8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Carbon Fiber Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 AM

Carbon Fiber Wrap

Hello everyone,
I am hoping to get some feedback on the best way to wrap my rear diffuser/front splitter in carbon fiber. They will be delivered early next week. The couple of posts I have came across w/ them wrapped like that looks slick so I definitely want to go that route but was hoping to get feedback/direction on what materials/process works best for the folks that have theirs done this way. I ordered the unpainted ones and feel like wrapping them would also be more durable. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
bghouse
Old 02-20-2019, 12:27 PM

So from your question I’m assuming that you plan on wrapping them yourself?
Just asking in regards to if you’ve had any experience in using film or wrap and if yes to what extent. I myself love the look of carbon wrap and have tried to wrap a few things that I thought would be fairly easy since I have no experience whatsoever but, the wrap beat me up pretty bad. Lmao! I’d like to think that I’m pretty well versed and or a fast learner. But yeeeeeea.... Hell I tried wrapping my flat square kitchen table top and it looked like sh**! Hahahahaha! And I had everything needed. Razors and squeegees and spray bottles with water and baby soap mix and heat gun I mean everything. I’ve seen people do it watched YouTube videos the whole 9. I did a few parts on my motorcycle and they turned out pretty good. But that damn table top I couldn’t get. Lol!

Last edited by 414sfinest; 02-20-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:06 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply bud. Yeah, I was planning on wrapping them myself. I was posting to get a gauge on how difficult it'd be & material preferences. Once I get outta work I'm gonna pull up youtube and see if its something I will have the time to take on. I'm assuming its a tedious, detailed process which I have the patience for, just not sure I will have the time to allot for mistakes, redos etc. So appreciate the feedback!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wanted to see if you wrapped the rear diffuser since this post? I'm looking at doing the same and trying to gather some info or tips. Thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe426
Wanted to see if you wrapped the rear diffuser since this post? I'm looking at doing the same and trying to gather some info or tips. Thanks
No, since tax return came the same time I was getting ready to this I went ahead & had them painted. Sorry I couldn't be much help.