8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Seatbelt Chime continuous in 2019 Max...Ugh

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 11:56 AM

Seatbelt Chime continuous in 2019 Max...Ugh

Ok, I guess I've been spoiled with the fact that the seatbelt chime in all previous Maxima's would not continuously chime until seatbelt was fastened.

Look I'm not against wearing a seatbelt, but man this thing goes off within seconds and its loud and it will run continuously! Even when a passenger hasn't buckled up. Good safety feature I guess and does its job of reminding me but holy cow bit of a shocker since I've never really dealt wit it in previous Maximas. Not a fan, of the new quick and continuous chime feature but something I'm obviously going to have to deal with.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scott1243
Ok, I guess I've been spoiled with the fact that the seatbelt chime in all previous Maxima's would not continuously chime until seatbelt was fastened.

Look I'm not against wearing a seatbelt, but man this thing goes off within seconds and its loud and it will run continuously! Even when a passenger hasn't buckled up. Good safety feature I guess and does its job of reminding me but holy cow bit of a shocker since I've never really dealt wit it in previous Maximas. Not a fan, of the new quick and continuous chime feature but something I'm obviously going to have to deal with.
Ditto: Wish there was a way to return the 2019 chime operation to what my 2016 was
Old 04-24-2019, 12:33 PM

Ford and RAM actually offer the ability to turn off the chime...there's a sequence that the owner can do to disable it. Doesn't turn off the dash light, but the chime is user preference. I sure wish all car companies offered that. I think that should be a Constitutional debate.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:16 AM

Watched a few videos regarding the sequence....nothing for maxima specifically. Tried some of the tips and tricks shown in multiple videos, which shuts the chime off after 4 or 5 beeps.

Nothing worked....hopefully someone on this board can "chime" in (lol I just had too) on a possible trick to fix it.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:37 AM

Watched a few videos regarding the sequence....nothing for maxima specifically. Tried some of the tips and tricks shown in multiple videos, which shuts the chime off after 4 or 5 beeps.

Nothing worked....hopefully someone on this board can "chime" in (lol I just had too) on a possible trick to fix it.
I'm going to state the obvious, You could just wear your seatbelt and spend your time devoted to disabling this feature on something wiser..

But if you want a quick solution I have used my brain power to come up with an idea for this. Buckle the belt BEFORE you get in the car, and then sit and drive.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by BlackNYMax
I'm going to state the obvious, You could just wear your seatbelt and spend your time devoted to disabling this feature on something wiser..

But if you want a quick solution I have used my brain power to come up with an idea for this. Buckle the belt BEFORE you get in the car, and then sit and drive.

I hear ya, I guess my point is I don't need a chime as loud as it is to continuously be going off....example last night. I'm on the phone via bluetooth, pulling into drive through for a coffee, unbuckle my seatbelt to get to my wallet and the damn thing is so loud person on the phone was like WTF. Look all I'm saying is that Nissan went drastic with this one vs all previous models. I don't need a train horn constantly going off when I don't have a seatbelt on.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
ditto: Wish there was a way to return the 2019 chime operation to what my 2016 was
bravo!!!!!!
(I had a nightmare about the 2019 chime the other day - beep beep beep beep)
Old 04-26-2019, 05:42 AM

And I too would like to state the obvious. It's against the law to speed, but we do, rolling a red right turn, we've done it, maxima drivers don't usually change lanes without some aggressiveness there's a lot you are permitted to do in your own car based on your preference and discretion regardless of safety and the law. So if I'm free to do what I want and risk the circumstances, why then did the car manufacturer determine (perhaps based on DOT requirements) that the car I paid for turned into a big mama looking over my shoulder? Freedom is freedom. The option to disable it should be made available.

I'm going to state the obvious, .
Old 04-26-2019, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
And I too would like to state the obvious. It's against the law to speed, but we do, rolling a red right turn, we've done it, maxima drivers don't usually change lanes without some aggressiveness there's a lot you are permitted to do in your own car based on your preference and discretion regardless of safety and the law. So if I'm free to do what I want and risk the circumstances, why then did the car manufacturer determine (perhaps based on DOT requirements) that the car I paid for turned into a big mama looking over my shoulder? Freedom is freedom. The option to disable it should be made available.
Dude, You said it perfectly!!! I want freedom to go as fast as I can with no way to stop so why don't I just take the brakes off my car. FREEDOM!!! I am paying for my car every month, Big Mama can't tell me to stop my car!!!!!!!

