Detailed Review of 2019 Maxima Platinum Reserve - Page 2 - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 8th Generation Maxima (2016-)
Reload this Page >

Detailed Review of 2019 Maxima Platinum Reserve

8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Detailed Review of 2019 Maxima Platinum Reserve

Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel View Post
Then be lazy - use rim! Still incorrect. What have you heard about your rear seat upholstery?
nothing.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKESCREEN View Post

wow.
would that be rear seat or backseat? :-)
Old 02-11-2019, 08:01 AM

Hey Lindros,

Can you Update us on the progress in getting some of your car's shortcomings fixed? From what I read you are still unhappy. I am more than curious since I have a loaded Platinum arriving sometime in early March. (Went with the Black interior though, still stickered at 45 K) Thanks to you, I will be checking the car over thoroughly before any paperwork is done.
In reading between the lines I detect some dissatisfaction with your lease pricing. I realize it will be more that what we were paying on the then new 2016s but like I said earlier, I will walk away and forfeit the 500 bucks I put down rather than be mad about it for 3 years! Have you thought about replacing yours with a 2018?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Can you Update us on the progress in getting some of your car's shortcomings fixed? From what I read you are still unhappy. I am more than curious since I have a loaded Platinum arriving sometime in early March. (Went with the Black interior though, still stickered at 45 K) Thanks to you, I will be checking the car over thoroughly before any paperwork is done.
In reading between the lines I detect some dissatisfaction with your lease pricing. I realize it will be more that what we were paying on the then new 2016s but like I said earlier, I will walk away and forfeit the 500 bucks I put down rather than be mad about it for 3 years! Have you thought about replacing yours with a 2018?
First, I haven't done anything. I want the car to be broken in - 2000-5000 miles - before I have anything done.
Second, the quality issues will force a regional service rep to be present. This was sloppy - it never should have left the factory like this.

Third, I knew going in it would be more expensive. Leasing is simple - you pay difference of purchase price and residual.
I paid about $41k. Georgia tax about $1300. Fees were whatever they are. Dealer and Nissan ate three payments on 2016 (~$1500). All wear and tear on 2016 was wiped out.

Finally, you shouldn't have to forfeit ANYTHING. There is no "custom order" of a Maxima - and even if there were, it's illegal to hold your money/deposit.
This isn't a Bentley or Mclaren.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
First, I haven't done anything. I want the car to be broken in - 2000-5000 miles - before I have anything done.
Second, the quality issues will force a regional service rep to be present. This was sloppy - it never should have left the factory like this.

Third, I knew going in it would be more expensive. Leasing is simple - you pay difference of purchase price and residual.
I paid about $41k. Georgia tax about $1300. Fees were whatever they are. Dealer and Nissan ate three payments on 2016 (~$1500). All wear and tear on 2016 was wiped out.

Finally, you shouldn't have to forfeit ANYTHING. There is no "custom order" of a Maxima - and even if there were, it's illegal to hold your money/deposit.
This isn't a Bentley or Mclaren.
Thanks for your comments. On Dec 31st I gave my dealer 500 bucks to order a 2019 Maxima Platinum equipped with specific options (basically all options except the brown interior) So we may debate the term used but he gets me the car I want with all or most options installed at the factory. Maybe we should call it a "request". Either way I get the exact car I want. There were no other 2019 cars so equiiped in the midwestern region so the 500 bucks shows my good faith and committment to this car. Still you and I both know this is more like a "fishing license" when the car arrives, to strike a deal that we can both live with. Sounds like you got some decent terms after all; but it does cost to be among the 1st. I'd rather lease but also have the option to buy it outright. I like the idea of Nissan delcaring a residual that is often higher than what I can get on an owned car trade-in. I appreciate your slant on whether the deposit is refundable. By rights it should be since I never did sign any paperwork yet.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Thanks for your comments. On Dec 31st I gave my dealer 500 bucks to order a 2019 Maxima Platinum equipped with specific options (basically all options except the brown interior) So we may debate the term used but he gets me the car I want with all or most options installed at the factory. Maybe we should call it a "request". Either way I get the exact car I want. There were no other 2019 cars so equiiped in the midwestern region so the 500 bucks shows my good faith and committment to this car. Still you and I both know this is more like a "fishing license" when the car arrives, to strike a deal that we can both live with. Sounds like you got some decent terms after all; but it does cost to be among the 1st. I'd rather lease but also have the option to buy it outright. I like the idea of Nissan delcaring a residual that is often higher than what I can get on an owned car trade-in. I appreciate your slant on whether the deposit is refundable. By rights it should be since I never did sign any paperwork yet.
Deposit is absolutely always refundable. That's the nature of it. Even on my GT-R ($2k then $10k), I could have walked and gotten it back. And that was kind of a custom order since dealers had to fight for their allotment (mine got six).
Back to the Maxima (your point at hand). *ALL* of these things are going to be tough to get. They're dribbling out. It's almost like anything over an S or SV will be a custom request.
It ALSO appears that Nissan is dumping their fleet sales of the Maxima (this hasn't been publicized).
Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Deposit is absolutely always refundable. That's the nature of it. Even on my GT-R ($2k then $10k), I could have walked and gotten it back. And that was kind of a custom order since dealers had to fight for their allotment (mine got six).
Back to the Maxima (your point at hand). *ALL* of these things are going to be tough to get. They're dribbling out. It's almost like anything over an S or SV will be a custom request.
It ALSO appears that Nissan is dumping their fleet sales of the Maxima (this hasn't been publicized).
Yes, I agree. Did a tour of one of our close by dealers lots on Sunday and saw at least 12 new 2018s and 4 2019s (A Plat and SV , 2 SLs all fairly well equipped.