8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

3rd Brake Light Cover for 2016 Maxima with Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 04:25 PM

3rd Brake Light Cover for 2016 Maxima with Spoiler

Can't find the thread I had read here several months ago about this issue, so I thought I'd start a new one with helpful information. Like many of you, I have a 2016 Maxima with the spoiler that has a brake light in it. I hated the look from the back with having a 4th brake light in the window, so I disabled it a while back. I wanted the cover like the 2017 Maxima has instead of having either a hole in the back deck, or leaving the disabled brake light in there. After months of waiting, I finally found a valid part number for this cover (charcoal interior). I found it a quirkparts.com...the part number is 79966-4RA0A ($11.14 shipped). I ordered it and immediately received a delayed shipping email because they had to get the part from the manufacturer. After waiting a week or two, it arrived yesterday and fits perfectly. An added bonus is that the rear shade still works after disabling the third brake light and just leaving the harness hanging in there. Hope this helps some of you searching for this cover.

Last edited by PlayU18; 06-04-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:08 PM

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...a-spoiler.html
Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Yes we ordered our new premium spoiler to have installed with our new 2017 Platinum. I made sure to also order this part for the install. I did not want double brake lights like that. Looks really stupid.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:56 PM

Thanks. I was searching for light cover. Feel free to merge threads if necessary.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:04 PM

Thank you !!
Old 06-05-2017, 06:27 AM

Just ordered this myself....my shipping was a little more, but totally worth it. Been wanting this for a while. Thank you so much for this information!!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:16 AM

Just got an email from the quirkparts.com that the item is unavailable and they refunded my money ....anyone know where else to get this from?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by celticdiablo
Just got an email from the quirkparts.com that the item is unavailable and they refunded my money ....anyone know where else to get this from?
The same happened to me, already!!!
......my Nissan local dealer parts has no clue about this part number.....
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 AM

I received the same email...
Old 06-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Do a Google search on the part number and there are a number of sellers of this part.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Richard66
Do a Google search on the part number and there are a number of sellers of this part.
I did this, but they have a very similar web site feel making me believe they are getting them all from the same place. I did try another site though and hoping they have in stock or something. Waiting to see if I get the same email.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 AM

I guess I was lucky, mine came from the factory with the spoiler and no brake light in the back window.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:22 AM

I did this, but they have a very similar web site feel making me believe they are getting them all from the same place. I did try another site though and hoping they have in stock or something. Waiting to see if I get the same email.

I have placed an order here.....expensive shipping fee, by the way...
https://www.nissanpartsclub.com

Waiting for the order confirmation...
Old 06-05-2017, 01:06 PM

Guys my local dealer is having a hard time ordering this. Even Nissan is saying they cant get it. The part number comes up BUT they are having trouble with the color code for the matching piece. We have the Charcoal interior. Does anyone have the part number etc for this piece for charcoal interior?
Old 06-05-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dochidalgo
I have placed an order here.....expensive shipping fee, by the way...
https://www.nissanpartsclub.com

Waiting for the order confirmation...
Crap. In a rush I ordered the B instead of the A which is for charcoal apparently. I supplied my vin # do you think they will fix that? I tried to call and this place has an answering machine. I don't like that. Trying to cancel the order. My local dealer ordered the "A" for me.

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 06-05-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:15 PM

My local dealer was able to order it BUT its on back order.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:45 AM

What does it consist of removing this 3rd brake light and putting the cover on? Is it easy to remove? Anyone have instructions? This cover is holding up my install with the premium spoiler from the dealer. They have my spoiler in but still waiting for the cover to come in. Was thinking about getting the spoiler installed now and just wait for the cover to come in. Then they can put it in. BUT if its a process or a pita to do it. Suppose I can just wait and get it all done at once?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:39 PM

