8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

SD map part number?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 AM

SD map part number?

hi i just bought an SD card my car.
it works for 15sec then shows an error.
I think i order the wrong SD card.
my car is a 2016 maxima S if it matters
can someone take a picture of theirs? thanks
Attached Thumbnails SD map part number?-maxima-sd-map.jpg   SD map part number?-maxima-error.jpg  
Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by chuemaxima
hi i just bought an SD card my car.
it works for 15sec then shows an error.
I think i order the wrong SD card.
my car is a 2016 maxima S if it matters
can someone take a picture of theirs? thanks
What happpeded to the original SD Card? Nissan does match the GPS database SD cards to the car it came with so I believe getting a later SD card out and installing it to an earlier car won't work without some dealer intervention. That SD slot on the dash is a one trick pony.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://imgur.com/aKOITbu.jpg
http://imgur.com/nqiDnl9.jpg
Old 03-22-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
What happpeded to the original SD Card? Nissan does match the GPS database SD cards to the car it came with so I believe getting a later SD card out and installing it to an earlier car won't work without some dealer intervention. That SD slot on the dash is a one trick pony.
original was stolen before i bought it
now a days thiefs will go to look at cars and take out sd card map and sell them
Old 03-22-2017, 01:11 PM

thanks
Old 03-22-2017, 02:50 PM

original was stolen before i bought it
now a days thiefs will go to look at cars and take out sd card map and sell them
Sounds like the dealer owes you a replacement SD card.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:42 PM

so apparently there is 3 different sd map cards for this card
i guess my luck ran out because the 2 out of 3 ive had are the wrong ones
So now down to the last one and if it doesnt work im taking this car back to service
Old 03-25-2017, 08:48 PM

So now down to the last one and if it doesnt work im taking this car back to service
A Maxima without the proper sd card is the same as a Maxima without a proper space saver spare or without the power seats. Just not right. The dealer MUST find a way to correct this.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:51 AM

I don't have a proof, but I think there is some personalization between the car's system and sd card. Perhaps to prevent copying card info over. Don't waste your money, I don't think any part number will work. A dealer needs to perform an "sd card upgrade" on your car.
I could be totally wrong, but I would contact the dealer before spending any more money.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Have you had any luck? I just bought a maxima today with no SD card... I am tempted to buy one off ebay, but I'm worried it won't work. Was it just a matter of getting the right part number, or does it have to be paired to your HU at the dealer?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy mcgill
Have you had any luck? I just bought a maxima today with no SD card... I am tempted to buy one off ebay, but I'm worried it won't work. Was it just a matter of getting the right part number, or does it have to be paired to your HU at the dealer?
hey dont buy the SD cards from ebay because they dont work. I bought 3 and one of them had the same part# as the one i got from the dealer but didnt work. get it directly from the dealer.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey dont buy the SD cards from ebay because they dont work. I bought 3 and one of them had the same part# as the one i got from the dealer but didnt work. get it directly from the dealer.
Wow. I didn't get my car at a Nissan dealer, but the dealer where I bought it said they'd order me one. I really doubt they'll be able to get me one that works though. I'll probably just have to go to Nissan myself. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy mcgill
Wow. I didn't get my car at a Nissan dealer, but the dealer where I bought it said they'd order me one. I really doubt they'll be able to get me one that works though. I'll probably just have to go to Nissan myself. Thanks!
Same here i bought mine from a toyota dealership
they gave me $160 reimbursement for no SD card so i thought i go cheap and buy one from ebay but that didnt turn out so well lol
Old 04-19-2017, 07:53 PM

I've been through this - it's a complicated situation that might require an entirely new head unit.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by lindros2
I've been through this - it's a complicated situation that might require an entirely new head unit.
no you dont need a new head unit
just get a new sd card under the vin number of your car and your good to go
Old 04-19-2017, 09:17 PM

no you dont need a new head unit
just get a new sd card under the vin number of your car and your good to go
Let me repeat:

I've been through THREE SD cards - under the VIN number of my car - and all failed.

Replacement head unit was required.

Want to debate me further? I've been dealing with this for 9 months. And I know more about auto telematics and infotainment systems than most.

I was on the verge of a Lemon Law replacement if Nissan's piece of s--t "consumer affairs" morons didn't get their act together (which they never did). But my dealer stepped up. Not the welfare monkeys in Nashville.

Instead of buying another GT-R (I was one of the first owners in July, 2008), I got a Porsche 911 as my second car. I'm tired of garbage like going through SD cards because the retard morons at Nissan can't figure out how to pair navi cards with a VIN.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 AM

Wow, lindros2. I realized early on that there was NO WAY to replace a missing SD card except through the dealer, but your experience really plows new ground here. I don't blame you for turning to Porsche. Nissan, in their attempt to negate the market value for stolen SD cards, has set up a can of worms that results in legitimate owners of Maximas having serious difficulty getting operable SD cards at any price. That should not have happened.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by lindros2
Let me repeat:

I've been through THREE SD cards - under the VIN number of my car - and all failed.

Replacement head unit was required.

Want to debate me further? I've been dealing with this for 9 months. And I know more about auto telematics and infotainment systems than most.

I was on the verge of a Lemon Law replacement if Nissan's piece of s--t "consumer affairs" morons didn't get their act together (which they never did). But my dealer stepped up. Not the welfare monkeys in Nashville.

Instead of buying another GT-R (I was one of the first owners in July, 2008), I got a Porsche 911 as my second car. I'm tired of garbage like going through SD cards because the retard morons at Nissan can't figure out how to pair navi cards with a VIN.
looks like you have a different problem then
I went through 3 SD cards too until i got one from the dealer and my problem was fixed. I didnt have to replace my whole unit
Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

What about putting the SD card in to you computer.
Use Windows Command Prompt and type:
xcopy {SD Drive} {Backup Folder Path} /E /H /Y
For those who had lost it. I'm not sure if there's hope for you.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
What about putting the SD card in to you computer.
Use Windows Command Prompt and type:
xcopy {SD Drive} {Backup Folder Path} /E /H /Y
For those who had lost it. I'm not sure if there's hope for you.
From what I understand, the SD card is formatted using a method not available on windows. I've read that linux users are able to copy the data, though. I don't know enough about that sort of thing to really understand it. I do have an extra maxima SD card lying around if anyone has any suggestions on how to experiment with it.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 PM

This is terrible. I have an extra sd card as well from the dealer after complaining about my old maps it does not work.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Trouble with sd card

Hi Folks! Hope someone can help me. I bought a Nissan Máxima 2017 SR. first i Didnt hace the sd for the navigation system; then I went to a Nissan Dealer and had the sd card. First I noticed that the positioning system was giving me wrong information. I set it up manually but then again my position got lost. I cant set the adjustment for the clock, and i dont have any satellite. Cananyone help me??
Old 07-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lock

Try taking the lock off your SD card. All settings are wrote and retrieved from the SD card. It is used for everything, not just maps. It probably errors out when it attempts to write data