8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

LED low beams for 2017 SL

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM

It's bright but it lacks distance.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Really? Wow I can see way down the road just fine. I honestly have zero complaints with them brightness or distance wise. Do you think the
factory aiming might be a bit off or something with yours?

Originally Posted by xydehead
It's bright but it lacks distance.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 PM

I agree, maybe your aiming is off. My SR has the best visibility over any car I have ever driven.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by calabs
Newbie here! I've read through (most) of the posts around this topic, and still have a couple of questions.
1. Does anyone know the specs on the OEM LEDs that are on the Platinum trim (temp?, lumens?, wattage, etc.)?
2. Does anyone know the color temp of the DRL?

Has anyone considered these? https://www.xenonhids.com/low-beam-h...light-kit.html
I believe they only come in one color temp (6000). I haven't seen anyone comment on these, and was hoping to get some feedback on how they look. They also require a warning canceller. I've read elsewhere other kits don't require one.
Thanks.....!
Do hid for the low beam stock projectors if you don't want to go with the retrofit and make sure you are buying good quality. The new maxima is more advanced now, and the previous gen was not a friendly one for hids. The problem is not buying hids, but buying the correct ones. DM me if you need, i'm glad to help.