https://www.beelineparts.com/oem-par...elf-799664ra0a

I highly recommend BeeLine Parts, link to the part above. 79966-4RA0A, charcoal, was $7.31 and they offered free standard USPS shipping. Customer service has been excellent so far, receiving emails even phone calls to update me on the status of my order. The parts manager is very knowledgeable with the issue they are having, and I can confirm that any orders on these parts will be backordered as Nissan has only begun to manufacturer them and they are in very limited supply. Most cheap online parts stores do not even have the part in their system, don't know what it is or why we want it, and most of them can't even read a newer VIN so they direct you to the entire rear shelf for $100+. I should have mine in about a week and I ordered a few days ago.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:25 PM

i really hope to get mine.
that thing is a bug's cemetery.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
Guys my local dealer is having a hard time ordering this. Even Nissan is saying they cant get it. The part number comes up BUT they are having trouble with the color code for the matching piece. We have the Charcoal interior. Does anyone have the part number etc for this piece for charcoal interior?
https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...ml#post9144955
Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by tmokorn
https://www.beelineparts.com/oem-par...elf-799664ra0a

I highly recommend BeeLine Parts, link to the part above. 79966-4RA0A, charcoal, was $7.31 and they offered free standard USPS shipping. Customer service has been excellent so far, receiving emails even phone calls to update me on the status of my order. The parts manager is very knowledgeable with the issue they are having, and I can confirm that any orders on these parts will be backordered as Nissan has only begun to manufacturer them and they are in very limited supply. Most cheap online parts stores do not even have the part in their system, don't know what it is or why we want it, and most of them can't even read a newer VIN so they direct you to the entire rear shelf for $100+. I should have mine in about a week and I ordered a few days ago.
I also recommend going with these guys. I ordered mine on on June 6. They called me on the 7th and told me it was a new part and that Nissan said they would start shipping them the end of June or the first of July. They asked if I would like to keep my order, or cancel it since they didn't have a set date. I said just keep it and ship it when it came in. These guys at actually the parts guys at Conyers Nissan. I figured 7 bucks wasn't going to kill me if it never showed up.

Well it arrived yesterday on the 16th. Perfect fit, finish and color, and yes it is a Nissan OEM part. Do not hesitate to deal with these guys.

HoustonQX3

Last edited by HoustonQX3; 06-17-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:13 PM

Mine came in from my local dealer on Friday. YES! Getting the spoiler installed with that new cover from the dealer on Tuesday. This part is in high demand right now either way. Is the interior brake light difficult to remove and disconnect? Just curious.

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 06-17-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
Mine came in from my local dealer on Friday. YES! Getting the spoiler installed with that new cover from the dealer on Tuesday. This part is in high demand right now either way. Is the interior brake light difficult to remove and disconnect? Just curious.

Super easy, you put a little pressure on the front of it, while lifting upwards and the front should pop out. Then you pull the assembly forward a little and it will slide out from the back. Don't pull like crazy as the wire will still be attached. Pull the wire loose from the light assembly, and then push it back down, and your done. FYI I moved the foam up the wire to cover the connector so it wouldn't bang around on the deck. Put the light cover on the same way the light assembly came off, and your done. Should take you about less than a minute.

HoustonQX3
Old 06-28-2017, 06:52 PM

I picked it up and could not be more happy. My local dealership parts dept were ******** and refused to help me but i called up beeline parts and had the pleasure talking to Nick. If you need anything Nick's the man. He went out of his way to make a sale on a 7 dollar part. Thanks Nick

Nick Lewis
eCommerce Director

Beelineparts.com
Conyers Nissan
1420 Iris Drive SW
Conyers, GA, 30094
eComm Direct: (678) 233-2448 Ext: 290
Phone: (770) 929-8432

Old 06-28-2017, 07:48 PM

nice!
mine got shipped after a long backorder status.

i can finally tint it.
until then, i have disconnected the spoiler light.

Originally Posted by MelodicMurder
I picked it up and could not be more happy. My local dealership parts dept were ******** and refused to help me but i called up beeline parts and had the pleasure talking to Nick. If you need anything Nick's the man. He went out of his way to make a sale on a 7 dollar part. Thanks Nick

Nick Lewis
eCommerce Director

Beelineparts.com
Conyers Nissan
1420 Iris Drive SW
Conyers, GA, 30094
eComm Direct: (678) 233-2448 Ext: 290
Phone: (770) 929-8432