btw you should be more concerned about your phone and all the apps on it then big mama making sure your seat belt is on.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:56 AM

I'm not sure if you're pulling my chain or if you really didn't get my point. My point is the chime is intrusive. Considering the price paid for a car, the owner should be given options. Clearly if I wanted to go 137 mph, I can. So if there's no restriction on those kinds of speeds, the chime seems a bit out of touch.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:34 AM

Well put. My solution came from EBAY. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Car-Sa...YAAOSw08hcpEi6
To those who don't approve >>Hold the safety snorting for another time
Old 04-26-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Well put. My solution came from EBAY. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Car-Sa...YAAOSw08hcpEi6
To those who don't approve >>Hold the safety snorting for another time
Please tell me this worked! Brilliant
Old 04-27-2019, 06:58 AM

Please tell me this worked! Brilliant
Works like a champ!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:45 AM

That darn dinging is so annoying. Also not wearing a seat belt allows you to get out of the vehicle quickly in case of a wreck

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7vrlCiJLCEJhx0
Old 04-28-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2young2retire
That darn dinging is so annoying. Also not wearing a seat belt allows you to get out of the vehicle quickly in case of a wreck

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7vrlCiJLCEJhx0
Your comment made me chuckle... Look I wear my seat belt. I just don't need a constant reminder when I need to take off my seat belt for certain situations while in the car. Thats all.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:02 AM

I'm not sure if you're pulling my chain or if you really didn't get my point. My point is the chime is intrusive. Considering the price paid for a car, the owner should be given options. Clearly if I wanted to go 137 mph, I can. So if there's no restriction on those kinds of speeds, the chime seems a bit out of touch.
I am not pulling your chain, Freedom is Freedom!!!! I totally get it, I mean why shouldn't manufactures allow for endless options for customers to be able to disable things. But seriously when it comes to FREEDOM, why stop at such a small option such as a seat belt chime, I mean for the price of the car I think we all deserve more FREEDOM!!! then a seatbelt chime bypass. Heres my ultimate Maxima FREEDOM list.

-Detachable doors
-Front and Rear window blackout shades(obviously this will be an American Flag shade, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Replace the Bose stereo with a FREEDOM Fry fryer
-NOW I will add seatbelt chime

Now thats sweet sweet FREEDOM!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:36 AM

I am not pulling your chain, Freedom is Freedom!!!! I totally get it, I mean why shouldn't manufactures allow for endless options for customers to be able to disable things. But seriously when it comes to FREEDOM, why stop at such a small option such as a seat belt chime, I mean for the price of the car I think we all deserve more FREEDOM!!! then a seatbelt chime bypass. Heres my ultimate Maxima FREEDOM list.

-Detachable doors
-Front and Rear window blackout shades(obviously this will be an American Flag shade, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Replace the Bose stereo with a FREEDOM Fry fryer
-NOW I will add seatbelt chime

Now thats sweet sweet FREEDOM!!!

Really dude? I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously....
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 AM

Really dude? I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously....
Have you ever heard of sarcasm? You should try it, Its pure FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I read all 16 bs replies and none of them says how to turn this bs off.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:49 PM

Here is the answer my friend! Works like a charm.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcs-Univers...lbOgXz&vxp=mtr
Old 06-25-2019, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MrSly
I read all 16 bs replies and none of them says how to turn this bs off.
Put on your seatbelt.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:44 AM

Read this...the chime is designed to be intrusive.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ash-protection
Old 06-26-2019, 07:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This thread reminds me of when I was in the lawm and garden business. Lawn tractors/mowers have all sorts of safety switches in them designed to protect consumers from them selves, seat, transmission, mower deck,,reverse. Some people found these "intrusive and would disable them. When they brought them into the shop for repair, if we saw this we were obligated to either reinstall the switches or have the customer sign off that he had intentionally disabled them. Can't fix stupid.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah I’ve been a Maxima owner for the last 15 years and had the last 4 body styles and I was shocked in the 2019 they have this feature now enabled because my 2016 and prior didn’t have this irritating feature though it’s helpful.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:25 PM

My 2017.5 Platinum since day one , which I got new. for some reason has the seat belt chime muted. I can see the seat belt light when I drive without the seat belt on or when the front passenger forgets to buckle in, but not sound at all. and I plan to keep it that way...Not an issue for me and not planning to bring it up on my next dealer visit...