs are mentioned for the 16 model without any updates for the 17
3- the apple middle east website states that apple car play is avilable of the Nissan maxima (still that doesnt mean that its avilable in GCC)

I know this isnt issue but I would like to be sure of what i am buying
Old 01-24-2017, 06:44 PM

After trying apple carplay i think it is overrated. Not much different then comnecting with bluetooth. Or even using an ipod I wish these car had screen mirroring.. that would be more valuable.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by melkallas
I am a new member to the forum and I am considering purchasing a 2017 Nissan Maxima in Saudi Arabia
A quick question that I have been getting mixed answeres to and would love to get a clear answer.
as per my understanding the onyl difrence between the 2016 and 2017 is the aple carplay.
1- spoke to 3 dealers (1 in Saudi arabia, and 2 the the UAE) 2 have stated that apple carplay isnt avilable on GCC models and they only diffrence betwen the Maxima SR 16 and 17 is a carbonfiber spoiler, one has told me that it does have apple carplay and when i went to test drive the car he made me drive the 16 model telling me that its the exact same as the 17 and mainly the only reason for my test drive was to actually see if the aple carplay was avilable.
2- the middle east nisan website doesnt mention apple car play anywhere but then again most the the specs are mentioned for the 16 model without any updates for the 17
3- the apple middle east website states that apple car play is avilable of the Nissan maxima (still that doesnt mean that its avilable in GCC)

I live in Kuwait and i have a 2016 SV. Mine doesn't have apple car play and i visited the dealer and the 17 doesn't have it either.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have received my 2018 Maxima SR in Dubai today and the dealer informed me Apple CarPlay it's not available, despite what I read in the web that in 2016 it should have been made available.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Bluetooth is crap, Nissan’s system is pathetic. CarPlay is the best thing that happened to this car. Those who disagree, either don’t have CarPlay or don’t have iPhone to use CarPlay.

If if you think CarPlay is useless list thing that is.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by blazinhassan
Bluetooth is crap, Nissan’s system is pathetic. CarPlay is the best thing that happened to this car. Those who disagree, either don’t have CarPlay or don’t have iPhone to use CarPlay.

I love people like you, "I don't have to support my argument simply because if you disagree with me you're wrong".

Pretty weak
Old 06-30-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
I love people like you, "I don't have to support my argument simply because if you disagree with me you're wrong".

Pretty weak
Apple CarPlay is plug and play, I don’t need to list my supportive list of argument on how it’s better and how it destroys Nissan’s built in crap. Not trying to ridicule anyone, just stating facts. As I said, list one thing bad about CarPlay.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by nsiotto
I have received my 2018 Maxima SR in Dubai today and the dealer informed me Apple CarPlay it's not available, despite what I read in the web that in 2016 it should have been made available.
Thanks for the info. I would love to know what you paid for your car. We can convert your currency to U.S. dollars. Do you have a tax and if so, what might that be? Just very curious. Oh, and can you tell us what you pay per liter? of gasoline.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:25 AM

Unfortunately the Apple CarPlay is not available in GCC.

I 'm in Saudi Arabia and have 16 S.
I have tried several time to get the answer but I think this is because of Nissan Middle East and this is their requirement if I'm not mistaken.

Our dealerships are under Nissan Middle East.

I was about to try to buy a unit from the US but was told that it only works with a specific memory card and mine wouldn't work in it so I decided to abort this option :d

I'm thinking to change the whole screen to an android one but trying to find with higher specifications to avoid lags.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in Saudi Arabia and have a 2017 S and it doesn't have the CarPlay which is really something very annoying since I don't have any valid answer from the dealership on the reason why it doesn't have although other makers have the CarPlay normally so it is not restricted by the GCC.

@mfshehri, if you found a suitable option for the screen please share it .

Have a good day.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 AM

I disagree.. I have Apple CarPlay and I do like to play with the latest technology and software. Ever since I bought Maxima I used CarPlay probably 3 times. I find Bluetooth with magnetic cradle Much convenient.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by NisCal17

I disagree.. I have Apple CarPlay and I do like to play with the latest technology and software. Ever since I bought Maxima I used CarPlay probably 3 times. I find Bluetooth with magnetic cradle Much convenient.
the most noticible difference and why CarPlay over Bluetooth is the quality of sound - it’s way better, and maps are real time, and not the outdated built in version.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Blazinghassan "As I said, list one thing bad about CarPlay."
Simple - its an Apple product. Apple only understands their own products and fight any standards. Think of their promotion of Appletalk as an ethernet interface - a disaster. Apple simple has about the worst user interface ever.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lemonhawk
Blazinghassan "As I said, list one thing bad about CarPlay."
Simple - its an Apple product. Apple only understands their own products and fight any standards. Think of their promotion of Appletalk as an ethernet interface - a disaster. Apple simple has about the worst user interface ever.
hey, I have to disagree, Apple CarPlay is simple, and extremely easy to use. I think their interface on CarPlay is outstanding.
Apple understand of only thinking of them self is besides the point.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi...is there an aftermarket solution to use apple or android on the new maximas with GCC specs??

thanks
Old 07-21-2018, 01:58 PM

I completely agree with you! Carplay is this car's best feature.

A few reasons:
1. The graphics are better than the factory nav.
2. Route calculation is better than the factory nav.
3. No need to pay for map updates.
4. No need to pay for subscription to have traffic information.
5. The software is continually improved with new features and increased functionality.
6. As an example of 5, google maps and waze will soon be available.

What's not to love?

I'm glad I got an early 17 rather than a late 16, with the attendant price premium, because of Carplay.

Last edited by slava; 07-21-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have good suolation on same screen, only you need to upgrade orginal screen to andriod system
like this

Old 07-30-2018, 01:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Mohammed Madan
I have good suolation on same screen, only you need to upgrade orginal screen to andriod system
like this

How and who would do this? Did you try it?
Old 07-30-2018, 06:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by HElShaer
How and who would do this? Did you try it?
i try to make it. I see some video on other car. Is fantastic
Old 08-05-2018, 04:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

like this

Hi Mohammed,

can you please share more information, i want to try this on my Max,
Old 12-19-2018, 06:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any news for 2019 model?

2019 models of new maxima are already out. Any lucky buyer with Apple Car Play?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

For GCC carplay . Maybe not.

but for me i install android system on orginal screen. It very nice. But i use all time youtube and navigation system.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by melkallas

i have 2018 SR from Petromin (One of the dealers in Saudi Arabia ), and i don't have the apple car play , and also i don't have the option to choose or change song from the instrument cluster display (all other country have this )
Old 12-19-2018, 10:10 PM

For GCC carplay . Maybe not.

but for me i install android system on orginal screen. It very nice. But i use all time youtube and navigation system.
how ?
Old 12-19-2018, 11:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by morya
how ?

i install android system on orginal screen.

it cost me around 220 BHD bahrain dinars