8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Fan/Static Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fan/Static Noise

Good evening!

Newb here from the Great White North!

Just got a ‘17 Maxima SR, but there is an annoying static or fan noise coming from the back. I tried to do a search and couldn’t come up with anything . Is this noise related to a fan or could it be something else?

thanks in advance

Last edited by Habanos_Moe; 01-30-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 PM

Hi Habanero,

I had the same issue when I first got my Platinum. Turned out to be that one of the seat coolers was turned on. Assuming it's that, then it is normal

Old 01-30-2019, 05:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Fishlet
Hi Habanero,

I had the same issue when I first got my Platinum. Turned out to be that one of the seat coolers was turned on. Assuming it's that, then it is normal

Thanks for your responae

it sounds like a fan or something from the arm rest area and is more noticeable in the back seat.

maybe I’ll try turning the seat heat/cool on or off and if that corrects it
Old 01-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

***Update

i figured out that there is a fan associated with the heated seats.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Habanos_Moe
i figured out that there is a fan associated with the heated seats.
Over time, mine started sounding "grinding" (I posted it elsewhere on the forum). My car had 21k miles, and everything worked fine - it just made the noise.
Front passenger seat did not.
On a brand new car, it still has the fan noise when the heated seat is on (might be the three levels?). Heated rear seats (Platinum Reserve) do not.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the feedback. Had the vehicle for a few weeks now - I am enjoying it every time I drive it.

A few things that I would want enhanced or better (My opinion only) - the stereo isn't too powerful - wish they had a subwoofer or two.
the CVT Tranny in traffic is a bit "clunky" and the black trim towards the back doors - is a bit cheaply put on (need to add adhesive to attached the corners)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Habanos_Moe
Thanks for the feedback. Had the vehicle for a few weeks now - I am enjoying it every time I drive it.

A few things that I would want enhanced or better (My opinion only) - the stereo isn't too powerful - wish they had a subwoofer or two.
the CVT Tranny in traffic is a bit "clunky" and the black trim towards the back doors - is a bit cheaply put on (need to add adhesive to attached the corners)
Glad your enjoying it so far.

Regarding the sound system, its good but not great. If you look through the settings, activating centerpoint and drivers sound stage makes it sound significantly better

The transmission does "thump" a bit, when tapping really light on the gas. Seems to be a common complaint, many folks attribute it to the torque converter. It seems to only affect my car when it's colder weather. Being a bit more aggressive on the gas seems to circumvent that

regarding the C pillar trim, a few folks have had theirs fall off in the car wash. So far mine have survived (fingers crossed). How did you reinforce yours, I might consider doing the same

Old 02-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Fishlet

Glad your enjoying it so far.

Regarding the sound system, its good but not great. If you look through the settings, activating centerpoint and drivers sound stage makes it sound significantly better

The transmission does "thump" a bit, when tapping really light on the gas. Seems to be a common complaint, many folks attribute it to the torque converter. It seems to only affect my car when it's colder weather. Being a bit more aggressive on the gas seems to circumvent that

regarding the C pillar trim, a few folks have had theirs fall off in the car wash. So far mine have survived (fingers crossed). How did you reinforce yours, I might consider doing the same

Geez i just proof read my response above - I can't Fu*&in type...lol

So i just noticed the pillar trim yesterday - I have yet to source what method I will try. I will let you know.

I tried the Centrepoint (works only on XM and iPod I believe) and driver stage (makes the sound more powerful on the driver side of the car) and they do make it sound a bit better. I am no longer in my 20s and not looking for low frequency from 15" subs or anything...but a coupel of 8" subs would have really helped.

Thank you for the feedback...appreciate it.