8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2019's are rolling in.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by lindros2
Did you drive a 2019? Or just post this to stir the pot?

"Has anyone used an iPhone Xs? Probably the same experience as an iPhone X. It’s not like a total redesigned phone."
Lindros, I think the man has a point here, to be honest with you. With no known changes whatsoever to the transmission, engine, suspension, interior etc etc, with only very minor changes to the exterior, well, yes. If someone asked me what I thought driving a 19 would feel like, I would say probably the same as driving an 18. It's an assumption, but a reasonable one.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by lionel2013
Lindros, I think the man has a point here, to be honest with you. With no known changes whatsoever to the transmission, engine, suspension, interior etc etc, with only very minor changes to the exterior, well, yes. If someone asked me what I thought driving a 19 would feel like, I would say probably the same as driving an 18. It's an assumption, but a reasonable one.
My assumption is, "yes, Nissan went cheap, and it drives the same."

ASIDE FROM the fact that they might have improved things... bigger wheels (Platinum...)...

My 2009 vs 2011 GT-R should have been the same. But they weren't.

People are concerned with ricing their taillights and no one can get to a dealer (or works for a dealer) and can compare.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Has anyone driven - or purchased - a 2019 yet?
Just placed an order for a 19 Platinum. Nissan credit extended my 16 Plat lease for 5 months so I could get the car the way I want it. All options except the monkey butt tan enterior. I put 500 bucks down to place the specific oder and color combo with all options just as I did over 3 years ago for the 16. Folks, I have shopped all over with many brands including the BMW, Mercedes, Stingr E350, Avalon, Acura, etc. Nothing cmes close for the equipment included and gets over 30 MPG. Do I give a rats *** that my car goes 0-60 in 6 seconds or less vs 0-60 in 5 or less? In the real world that second is inconsquential when you have enough power to begin with. If you are a boy racer, this is not the car for you.

Last edited by robtroxel; 01-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:07 PM

My assumption is, "yes, Nissan went cheap, and it drives the same."

ASIDE FROM the fact that they might have improved things... bigger wheels (Platinum...)...

My 2009 vs 2011 GT-R should have been the same. But they weren't.

People are concerned with ricing their taillights and no one can get to a dealer (or works for a dealer) and can compare.
Are you saying the newly revised taillights look ricey?
Old 01-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
Are you saying the newly revised taillights look ricey?
No, I'm saying jury-rigged taillights jammed onto a 16-18 look ricey.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:10 PM

No, I'm saying jury-rigged taillights jammed onto a 16-18 look ricey.
Got it.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
Got it.
Truth be told, they look great. Nissan really updated the part - the top (horizontal area jutting out) is painted black for maximum reflection/light prevention, and the white/smoke looks great in person.
HOWEVER, I think my 2016 part looks fine - great actually - when parked at night after unlocking the car.
So I don't understand why people would go through the trouble to retrofit.
I saw people dealing with electrical issues after replacing non-HID lights with HID back in the day. It's just not worth it.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Love that color.. The new one is bad ***!
Old 02-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima 2020 VC-Turbo?

greetings
any one have info (conjecture & rumors welcome) if Nissan plans to put the VC-Turbo engine as an option on the 2020 Maxima?

yes, i did read the post reminding 3.5 liter Maxima engine is superior

like the badge

LarryDarrell027
Old 02-24-2020, 06:08 AM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by compyelc4
Now that is a sweet ride. Normally I do not like the orange metallic but on your Max that looks terrific. A word of caution. Your rims are sticking right out there at the edge of your tires (all of our stock Max's do). Notice you do not have much tire overlap of the rims. For this reason be VERY cautious around curbs or you will certainly get ugly curb rash even if you are being careful. If you have cash left over, and you plan to keep the car awhile you might want to consider a clear bra applique like 3M to protect that beautiful front end, headlights, hood, and outside mirror housings from road rash. Nissan paint chips quite easily but my 3M has been a godsend in this department.
Good point. However, I just got my windows tinted and i asked the guy how much it would be to get the whole package of the clear 3M film around my car and he said 1k. My mouth dropped. He said all the trade situations and uncertainty with Trump and China and a lot of auto parts and accessories coming from China have increased their costs. He said he knows its a lot but he's barely making a profit on this charge. I paid just $500 + in 2015 for the same thing from the same place!!
Old 02-24-2020, 06:03 PM

He said all the trade situations and uncertainty with Trump and China and a lot of auto parts and accessories coming from China have increased their costs. He said he knows its a lot but he's barely making a profit on this charge.

Maybe true, maybe not. There was a local news article a while back about some retailers increasing their prices and blaming it on the tariffs. A way to make more money and not be blamed for the hike in prices. There are some people that can't be trusted.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 03-09-2020, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

yesterday purchase

Old 03-09-2020, 10:56 AM

Welcome Tony,

Your car is unique looking!>>> though for me, the black wheels / trim just don't give enough detail; My 2 cents. Do enjoy what we think is a great styled car.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by chrsbmba

The rocker trim and the rear diffuser really adss to this cars flair. When you get the car serviced have the techs be carefull how they lift the car, otherwise they will crack the side skirts.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by LarryDarrell027
greetings
any one have info (conjecture & rumors welcome) if Nissan plans to put the VC-Turbo engine as an option on the 2020 Maxima?

yes, i did read the post reminding 3.5 liter Maxima engine is superior

like the badge

LarryDarrell027
I hope not, I got a loaner Platinum Edition One Altima with the VC-Turbo and that thing has so much turbo lag when you step on it. Almost a full second it felt like before it finally sprang forward! I got my Maxima back and it felt like a rocket, it was so much more responsive than the Altima.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:56 PM

Truth be told, they look great. Nissan really updated the part - the top (horizontal area jutting out) is painted black for maximum reflection/light prevention, and the white/smoke looks great in person.
HOWEVER, I think my 2016 part looks fine - great actually - when parked at night after unlocking the car.
So I don't understand why people would go through the trouble to retrofit.
I saw people dealing with electrical issues after replacing non-HID lights with HID back in the day. It's just not worth it.

Be honest the 16 -18 tail lights are outdated and look cheap and plain specially with no LED brake or turn signal. So its understandable if someone wants to upgrade to the 19 +. I don't think its ricey at all. It belongs on the car its not redesign its only a facelift. Its not a big deal to retrofit they literally are plug and play.