8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Stock premium spoiler question that came with your car or installed yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 06:29 PM

Stock premium spoiler question that came with your car or installed yourself

Or installed by your dealer. It looks like they might have botched my install. The left side has come up and barely holding onto small pieces of the tape I guess it comes with. The gap is wide enough to see a push pin. The rest of the install is flush and looks fine. Its just the far left side that does not look right. The tape has lifted up. Has anyone had this problem during install? Either they put to much torque or not enough causing it to lift up? Or just a botched install overall? Can anyone post pictures of yours up close specifically the left side? I had their body shop install it. I would really love to see a good install and how it suppose to look. Even coming from a factory install as well if someone don't mind posting up. I am not happy right now.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM

mine has lifted outside of the bolt on the passenger side.. not sure exactly when it came off.
it was installed by a collision auto shop approximately last november of 2016.
and no, i have not contacted them yet.
i will try to get a photograph to post here.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 PM

Wow this sounds just like mine but on the drivers side. I will be taking it back tomorrow. It looks like the bolt just popped up as you said. I can clearly see the bolt. I wonder if it will be a pita for them to fix? Will be interesting.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:57 AM

Yes i had the same issue on the sport to, at. The there are plastic clips , you breaks them and there is tread under then use the same nuts same size as the other ones but i hard to put them on .lol
Old 06-21-2017, 01:05 PM

I took it back today and they had a look at it. Between the clip and the tape failing on that side. They are making a claim with Nissan and took pictures to order another new one under warranty. The install looked great and very factory like other then that left side with the clip popping out. He basically said if one comes up like that its game over trying to ever fix it properly. He did say they had a bit of a problem on that particular side. Not enough to think the clip would actually pop up I suppose. So in the mean time I was told not to wash it and they put some more sticky padding down to hold it a bit better until the new one comes in ASAP. A bit sad but they are making it right. I could easily see a crooked place just saying yeah we pushed the clip back down and throw a bunch of the sticky padding to "cover" the messed up clip. They was honest with me which is wonderful.

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 06-21-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 PM

So a little update. They submitted the claim yesterday to Nissan with the pictures. Nissan got back with them today in less then 24 hrs. Nissan wants them to pull it off and remount it again trying that first to see if that will work out. If not. Then they will honor the claim and send them another brand new one. So I am not sure how I feel about this. Is it Nissan being difficult not wanting to send another? Or did they miss a step during install which Nissan might be thinking? Either way I go back Tuesday. What would you guys do in this situation? I am trying to feel in different about this. On one hand I believe my dealer/body shop is being honest. At the same time what if they messed up or something? Know what I mean. At the same time. What if its Nissan just being difficult with them. I don't know what to think?

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 06-22-2017 at 01:08 PM.